Hey y'all,

in my scant free time, I'm trying to build a photography site. The ultimate goal, a long way off, is to sell my own work from there, but in the mean time i'm looking to do a little affiliate marketing while i build my portfolio etc.

so...i've heard TigerDirect is about the only wortwhile merchant when it comes to Cameras, but does anyone else have opinions on this area? I'm looking to offer digital cameras and associated equipment, such as tripods, cases, memory cards, etc.

any and all ideas are welcome

-rachel

Hi Rachel,

I'd rather suggest that you look at amazon via the www.c3scripts.com script ( I can show you a camera niche specfic sample site ) and I'd also suggest that you look at the www.shutterfly.com for your image sales as well as affiliate program.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Thanks Haiko,

I used to be a member with OFoto for purchasing prints just for myself and family members. Is shutterfly a better provider for print services? Do they offer anything different?

-Rachel

http and a telephoto
    Does Shutterfly let you set your own prices now? They didn't last time I looked, which was a while ago.

DotPhoto lets you set your own prices, but I haven't made any sales through them.

For selling your own Framed Prints and 3 sizes of posters, try Cafe Press
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Loxly -

Do you earn quite a bit from your cafeshops? I am thinking of designing a few things for a couple of sites that I have. What % of your monthly earnings are from cafepress?

Also I searched the site for the affiliate program that they might launch but couldn't find it. Where should I look?

Thanks

http and a telephoto
    The affiliate program hasn't launched and they aren't giving out any details.

My sales are seasonal, I expect a very good 4th quarter. Probably 5-10% of my income is from Cafe Press, but it fluctuates wildly They are currently upgrading the site and doing a lot of stuff to make it more attractive to shoppers and to bring shoppers in.

Whether you will make sales depends a lot on your images, your marketing and your target audience, just like anything else. Some people make there entire living off their CP stores, others make a couple of sales a year.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thanks so much! Hopefully I will be somewhere in the middle in terms of selling

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread