Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Not as an affiliate but as an actual member of Netflix. How do you like them? Was thinking of joining. Thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    My daughter joined their program and she loves it. You give them a list of movies, they send you out three from the list. As you send them back (post free), they will send you out more from your list.

If you join, please go through my link so I can make $25 Azoogle pays the best, $25 a pop. Anyway, here is a tip. Join, then go to quit... and they will offer you a lower rate to stay... ( they did recently anyway) It is a great service as long as you don't need customer service. If you do, you are in trouble. The shipping centers are located across the country, so here in VA, I got my movies overnight. Highly recommended IF you remember to send thsoe movies back as you view them AND you watch lots of movies.

Trust I have been a member for two years and Netflix is the best. I used to be with Blockbusters but they buster my wallet. I switched to Netflix and was getting up to 12 - 16 movies a month without a hitch. And best of all no late fees and no hassle when a movie was around for two weeks. Everything is online and automatic. Great program.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

TrustNo1 Netflix is great I used to me a member But I don't watch dvds that much anymore. Actually I think I might become a member again soon.

ABW Ambassador
    I LOVE Netflix. They are awesome. I just went up to their 5 movies at a time plan.

neflix is great if you

1) get hit with lots of late return fees
    or
    2) watch 2-3 movies a week

We fall into #2. 12 movies month for (soon to be) $22 is a bargain, saving time and money. Man, do I NOT miss going to the video store to see what drek is left in stock.

ABW Ambassador
    Cool, think i'll sign up then, looks like a great program

ABW Ambassador
    I have to agree with what other people are saying, while early on depending where you lived the delay in sending and getting back could be long, for me now it is now a single day transaction so we really get our money's worth.

Chet

I have to agree that its great as well. One time the post office crushed one of the DVD's and I just used their web based customer service to find out how to return it and I did so and never heard a peep from them about it- they just sent me a new one right away!
    Lizabeth Sorensen
    Affiliate Program Consultant
    lizATemerchantconsultingDOTCOM
    www.emerchantconsulting.com
    518-233-7431 EST.

good service... i never used it enough, so i canceled.

ABW Ambassador
    Joined last nite and they tracked just fine too.
    I will keep the postman busy I like the whole que thing, very easy to use. It said available for shipment today, so we'll see how long it takes, should be Thursday at the latest, i think they have a center not too far away so maybe tomorrow.

Yeah, someone needs to do a similar biz model for CD's. 5-10 at a time.

Netflix is awesome. I get my movies the day after they ship. If you time it right, you can get new releases the day after they are out. If you rent movies, this is the way to go. I used to easily pay more in late fees than my current NetFlix membership and I'm a five movie member.

Netflix is really great. They have it down to a 1-2 day delivery time now. About a year ago they added distribution centers all over the country to speed things up and instead of putting movies back in their spot when they came in, they check now to see if someone wants it and ship it right back out. Occasionally they send out emails asking when you received a movie, so they can do their own tracking. Much better than going to the video store.

Someone should also do the same thing with video games.

Affiliate Manager
    I have been with Netflix for about 4 or 5 years or so. I have only had 1 problem where a DVD didn't make it back to them and they said "no problem" and took care of it. I have seen statistics where the average movie rental at a video store ends up costing about $7 or so with all the late fees. For only $22 a month Netflix is well worth it. I usually get my movies 2 days or so after I send them in.

>>Someone should also do the same thing with video games

http://www.gamefly.com does this with games. I haven't used them or heard anything about them though.
    Joe Sousa
    <a href="http://www.whatdoesjoethink.com">What Does Joe Think</a>
    Affiliate Coordinator
    <a href="http://www.fanatics.com">Fanatics.com</a>

ABW Ambassador
    Just got my first movies today. Sent out Monday arrived today

ABW Ambassador
    -old thread bump-

Well I've been a member for 2 1/2 years now and they're great. I'm on the $17.99 plan, 3 movies at a time and when I get them usually watch them in a day or 2 so I average about 12 movies a month. Not they're coming out with the Watch Now (rolling out next 5 months or so) where you can watch movies and shows on your computer. If you're in the $17.99 plan, you can watch 18 hours free on your computer plus the regular rentals as usual. Free hours = monthly plan amount.

Just wondering if anybody has it currently? Some people are getting it early. If you have it, there will be a Watch Now tab on the top. I'm thinking I need to get a new monitor, which I need anyway or figure out how to get it to play on my TV. Can read about it here:

http://www.netflix.com/MediaCenter?id=5384

Affiliate Manager
    How is their selection these days? I was a member but cancelled because they didn't have much to choose from. But that was long ago in a galaxy far, far away.

I love it, but sometimes the selection is slim. The best part is it frees me up from having to run back and forth to the video store. I just add a ton of movies to my list and I am good to go. I like that you can save movies that are coming soon too, that way I don't have to check back so much.
    Apparently the Netflix center in Houston is real close to me and turnaround time on sending/receiving is phenomenal!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Chet_B
    How is their selection these days? I was a member but cancelled because they didn't have much to choose from. But that was long ago in a galaxy far, far away.
    It says they have over 70,000 titles.

Yeah, turnaround is fast for me too. Put 3 movies in the mail Saturday and just got emails that they have them and will be sending out new ones today. I usually get them next day.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    We loooooove NetFlix! They have a huge selection and some of the stuff we've requested is impossible to get locally. So far I've only requested two movies they've been unable to get, both foreign films, one is a 30+ year old feature length animation. I'd say that's a pretty good track record.

My only complaint is that I signed up under my own affiliate ID and it didn't track.

We started watching "24" on Netflix DVD's, and are in the 3rd year. Man that's addictive! We have never watched it on live TV.

We signed up for Blockbuster last week. The one advantage they have over Netflix is that you get one free in-store rental per month plus if you return your online rentals in-store you can get a free in-store rental for each one. We'll probably drop down to the "1 at a time, unlimited" plan ($9.99/month) or "1 at a time, 2 or 3 per month" ($5.99/month or $7.99/month) after the introductory month is over. With the free in-store rentals, that'll give us more than we have time to watch.

At the same time, we dropped our Dish plan down to just the cheapest option (and we will drop it completely when I build my own DVR). We're saving over $30 per month by doing that, and the selection of movies is far better than we were getting through Dish.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    We love netflix as well. Never had a problem with the selection. They have a lot of smaller indie films that we just can't get around here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast