Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Another post concerning Good-Bye.

The previous posts were due to the lack of earnings or blocking of earnings to hear Big Chuck say it.

How about Goodbye because things are now so far out of control that a single human can no longer handle it all?

I have been going through this every day, trying to decide weather to stay with the Internet part of a business or simply dropping it all as my Bricks & Mortar are growing by leaps and bounds?

How does one go about getting rid of sites?

Do we simple sell the server and let it all die within about a month?

Some here would say sell the domain – well if I took the time to monitor a domain selling – shit why stop?

I am hoping my Internet family can assist with this very tough decision. I am ready to stop most if not all my internet affiliate business due to lack of time.

Any help or offers would be appreciated!

Hey Sandra,

If your B&M business(s) are the ones generating revenue for ya and if you want to slow down your online marketing, why not just let the automated online sites run as they may? Since it's due to the lack of time, just put up minimum dollars for maintenance and let your programs run by themselves. It never hurts to see how they perform. Even if it brings in minimum revenue, you did not have to spend too much time in generating the dollars. Are your sites automated in a way that they can sustain some sort of income in the short term without having you baby them too much? If so, let it ride and make your decision at a later date. It might just pay for a few capuccino's for ya!

Sandra:

While this is probably a burden to you, I must admit that the MBA in me loves these kinds of questions (in a strictly academic sense, of course).

With that in mind, I can't offer any proposals, only questions. The biggest being, can/should the Web be part of your business plan moving forward? To help answer that, I'd like to know what your current situation is and what your expecting and hoping (not necessarily the same thing, of course) to accomplish in the short-term (next 9-15 months) and long-term.

At first glance, my knee-jerk response is that you may need to take 1/2 step back to take the next few forward. That may mean a short-term reduction in profit margin as you put resources in place that will, over a longer term, generate greater returns.

Wish I had known you before I did my degree, because this would have been a great topic for my final thesis!

ABW Ambassador
    I am confused Sandra. Somedays you have a staff and hundreds of warehouses. Other days you are all alone with numerous brick and mortar businesses, but I guess they are only open as you rotate through them?

But you don't have sites for those? You instead run affiliate sites only and have to sue google for being 10 days late with a check because otherwise you can't pay the rent?

Just confused on my part I guess.

Chet

Good Advice Ian & Karl,

I do have an MBA the school I went to required a project completion as opposed to a thesis.

The issue is "TIME" fortunate or unfortunate I do have written contracts to comply with.

YES PEOPLE affiliate marketing can be so much more than what you are privy to. When your numbers reach a certain level you are normally offered contracts to perform, that’s when you make the real money. Granted if I do sell out I will have to see if my contracts can be converted.

Time

I must confess the Internet portion of my business has been of my own volition; I wanted to see what it was about and how it all worked. Before you know it I was completing critiques and building sites. Then off to 3rd party warehouse selling, then into warehousing myself, and now I am into distribution. Affiliate marketing can seriously take you into all forms of business.

But I am still lacking TIME to do it all.

Chez,

The staff I have is not for the Internet; there are a few people that work on content and help. For the most part the Internet is and always was my baby.

Sounds like to need to adjust your organization and add staff if you want to make the Web a continuing part of your business and maintain your sanity.

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Sandra,

Why don't you outsource you site building to India and keep that extra income in your pocket, hehehe!

Better yet, let Mike keep up your sites, this way he at least will have nice sites to maintain.

OK, enough jokes. I'm not sure how much you make in aff marketing but you might find someone that would take those sites and help you out for a cut of the profits?

If you sell, sell all the sites as a package deal, please do not let them die or get swiped by some no good squatter or someone who will take your good work and drive it into SE spam!

You might consider keeping a few of your better sites in case you change your mind in a year.

ABW Ambassador
    Either pay for some more help or sell some of the pieces that are the most time consuming and least profitible.

I told the Mrs I hadn't seen many posts from you lately and wondered what was going on. Hope you get things resolved to your satisfaction.

ABW Ambassador
    Sometimes we take on too much. I would keep whatever is bringing in the money and that you enjoy and doesn't take up all your time, but maybe a good portion of it. Do what you love. BRB going to get a tissue.

What is this goodbye thingy going on?

SandraR you can't quit! (because I say so! )

Just take a break, AM give flexible time to work when ever you feel like working and if you getting overwhelm on too much work to do, take a break don't give up!

{Hugs} SandraR you will be okay lady! Take care if you choose to leave us! I wish you all the best!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    If you sell, I might be interested...

But it may permanently traumatize you to see how I'd get the sales! In short, those sites are too pretty, and I'd change that. Beauty is for the merchant sites. Would you patronize a store if the doorman looked better than the owner?!?

I'm serious; I've noticed a direct negative correlation between site beauty and site sales, which has held true at least since 1999. I'm not surprised in the least that your B&Ms are outperforming those beauty queens!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    Um... Sandra, you are not going ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!

If I have to fly over and slap you myself, you're staying LOL

ABW Ambassador
    Don't shut down your sites. I'll take 'em off your hands. That way, you don't need to monitor domain sales.

Michael

ABW Ambassador
    Me, personally..

I'd always go with the B&M I guess. All this internet thingy sometimes just feels soooo fake. Yes they money is real and all that, but not kowing what all this will be 2 years from now isn't very cool. IMHO

You know you will be missed if you leave don't you?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> SamyT wrote: If I have to fly over and slap you myself, you're staying LOL <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I've often thought that Sandra needed a good slap to straighten her out...

Andy

Upon reviewing this entire situation, letting this all go is going to be WORK. While reviewing all the contracts verbal and otherwise it’s quite the spider web.

Thank you everyone for your kind words, I am simply spread to thin to provide any merchant good at this point. If I can no longer serve a merchant with my BEST than what’s the point?

If you are seriously interested in making an offer or assisting with a solution please contact me. Unfortunately this is not going to be an easy transition. I still maintain the 3rd party warehouse agreements as well as maintain contracts that require transfers and all kinds of nonsense.

Dang there is no fast solution.

PM if you are interested I am interested in a packaged deal, this may be one of many next steps to free up some time.

***If I really do miss this and have time again – WELL at least I know how to do it!

SandraR,

It's not April Fools' day again today so don't even try it.

I know you're pulling a sick joke here because you're not going be simply dropping it all.
    You're already showing your butt but, I don't think you will be dropping your top, so stop the parody and get back to work butt, first let people off the hook because some here might belief you're quitting this business.

Sal.

Mr. Sal,

I have received my first phone call concerning this matter.

I am very serious - it’s all about TIME.

If there was more time in a day I swear it would not be an issue. The time required to maintain everything is beyond belief. It’s now time to prioritize, and I have elected to move on from the Internet portion of my business.

Its not like I will be gone from the face of the earth – if and when I have time again I will start again. I simply lack one moment more to dedicate to this.

Ohh better say ********* those of you I am still training and working with. I will always have time for you!

Dang forgot - but who ever buys the package even gets their own IM system.... Dang I forgot about that and will miss it a lot

ABW Ambassador
    *Sits on Sandra*

You'll regret giving up those sites.... maybe not the goodies, but SSan.com for sure.

If I built it once I can build it again! But I am no longer looking towards that avenue, its time to grow into the next realm.

-----------------
    [[["I am very serious - it’s all about TIME.

If there was more time in a day I swear it would not be an issue. The time required to maintain everything is beyond belief."]]]
    -----------------

Well, it sounds like you're very serious so, all I can say is that I am sad to see you go and good luck on your new venture.

You said before that you had made 1000's and 1000's of pages so I guess that even if you don't touch those pages nor make any new ones, you still will be collecting your monthly commissions with out even looking at the sites.

Naaaaaaaaa, I think you'll be back, after we start to make serious money on this business, it's not to easy just to quit it all, maybe we take a long vacation but, never quit completely.

Good Luck, Good Wishes, Good Night and Good to see you back in less than 30 days.

Sal.

To all interested:

I will submit a draft of "For Sale" within a few days!

I will also submit the draft at the Barter/Trade and For Sales area of this forum.

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=fr...79&f=745605689

Oh Sandra I'll miss you, hope we still get to see you around here.
    It appears you've thought it out well and you're pretty set on the course, so I wish you every success with the venture

But don't be a stranger

Does that mean you aren't coming to Vegas?

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    We can only hope you will be gone as long as Jason is when he is telling us he is gone for a few days and stays away only an hour or so

Btw where is he????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast