Today I went to check the avatars available to see if I get one but, they are no longer listed like before the last ABW upgrade.

So I decided to search around for avatars and I found where they're.

After viewing hundreds of avatars one at the time, I realized that after you hang around here for awhile, you can remember many ABW members name just by seeing a 32x32 graphic, no matter when was the last time you see a post from that member.

Now, I came to the conclusion that unless you put a real picture of yourself, people will remember you more by your avatar first than by your name and that can be good or bad, depending on what graphic you use and the way you behave sometimes, { I can give some examples here but, I am not that crazy yet.}

At the end of my journey I only found three avatars that I feel are the closest avatars that may look a bit like me, so I picked my second choice to see how it goes. I look ten years younger there but it looks like me.

-------------
    Edited to say:

I was informed that my 2nd choice was a bad choice so now you will see my 3rd choice of avatar and all I can say is that...... just look how mouch I aged in the last 2 hours... if that one fails too, then I will use my favorite #1 avatar untill I get to post my real picture.

ABW Ambassador
    With that avatar, don't be surprised if some folks address you as "Dave" once in a while.

Funny thing is, if somebody addresed HIM as Dave, he would invariably say "it's not Dave, it's [username]"

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Everyone thinks I am a fish

Never mind, I just made a search and find out what you meant so I am changing to my 3rd avatar option and if that one fails too, then I will use my favorite #1 avatar untill I get to post my real picture...just look how mouch I aged in the last 2 hours..

Thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    The only reason i have the avatar that i have is because i remember watching South Park and remember hearing all the characters were 8 years old. Since i'm 8 i thought it was fitting. Actually i'm pretty tired that all you adults think kids don't know how to work the computer. It's 2003, wake up

Trust,

I hope you got a sense of humor because when I was browsing the avatars directory I found an avatar of what your avatar is going to look five years from now........look......

http://www.abestweb.com/ubb/avatars/ned.gif

Now don't kill me before you get a second opinion.

Sal.

ABW Ambassador
    That's my uncle Ned, we've disowned him

ABW Ambassador
    This might sound stupid, but are their any copyright restrictions on avatars? Can I just grab whatever I want?
    I forgot what I was doing.

I don't think there should be any problem with using the avatars available here on ABW as long as they're used for your profile but, now that you mentioned, I wonder if it's ok now, before it was ok.

Well, I guess that unless Haiko say no, then I guess still is ok.

ABW Ambassador
    Where are you finding these on ABW? I searched google and found different sites with avatars, but I didn't want any copyright problems so I haven't gotten one yet. I've got three dots and no avatar. I've got three dots and not enough income coming in to have three dots. Ah well, I'm happy about my three dots and maybe I'll be making enough by the time I get to four dots.
    I forgot what I was doing.

Maybe I had an avatar overdose last night after viewing 100's of them but, the first one I used was not a good choice because it was used by someone else here before, the second one I use and I was going to leave under my name is ugly but, I dint care until now.......that I had to run in here and remove that picture.

About two hours ago, I went to sleep and then I don't know what happen, maybe I was dreaming, having a nightmare or an OBE (Out of Body Experience) but, this is what I remember:

As I getup to go to check my stats, I turn and see my wife in bed with that guy from my last avatar, I take a second look and I quickly try to jump in bed and beat the craps out of that man and as soon as I grab his neck I open my eyes and see on the ceiling mirror that my wife had just placed her hand on my shoulder.

That's it, it's over, I am no longer looking for an suitable avatar for my name again after what I just went through in the last few minutes.......and I hope that I don't see that face again on my dreams or in the street.

Now I will go back to try to sleep some hours and pray that my wife don't find out about this and # 148.gif

My wife lover

Sal.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Although I haven't worn a mask since, well, my honeymoon - - I'm pretty sure that's me under there.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

ABW Ambassador
    I can guarantee that my avatar looks nothing like me. The only time I've ever had an orange face and ears was after a rather unfortunate experience with self-tanning spray. However several people have mentioned how much my dog and I look alike. I'm never sure how to take that ....

http://www.abestweb.com/ubb/avatars/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bpal:
    Where are you finding these on ABW? I searched google and found different sites with avatars, but I didn't want any copyright problems so I haven't gotten one yet. I've got three dots and no avatar. I've got three dots and not enough income coming in to have three dots. Ah well, I'm happy about my three dots and maybe I'll be making enough by the time I get to four dots. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    www.joeytomatoes.com :: Day Care For Your Brain

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Sal:
    Today I went to check the avatars available to see if I get one but, they are no longer listed like before the last ABW upgrade.

So I decided to search around for avatars and I found where they're.

After viewing hundreds of avatars one at the time, I realized that after you hang around here for awhile, you can remember many ABW members name just by seeing a 32x32 graphic, no matter when was the last time you see a post from that member.

Now, I came to the conclusion that unless you put a real picture of yourself, people will remember you more by your avatar first than by your name and that can be good or bad, depending on what graphic you use and the way you behave sometimes, { I can give some examples here but, I am not that crazy yet.}

At the end of my journey I only found three avatars that I feel are the closest avatars that may look a bit like me, so I picked my second choice to see how it goes. I look ten years younger there but it looks like me.

-------------
    Edited to say:

I was informed that my 2nd choice was a bad choice so now you will see my 3rd choice of avatar and all I can say is that...... just look how mouch I aged in the last 2 hours... if that one fails too, then I will use my favorite #1 avatar untill I get to post my real picture. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Hi, if I searched for one that looked like me, it would be nero, or attila the hun
    jj

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread