ABW Ambassador
    Just a little more than 2 years ago, I found myself without a job in an area that has pretty dismal job prospects (lots of low wage jobs, very few good ones). So, I took the dive and plunged into web publishing - didn't even know about affiliate marketing at the time.

I set a one year goal to make 2K in the month of April of 2003. And I just managed to make that goal last year - and have exceeded it, sometimes by big amounts (record month is 7K this December, no surprise there) - every month since.

And last April, I set a 2 year goal of hitting the 4K month for income in April 2004. And, I'm pleased to say, have managed to hit that goal as well! And off a single content site, no less.

I use April as my "goal post" due to both marking the anniversary of my last job (been now more than 2 years I've ever had to "work") as well as because the month is sort of an in-between month that falls well away from the craziness of Christmas - sales should be good but not great (my site is summer oriented).

Have now set the 6K per month income goal for April 2005. To many here, these goals may seem modest. However, I feel that by adding 2K a year to my monthly income is a realistic goal that can be readily achieved and helps me avoid the temptation of "doing shortcuts" that might bring in $$ in the short term but cost everything in the longer term. I've always enjoyed long-range planning and creating web sites and running a web publishing business is a great way for me to put that enjoyment into action.

Even better, this year will mark the beginnings of developing my very own merchant site - which will probably go live about this time next year. It took a while to figure out what to sell and how to do it, but now that I've thought of it I'm almost kicking myself for not thinking of it earlier. While I won't make a fortune from this enterprise, the products will be "all mine" and won't go "out of style" or face any sort of competition (since I create the products).

Of course, affiliate marketing will continue to be a huge part of my income - indeed, I have big expansion plans laid out for my main content site as well as numerous content related domains reserved that will hopefully launch sometime in the near future.

I have to admit, I've been more than pleasantly surprised by the results of my web site so far. Traffic continues to pour in - and not all of it is from the SE's anymore, either. I never thought I would see the day when I considered a "slow day" (Saturdays) to be around 2000 unique visitors on the site with a bandwidth usage of around 450MB. Busy days on my site (M-W) tend to average around 3500-4000 unique visitors with a bandwidth usage of around 800MB or so.

So, for those of you down on affiliate marketing, try to change you attitude. It is a wonderful business to be in - and provides me with a freedom that can't be found in any other type of business - online or off.

Jim, congrats!

Congratulations Jim

It feels so good to meet your goal in a clean way is in it?

I wish you all the very best and more success for the future!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

ABW Ambassador
    Congrats Jim

I know i smile every morning when i here the alarm clock go off at 5:30 in the morning. I smile because i know it's for my girlfriend and i can go back to sleep till noon or whenever my body decides it's time

Definetly worth it to keep at it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:

I know i smile every morning when i here the alarm clock go off at 5:30 in the morning. I smile because i know it's for my girlfriend and i can go back to sleep till noon or whenever my body decides it's time

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here. I just brought a house with my girl and her alarm goes off at 5:30. I don't even hear the damn thing tho. She get's pissed sometimes that I don't have to go to work but hey... I tell her to start making sites all the time.

Animal Lover
    Jim,

You're an inspiration. Congratulations.

Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

Congrats Jim
    2 years sure went quick
    To your continued success

ABW Ambassador
    Heartfelt congratulations on achieving and surpassing your milestones

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Congrats!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Congratulations Jim...
    This is only the beginning, enjoy the ride...

I am very happy for you! Keep up the good work!

Congrats Jim

It is so good for a newbie to hear these stories.

I always seem to be just a litle too late for opportunities (or at leats think I am) and when you listen to some of the negativity here I keep thinking "is this am thing really going to be viable long term?"

I just started a couple of months ago but I still worry that I am "too late" again. But hearing everyones success stories help to keep me motivated and help to keep my focus away from the negative stuff.

Thanks for posting!!

Val
    "STILL way too lame at this."
    Valerie
    <a target="_blank" style="color: #22229C" href="http://www.thexsiteproexperiment.html">
    XSitePro - it has never been easier to create and manage money making sites</a>

Jim:

What an inspiration! I'm even more impressed that you're branching out and trying something new (the merchant site) after all your success. Hats off to you!

I agree with Karl, good job Jim and good luck with your new merchant site.

Bob

ABW Ambassador
    Congratulations Jim!

Your goals don't seem modest at all!!! I am very impressed by your success.

Best wishes.

Lily

ABW Ambassador
    Great Job Jim. Keep it up.

Jim,
    You rock dude! &lt;-- thats me acting younger than I am!

ABW Ambassador
    Jim, you're an inspiration for all of us.

Congrats!
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks everyone for the great encouragement. I like ABW so much - about the only place a guy in Montana can go to find people who actually understand what I do!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> It feels so good to meet your goal in a clean way is in it? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You bet it does. Far as I'm concerned - it is the ONLY way to go for success over the longer term.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I know i smile every morning when i here the alarm clock go off at 5:30 in the morning. I smile because i know it's for my girlfriend and i can go back to sleep till noon or whenever my body decides it's time <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's an alarm clock??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I always seem to be just a litle too late for opportunities (or at leats think I am) and when you listen to some of the negativity here I keep thinking "is this am thing really going to be viable long term?"

I just started a couple of months ago but I still worry that I am "too late" again. But hearing everyones success stories help to keep me motivated and help to keep my focus away from the negative stuff. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think you can ever be "too late" for affiliate marketing. There will always be space on the web for unique and/or quality sites. The only thing you risk by delaying entry into web publishing is the $$$ you could have made by diving right into it!!

Thanks again everyone for the wonderful encouragement.

congrats jim!! awesome

Keep on, keeping on Jim!

Congrats!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Affiliate Manager
    Congrats! You are a real success story-thanks for sharing!
    Jessica Hutson
    Senior Manager of Strategic Development

(IAN) Interactive Affiliate Network Representing:
    www.hotels.com
    www.travelnow.com
    www.vacationspot.com

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread