ABW Ambassador
    With all the talk about grilling and steak recipes I am getting anxious here to get started.
    Who uses the George Foreman Grill and what model do you use? Are they worth the investment?
    Thanks
    Cazzzie

ABW Ambassador
    I like mine despite it losing it's non stick-ability pretty quick.

It's much harder to clean now then a fricken pot but it does offer plenty of advantages that I still love. It doesn't come close on cooking steaks on the grill but for a quick meal with chicken, burgers, fish, poka chopas, hot dogs, and some awesome appetisers, it's great. The Mrs even cooks eggplant and other assorted vegies (I'll have nothing to do with) on it.

We've got the $99 version that will cook about 6 fairly big burgers at a time.

I LOVE the Foreman Grill! I cook everything on it. Burgers, chicken, breakfast sausages, ham onions. It is so convenient. Dont ever use metal utensils on it and it will stay stick free for a very long time. And def. get the bigger one. It saves so much time when you don't have to wait for the first chicken breast to be done to start the next one.

Don't get me wrong though, it is nothing like a regular barbecue. But it is healthier and 10x quicker!

Ditto everything Prophet said, except that I now prefer my George Forman over our outdoor grill. It cooks in a fraction of the time and cooks so evenly. I love it!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Go for the indoor/outdoor model, I think I paid $99 for my 2 years ago and it's great. Cook 8 burgers at once, chicken, steak, veggies and more, now I'm hungary!

I've got two. One of the big ones that steams hot buns while it's cooking and a small one that does two 'normal' burgers or one CodeJockey Burger with fixin's.

I went out and bought both after the Resident Teenager-who-thinks-he-is-really-a-Bobby-Flay-Grilling-Expert left the outdoor barbecue on four times in two weeks and emptied out the propane tanks all four times.

Touching my grills, my three crockpots and my coffee maker is, ah, 'discouraged', around here.

CodeJockey.

ABW Ambassador
    They're great, got the biggest one available this last Christmas

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Ditto all of the above.....

It rocks, faasssstttttt....and cooks evenly, all the excess fat drips away, just like the commercial.

Tip to clean: clean it right after you finish, when it's still warm/hot. Wet sponge, very little soap, hang on the edge of your sink with the 2 front legs hanging inside. Wipe down and all the grease and grudge comes off very easy....

If you eat first or don't have time, turn it on for 5 minutes so it gets hot and do the same, never use metal on it.

One of my favorite kitchen toys....
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DFLsports:
    Go for the indoor/outdoor model, I think I paid $99 for my 2 years ago and it's great. Cook 8 burgers at once, chicken, steak, veggies and more, now I'm hungary! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank goodness it's lunchtime!

I love the Showtime Routiserie oven by Ron Popeil. I cook Steaks, Chicken and everything with it and the meat always comes out perfect.

Go Ron!
    Kevin- Go Wireless
    http://www.bargaincellular.net

All of these great comments makes me think...is someone with an affiliate program selling these online?????????
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Lots of stores, i know Amazon does

So does target, walmart, compact appliance, macys, smartbargains........

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy Rodriguez:
    Tip to clean: clean it right after you finish, when it's still warm/hot. Wet sponge, very little soap, hang on the edge of your sink with the 2 front legs hanging inside. Wipe down and all the grease and grudge comes off very easy.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Expanded tip: That's where I put mine while cooking - the grease drains right into the sink instead of into the little plastic trough. Finish cooking and run hot water to wash it away - then I put the grill right into the sink and flush the bottom section with hot water while sponging down the upper grill. (not so as to submerge it though, just water running on the grill section itself)

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Just checking amazon and the grill I bought 2 or 3 years ago is very cheap, $59.00 see here (not an aff link) It does not cook both sides at once, more like using the traditional grills but it cooks great and ads the fun of flipping your burgers. At that price I might have to order another one.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 7-days:
    All of these great comments makes me think...is someone with an affiliate program selling these online????????? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course! I've been promoting these for years.

But sales have never been the same since Wal-Mart started pushing them in their brick-n-mortars.

Also there used to be merchants selling those grills who had a real commission and decent cookies. But now the only ones with any kind of selection that I know of are those "2nd Level" programs Trust mentioned. (I call them 2nd Level because for me to consider something "1st Level" it has to have at least 10% commish and 45 days cookie.)
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    George Foreman grill for affiliate marketers:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/looflirpa/igrill.shtml

I think with some looking you can find a 10%/45 day cookie. Cooking.com has 7% and 30 day cookie. I think 30 day cookie is fine for a George Foreman grill but i will see if there is a better commission % tomorrow. I've been inspired to build some George Foreman pages

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>the grease drains right into the sink instead of into the little plastic trough. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One final step: Run a tray or two of ice cubes through your garbage disposal while running cold water. Keeps the grease from clogging the drain pipes.
    ~Ernie

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>the grease drains right into the sink instead of into the little plastic trough. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be careful with grease down the sink if you have a septic system. Grease doesn't break down and the more you send down the sink the sooner you'll have to have someone out to clean it out. Much better to drain grease into an old soda bottle (pick up a funnel in the cheap housewares section of Target, Kmart, etc) and toss it when it starts to get full.
    Tom C.
    [URL=http://www.cafepress.com/simplesignshop]Simple Sign Shop[/URL]

Every day leave someone or something better than you found it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Look4:

Be careful with grease down the sink if you have a septic system. Grease doesn't break down and the more you send down the sink the sooner you'll have to have someone out to clean it out. Much better to drain grease into an old soda bottle (pick up a funnel in the cheap housewares section of Target, Kmart, etc) and toss it when it starts to get full. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, my parents house years ago had a long almost horizontal run and would clog up fairly easily. I used to use a large coffeecan for the grease, back when I cooked bacon more often, but now it's not that often and it's not that greasy I run hot water often at the same time (mine is 145 degrees) so it's not likely to be a problem here, but you're right it is something to consider.

I started my Atkins diet at the first of the year, and my small version of the grill (mine's a knock-off by Sunbeam) has helped me out SO much. Chicken, burgers, steaks, sausage, bacon, and when you need to cheat on your diet a little bit, grilled cheese sandwiches

I advise everyone to have one, especially when you start to think about all that grease your throwing away and not putting into your body.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread