ABW Ambassador
    We're a week away from halfway there! Should I start preparing now?
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

ABW Ambassador
    You mean you haven't already started preparing?

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah but start with craft supplies and stuff like that.

People buy the stuff they are going to make before they buythe stuff they are going to give.

ABW Ambassador
    I haven't started.

"start with craft supplies and stuff like that." It gets me thinking. Thanks!
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

I usually start in July or August, but it seems to be taking forever to get things indexed this year, so it's probably time -- or past time.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    That's a really good tip, Chief! Muchos!

I usually start preparing for a holiday by checking my old links, deleting or replacing the ones that are broken, and snooping around for whatever I guess might be "hot." But I sure don't start six months ahead of time. I take care of Halloween in August, Thanksgiving in September and Christmas in October. I think it pays to have "fresh" pages in Google for indexing purposes. Too early and you're not fresh; too late and you don't make the dance in time. Anybody have a system for doing this?

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rhea:
    I take care of Halloween in August, Thanksgiving in September and Christmas in October. I think it pays to have "fresh" pages in Google for indexing purposes. Too early and you're not fresh; too late and you don't make the dance in time. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That looks awesome.

I just had an idea for a halloween site, but I have a community that needs building.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rhea:
    That's a really good tip, Chief! Muchos!

I usually start preparing for a holiday by checking my old links, deleting or replacing the ones that are broken, and snooping around for whatever I guess might be "hot." But I sure don't start six months ahead of time. I take care of Halloween in August, Thanksgiving in September and Christmas in October. I think it pays to have "fresh" pages in Google for indexing purposes. Too early and you're not fresh; too late and you don't make the dance in time. Anybody have a system for doing this? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That system is about like mine. But this year I think I'll bump the Christmas Update up to September. I was a bit slow last year and had some of the pages appear in January.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I was a bit slow last year and had some of the pages appear in January. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had new stuff up nice and early but I forgot to link out to it, so January for me too.

Lack of sleep has a way of making even the most astute bumble a project that is otherwise handled in an efficient manner.

Wow. I started really digging for christmas about a month ago. and I'm still working on it. So if you don't see me on abw as much you know why!

http and a telephoto
    Merchants should already have a holiday plan in place, anyone selling wholesale should be offering crafts and christmas items already. I am getting all my sites in shape and up for spidering, and my own product sites will have wholesale links by next week and I hope to have a line of Christmas cards that can be personalized up for spidering by late next week also.

No, it is not too early and October is WAAAYYY to late for new products.

If you are spiffing existing sites it may be different, but new sites need to be up NOW. In my opinion!!!!!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    Was getting ready for this Christmas, Jan 2.

I'm on Trusty's timetable.

The earlier you can prepare for christmas, the better. Last year I added my christmas site late in the year and the google crawl skipped my site altogether (which I learned later happens every once in a while).

I missed out on the christmas season and learned to start early from now on, so that my new sites go through several crawls before christmas arrives.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I'll be doing Halloween this month, then I will start working on Christmas.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread