Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    The "time to be grillin" thread got me thinking that I REALLY need to get some good recipes for grilling. Now, all my "grilling", unfortunately, will have to be done inside on either a George Foreman Grill or in the frying pan. Don't have a outdoor grill and no room for one, either.

Also, I'm a pretty pathetic cook. Any recipes need to be laid out in, shall we say, first grade english!

And finally, the steaks I'm talking about aren't beef steaks. They are buffalo steaks instead. That shouldn't make much of a difference, but thought I would bring it up in case it does!

Also feel free to drop some recipes for cooking steaks in the great "single guy" invention, the Crock Pot.

Jim:

Buffalo steaks are so much better than beef anyway. But I don't think I would waste choice meat in a crock pot. I love their convenience, but for handle choice cuts of meat, they are one of the least desirable options.

ABW Ambassador
    All this talk about grilling steak has got me in the mood but i think my grill is out of gas, wasps have taken over the grill and my gf has hidden the wasp spray thinking i spray too much, and there is squirrel hair everywhere inside the grill and it looks likes it's going to rain. Have to use the backup, George Foreman grill today.

I'm not sure about recipes, but I am sure about my steak sauce! I love Heinz 57 steak sauce. A-1 just doesnt do it for me.

Trust, face it its time for a new grill. Go all out and build that dream grill all men have been looking for.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

I just got back from Stockholm, Sweden and has the nicest Reindeer steak, (actually it was elk). Tastes so much better than beef.

ABW Ambassador
    How about an add on......

Go to the store and get Cavenders All purpose Greek seasoning (It's in a yellow container like most large spices).

Get mushrooms and smash um with a rolling pin -(really just cut um up - like I do) LOL.

Get Ole george hot while you're melting butter. Toss on the shrum's, dab um up with butter and then sprinkle on a good base of the Greek seasoning. Wooohooooo - this simple recipe is awesome and works well as an appetizer or as a fantasic side to accompany your steak.

For the onion fan - the same thing works unbelieveably great too. And of course, shrimp along the same lines is incredible too.

Try cavenders and you'll be hooked regardless if you're a waleye warrier or not.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> waleye warrier <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey you could at least spell it right

Actually I just picked up some walleye fillets and we are having fish tonight
    I love it cause the kids don't care for "real" fish instead they like the boxed fish pieces
    Means batter them up and have a fish feast tonight without the kids getting them all.

You and the missus are sure making me hungry
    Think you need to bundle up some of those recipes and pass them around when we are in Vegas...hint hint

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> You and the missus are sure making me hungry
    Think you need to bundle up some of those recipes and pass them around when we are in Vegas...hint hint <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We could ask Haiko to make a forum for recipe for all ABW to share their own homemade recipe?

Whacha all you think?

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Buffalo steaks are so much better than beef anyway. But I don't think I would waste choice meat in a crock pot. I love their convenience, but for handle choice cuts of meat, they are one of the least desirable options.

Hi Karl,

No doubt, Buffalo is better than beef. But, well, I have 100 pounds of it to use! And I'm single. And that is on top of the 70 pounds or so of buffalo hamburger I have left. Plus I still have about 30 pounds of deer hamburger and steak lying around, too!

Thus, I'm sort of in a desperate need for recipes in order to use up all this food!

Naa Mrs. Poon, let's keep this affiliate marketing.

Poopie

ABW Ambassador
    I always misspell fish names and everything else too - LOL.

I even have a mount for a 40 lb "stripper" caught in the saluda river. The darn taxidermist even knew it was misspelled but knowing how crazy I am thought I really wanted it that way. No..... it didn't have red hair, long legs and big ole bazookas - LOL.

Definately looking forward to meeting you in Vegas... I seem to recall gearshopper or someone else bringing there RV and staying near the dam. Perhaps we can bring some gear..... NAH - never mind

OK One more recipe for you since you're having fish. The Mrs recipee for some very mean trout.

Regular cleaned and scaled - not talking fillets here.

Make mltiple diagnally shaped cuts completely across the thickest parts of the fish (on both sides). Only put a very small amount of greese in the pan - like barely enuf to cover the bottom of the pan 2 1/17 times LOL. Start cooking the fish on HI heat. The fish will actually stick to the pan - "let it stick" and don't screw with it. If you try and turn it too soon, you'll lose the skin but by letting it sear, it'll actually stay on when you turn it. After around 5 minutes turn down the heat and turn the fish over. Let that side cook good too. If the fish is real thick, you can laddle the grease onto it.

Every one says don't overcook fish (but forget that when you try this). These fish when you pull them out look like they are overcooked to hell and those initialy small diaganal slits in the fish make it look like a really mangled broken back rebel. The taste - outta this world!

Hmmmm, I think we'll go do some trout fishing tomorrow

OK jim I'll put one up tonight. It'll be good.
    Luke

Hey All, I'm surprised nobody mentioned Ron Popeils Showtime oven, best thing I ever bought for my home.

Kevin Andrews- GO WIRELESS
    http://www.bargaincellular.net

ABW Ambassador
    One of My favourites,

(Rump steak or the steak of your choice)

(Prepare ahead)
    Cut or buy a few bushy sprigs of rosemary (One per steak) and then season the steaks reasonably with salt and pepper on both sides. and place on a dish.

Put a sprig(twig?) of rosemary on each and push down gently to help flavour infusion, cover with cling film and place in fridge for an hour or more or until ready to cook.

Cook your steaks to your preference (turning only once) and place the rosemary very close to the steak while cooking. When you turn the steak, turn the rosemary.

-------------------------------------
    (Stolen Tip from bluesuitmom.com follows)

Place the steak on the grill and DO NOT move it. High heat allows the steak to sear in the juices. For a thick steak, 1 ½ to 2 inches, turn after 8 to 10 minutes. Sear the steak on the other side. The steak is done when you place your index finger onto the surface and you feel resistance. The less resistance, the more rare the steak. Remember that your steak will continue to cook after you remove it from the grill, so for a juicy steak, remove it from the heat before you feel it is done.
    ----------------------------------------------

When ready place cooked steak on plate with rosemary on top and place in warm oven while you make the sauce.

For the sauce I use Pure quality balsamic vinegar. Pour a couple of decent swigs of Balsamic into the remnants of your steak pan and bring to a fast boil. (Not too hot or your kitchen will be covered with vinegar.) Reduce the vinegar by at least half and pour over steak. Serve with potatos and seasonal vegetables.

Balsamic and rosemary are a wonderful combination and should have your partner thinking you are a gourmet chef

All the best,

DPG

auhuhuh, steeaak &lt;---me doing Homer Simpson drooling.

I've been having steak a couple of times a week for the last 3-4 months. I've been stuck frying it up inside the house (but not destroying it) due to the weather. I've gotta get George's grill.

I've been getting back into weightlifting and have been eating healthy all winter, no junk food. Now that the weather is getting better, I'll be out running again to lose the winter poundage I've added.

But keep those steak recipes comin'

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I even have a mount for a 40 lb "stripper" caught in the saluda river. The darn taxidermist even knew it was misspelled but knowing how crazy I am thought I really wanted it that way. No..... it didn't have red hair, long legs and big ole bazookas - LOL.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I once worked as a land development planner for a mountain realty here in CO. I made beautiful sales maps of the development. We printed 2500 copies and right in the middle of the map...

"Beaver Meadows Resort - A Pubic Recreation Area"

All the employees horded the maps for themselves.
    ~Ernie

ABW Ambassador
    @Erninator - You could likely make a bundle selling them door to door in the neighborhood.

Ern - Knocks on door
    The lady of the house - yes can I help you?
    Ern - Is the man of the house at home?
    The lady of the house - No he isn't, can I help you?
    Ern - Shows her the map, gives her a wink and a smile and says - are you interested?

http and a telephoto
    emerils.com Search for Buffalo.

And that's all I got to say 'bout dat....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Stuffed Steaks

4 steaks, about 8-10oz each, 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick
    1 cup crumbled feta cheese
    4 strips of bacon
    4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
    1/2 of a medium onion, sliced (optional)
    1 Tbsp butter or margarine
    salt and pepper

In a non-stick pan, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove from the pan, when cool, crumble the bacon and set aside.

In a skillet, melt the butter over high heat. Add the garlic and the onions, and sautee until soft, about 2 minutes.

In a medium bowl, combine the feta cheese, crumbled bacon, and the sauteed onion and garlic. Mix well, and set aside.

Season each steak with salt and pepper. Carefully cut a pocket in 1 side of each steak. Be careful not to cut all the way through. Stuff each steak with 1/4 of the cheese mixture.

Broil or grill the steaks on high, for about 5-6 minutes per side for 1 inch thick steaks, 7-9 minutes per side if using 1 1/2 inch thick steaks, turning them over once during cooking.

Remove the steaks from the heat, cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let sit for about 5 minutes.

Berber Marinade

1 med. onion, finely chopped
    4 cloves of garilc, finely chopped
    2 Tbsp chopped fresh ginger
    3 Tbsp paprika
    3 Tbsp cayenne pepper
    1 Tbsp coriander
    2 tsp black pepper
    1/2 tsp cardamon
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp allspice
    1/8 ground cloves
    4 tsp salt
    1 Tbsp honey
    3/4 cup olive oil
    1/4 cup lemon juice

Blend together well and marinade meat for at least 6 hours. It's good with steaks, shrimp and chicken. And it's spicy too! Too spicy, back off on the cayenne a little. Enjoy.
    Luke

Aged beef. Having been in the restaurant business one of the most important aspects have cooking a great steak is "age". It's imperative that your steaks have some age on them.I used to age my beef at least 2 weeks,preferably 3 weeks to a month. My brother also prepares a great steak spice due to hit the market very soon.He currently sells it privately and cannot keep up to the demand.

ABW Ambassador
    Yo mailman - if your brother can't keep up with demand selling privately then why in the world would he bring it to the open market?

Let me guess.... he wants to keep the internet free?

Affiliate Manager
    Vampyre
    Made your steaks last night with some great T-bones- it was fabulous!
    Jessica Hutson
    Senior Manager of Strategic Development

(IAN) Interactive Affiliate Network Representing:
    www.hotels.com
    www.travelnow.com
    www.vacationspot.com

I have tried to get him to go retail but to get listed in the supermarkets costs money. I guess you are right,internet! Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast