I will be off swimming my dogs in yellville, Buffalo National River. (happily again)

I wish everyone a happy holiday!

http and a telephoto
    I will be packing for our trip to St Louis, still waiting to see if anyone wants to have dinner or lunch or a drink or spend the afternoon siteseeing
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Deborah,

If I weren’t doing the usual I would be site seeing with you!

http and a telephoto
    If I won the lottery I could hire you as a consultant and pay you to come with us!!!! LOL

But that's another thread.....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thanks Sandra, I hope you have a nice weekend. I hope everyone here can take a few minutes to have a break. We'll be going to a parade and memorial service.

Fred

I will be attending my daughter's high school commencement ceremony on Sunday..

On Monday I will be curled up in bed with my box of kleenex...

WOW Connie,

Congrats on doing a great job, your daughter graduating is the ultimate reward!

Remember she is not gone --- She will need you more now than those lonely TEEN years!

Graduating with Honors, in the top 15 of 169 students.
    Never had a day of trouble with her. She has turned into a very nice young lady.
    At least she will only be an hour away at Carleton College in the fall..I can visit often.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I will hopefully be getting rid of the last rements of the weekend garage sale we are having.

Holy cow I didn't realize how much stuff we had until we started putting it out there! We have been at it all week and the garage if FULL.

We have sporting goods section, tools section, toys, computer, movies, books, cd's, dishes, knick-knacks, kids clothes, bikes, outdoor toys and tons more.

I hope we get rid of most of it! We priced it to move so hopefully we will.

Connie - congrats on your daughters graduation!
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Connie Berg:
    I will be attending my daughter's high school commencement ceremony on Sunday..

On Monday I will be curled up in bed with my box of kleenex... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Crying??!! That strikes me as a really strange response. My mother was ecstatic that I tolerated going to sch**l long enough to get that piece of paper, LOL!!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Leader, I think we see a pattern with you..you didn't like school, we can't mention the "J" word...seems to me you have a problem with structured activities..Guess you fit in quite well with affiliate marketing!

My daughter loves school, she would be a professional student if she could. I will miss those late night movies, having company while I am up all night w@r*king...
    She has truly been a joy and I shall miss her when she goes off to college.

Now my 10 year old son..that is a different story. I am thinking boarding school..

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Our weather report indicates that we're going to have a gorgeous weekend. It's been pouring here for over a week, so I'm really looking forward to some sunshine. Hubby has to work Sat. and Sun. so I'll be in the garden weeding and transplanting.

But I'm really looking forward to Tuesday when I'm meeting my best friend at the annual Country Curtains sale in Stockbridge, Mass. Anybody want anything? I'm taking orders!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    For Memorial Day we'll have a cookout as usual, unless it rains... As for the weekend, nothing special. More chillin'...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I will miss those late night movies, having company while I am up all night w@r*king...
    She has truly been a joy and I shall miss her when she goes off to college. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can understand THAT part.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Leader, I think we see a pattern with you..you didn't like school, we can't mention the "J" word...seems to me you have a problem with structured activities.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's a fundamental thing which causes this reaction. It stems from a unique event which totally changed my world view!

In 8th Grade, I had a hip operation, and I was able to stay home from school for 2 months for "recovery." (It took about 2 *weeks* to get back on my feet, despite it being 8 weeks for the doc to say I was officially healed.) And, my mother had to work. That left ME to decide how to spend 100% of my time during those hours (with the exception of the 4 hours, 2x/week that the district's "home teacher" came over).

So during that time, I got to see what it was like to have NO PUTZES (or anyone else for that matter) making up ANY rules! In other words, I got to see what it's like to be ALIVE! Not just living, but truly ALIVE! Totally in charge of myself!!! AND to top it all off I got to see the other people going to their jobs and their schools, totally ignorant of being able to choose for themselves what to do, when to do it, and how to do it. It was so WONDERFUL to watch, and know it wasn't me. Not me on that bus!!!

Also I saw one very important fact. Nothing crashed when the baloney was removed from my life. Quality of life did NOT deteriorate without rigid structure, like the school-people had claimed it would, and the other students blindly believed! Rather, it IMPROVED, and greatly. VERY greatly. And, the official premise of the school itself was BS, too. I learned more from the home-teacher during those 4 hour sessions, 2x/week, than I did during 6-hour days 5 days/week.

That bankrupted the entire premise behind structured activities. I had seen that it was all BS with my own eyes!

Putting up with nonsense was all over. The already not-so-round peg had been completely squared and all further attempts to jam it into the round hole were futile.

I actually knew then--consciously--that j*bs (and more school) would never go over. The last 4 years of school was like trying to drive somewhere on four flat tires. I made it, but it was certainly harder!

For the record, I amazingly did NOT end up getting into any trouble with the law despite that lack of supervision. I thought vandalism was stupid, and I wasn't inclined to shoplift (I was friends with all the store people), and there wasn't much else truly bad to get into at that age in Commerce Twp. during those years...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Sandra,
    I will be doing the same thing you are.
    I have a Golden Retriever (Jake). My friend opens his pool up for the season every year on Memorial Day weekend.

Have a good Holiday everyone.

Bob

Bob

ABW Ambassador
    Bike riding, since we seem to be having a rare weekend without rain.

Was looking forward to opening the summer cabin & doing a little fishing this weekend. It's a bit chilly though, in the 40's now & 29 last night. A little chilly, even for this area. May wait until next week to head out there.

Wayne

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread