OK, enough coding, SEO, graphics, who out there has a good recipe for grilling steaks, chicken, etc. Yipes, its 89 degrees here. Where's the golden bubbly stuff?
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

ABW Ambassador
    Saw the title of the thread and thought it was one of my old ones

Marinate Recipe (beef, chicken, pork)

You'll needed

Soy Sauce - 1 cup

Sugar - 1 cup

Vegetable Cooking Oil - half cup

Lemon or Lime - 1 whole (squeeze tangy eww my teeth grinding.)

salt and pepper - half teaspoon salt(add more or no salt if you don't like salty you don't need to add salt)

tabasco sauce - to taste

onion - one large onion

fresh garlic - I use whole garlic but you can use little or none if you don't like garlic or use more if you love em!

7-up or Beer (optional) - 1/4 cup

1% commission 0.3 sec parasite infested - pricy!

lol... can't help it affiliate marketing is all we think about these days!

okay continue -
    mix all the ingredience<sp?>

chopped onions (it doesn't matter how you cut the onions it's up to you!)

garlic glove peeled the skin of and then smashed it or chopped it finely.

mix all the ingredient.
    (you can add more for your
    Meat (pork, chicken, beef) - the best way to get all the flavors soak in to the meat is cut the meat tin and flat, like if you are using chicken breast cut them in two flat ways(Cho-Cho Style).

Marinate the meat with the sauce and let it soak for two or three hours.
    Start BBQ - Note: keep an eye of them because they are easy to burn.

Side dish of black eye pea with ham, mashed potatoe and corn and a cob + cornbread!

Now you have you good yummy bbq meal!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

ABW Ambassador
    I looooooooove my aunties cooking! That sounds yummy Nova!

ABW Ambassador
    Here is my grilling concoction.

Get a bunch of shrimp, "do peel um", and put them in a big caserole dish. Melt a bunch of butter and throw it on top of the shrimp. Next cut up a mess of spring onions "finely cut" and some mushrooms not so finely cut - just smash um with a rolling pin will do good, LOL.

Drop in the shrum's and spring onions and mix it all up. Now grab a bottle of wosterchire and a1, open the top and start pounding on the bottom of the bottle till enuf comes out to suit you. If you like some heat get that tobasco sauce and throw some of that in too.

Mix it all up and say to your self - darn that butter sticks to everything - If it ain't - add some mo .

Now cover the dish with tin foil (hopefully the grill is very hot now) - put it on the grill along with a couple of think ribeyes, shut the lid but keep the vents open. Cook steaks to your taste and stir the mix good after about 5 minutes of cooken - pull it off when you "recon" da shrimp are cooked enuf fo you.

Put them slab steaks on a plate (or vetable platter if they are as big as the ones I cook) and then laddle the shrimp concoction all over the steak.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ABW Ambassador
    I'll translate that final comment as YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM LOL

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Those recipes make my steak sound so simple!

Get some HUGE steaks. Not just big around, but thick too (Over 1 lb)! Ribeyes, porterhouses, or T-bones--no cheap sh**!

Put a layer of sugar on 'em to make 'em nice and tender. Not sooo much sugar that they seem candied, but quite a bit for ones as thick as I'm thinking of!

Coat both sides in garlic salt.

Put on the grill. Charcoal. Make sure all the charcoal fluid is burned off (no smoking coals) before you put the steaks on, unless you like the taste of gas!

Turn over repeatedly during cooking. It'll take at least 1/2 hour to cook 'em if they're thick enough.

Slap 'em on a paper plate (you don't want to ruin the experience having to w*rk cleaning plates after, do you?!) and take them to the outdoor table. Bring some Barq's (root beer) with you.

If the skeetas have hatched already in your area, light up the citronella torches. Make sure they're tall enough so that you don't have to smell it, but the skeetas get a good blast of it.

Eat!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Best way I know to marinate a stake is let it sit in some vodka overnight.

Put the steak in a plastic zip log bag with the vodka. Put the bag in the fridge. Leave it there for 24 hours. Turn the bag every time you open the fridge.

Douse the thing with lots of fresh garlic, and cook. (Oh, and stand back a bit when the steak hits the hot grill.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leader:
    Put a layer of sugar on 'em to make 'em nice and tender. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Sugar? You gots the thickness right and the cuts, but rather...

Take a wide bladed knife and smear "sorta soft" butter across the steak, both sides. Get that bad ole charcoal fire white hot with a bellows and set that grill/grate right on the coals, let the steel heat up for a minute and drop the steak on, burn it to hell, turn it, burn it to hell and pull it off. Probably 4 minutes a side (or 6 if you're going more toward 2" thick steaks).

What you gots is Pittsburgh style, the best there is - almost raw in the center and nice an burnt on the outside (now, if you like "black'n'blue" you want that steak to be almost frozen before plunging it to the coals, so it don't get just rare in the center but, raw/blue).

Now the move to the disposable plates, sharp knives, Ice beer and James Beam Black to round out the meal. Vegetables? we don't need no stinkin' vegetables.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Eh-eh, medium-rare all the way through, no burnt meat for me! Burnt = hard to chew. It should practically melt in my mouth with no hard "shell" in the way.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Sounding really good guys and gals. I'm going to try Nova's marinade. I use a wood charcoal called Cowboy Charcoal. It gives you a nice barbeque flavor without the lighter fluid taste. No Kingsford here. Just like over a campfire.

And I'll take that 1 lb. steak idea by Leader too.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

Have to chime in on one of my favorite topics ... cooking steaks!

First, marinades are OK, but I'm a believer in great rubs. For steaks, a combination of coarse sea salt combined with garlic (roasted is my preference), chipotle and black pepper is a good start.

Second, it's important to get the grill scorching hot, because the first goal is to sear the meat, locking in those juices! Then move the steaks to a cooler part of the grill.

While on the grill, I like to "baste" the steak a bit, usually with a combination of bourbon (careful not to cause a burst of flames!) and the remainder of the rub.

For my taste, medium rare is the perfect steak! And Leader is correct, no cheap steak!

As for chicken and or boneless pork chops on the grill, here's my favorite quickie recipe - rub them down with seasoned salt, then coat them with horseradish sauce. Toss 'em on the grill and you're done in minutes. The horseradish sauce adds a bit of zing and a bit of a crispy exterior.

The BSE situation is finally winding down. Fine Canadian beef is now being shipped to the USA.
    ENJOY!

Affiliate Manager
    Here is a tip I picked up from a great steakhouse in the area (probably the best steaks in the world. The 44 oz. steak is amazing): Trim the fat off the meat (or get some from your butcher), melt the fat down, and then baste your steak with the melted fat. The flavor is amazing.

For a simple marinade I usually use some sort of cocktail of soy sauce, Frank's Red Hot, lemon juice, kosher salt, cayanne, a bit of dried mustard, worschetchier sauce, and maybe some green onions if you like them. Put it along with a steak (must be at least 1lb. Porterhouse or rib-eye are prefered) in a zip bag and let sit for a few hours. Throw it on a charcol grill. Only turn it once, none of this constant flipping. Eat medium rare and enjoy.
    Joe Sousa
    <a href="http://www.whatdoesjoethink.com">What Does Joe Think</a>
    Affiliate Coordinator
    <a href="http://www.fanatics.com">Fanatics.com</a>

Thanks, Now I'm starving and theres still an hour and a half until lunch!

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread