Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    No one won the Mega Millions Lottery last night and it is now up to $280,000,000. Following up from the other thread as to would we keep doing what we do if we won, I have decided NOOO WAYYY!!! Can anyone imagine winning that amt of money, or at least dream about it??? I invested $20.00 last night. Just curious if anyone here is playing it? BTW I did win $10.00 Ummm, or should I say I only lost $10.00. What would you all do with that kind of money. Figure after the lump sum payout and taxes it would probably be close to 100 million Good Luck to those of you who play it
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

I'd tell my wife she could cut down to part-time, while I work on my golf game and get ready for the senior tour in 10 years!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'd tell my wife she could cut down to part-time <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm playing although I think it would be scary to win that much $$$.

- - -

CDC
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do...

Well if I won that it would change my life big time. For a start
    1/ I would tell Pauline to cut back to part time work then I could get fed at a reasonable hour.
    2/ I would employ someone to write lots of php scripts for me so I could get my sites to do what I really want them to do.
    3/ I would buy two new top of the line computers one for Pauline (God I'm good to that woman) so she can troll the music sites that she loves and pick up every parasite going and one for me that anyone but me caught using it is put to death.
    4/ I would have a daily delivery of a few pints of cold draught guiness ............. oh I nearly forgot and a lemonade for Pauline
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

You mean you do this for the money? I thought it was just some sick addicition. We have a lotto pot here at work.. I don't want to win that much money all by myself.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Gordo if you won thta Mega Million lottory you could do all the above plus...buy XXX parasiteware t-shirts for everyone in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and make them manditory office wear in your city.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Spencer, <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'd tell my wife she could cut down to part-time, while I work on my golf game and get ready for the senior tour in 10 years! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You could always hire her as your caddy

Gordon, I hope Pauline appreciates how good she has it and how good you treat her

Mike, I will donate all my sites to you if I win. You are the only one whose sites are uglier than mine so it would be a slight improvement Well maybe if our sites were put up for a vote it would be close

Jane, I'm with Spencer. My full time addiction would probably be golfing. Hmmm, I would probably own a golf course come to think of it Spencer, you get a lifetime membership when I win
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    I made my $15 deposit to the NY lottery. A dollar and a dream!

ABW Ambassador
    Serious answer: I would buy a huge farm and erect a brewery on it.

I would brew like it was 1899: local grains, local labor, local water, local recipes. Limit distribution to 150 miles from the brewery.

Then executive produce another sequel to "Smokey and the Bandit", where they have to smuggle 400 cases of my beer from Nebraska to Atlanta for a party.
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

ABW Ambassador
    I just want to thank you all for donating to my prize.....I bought Friday's winning ticket earlier this morning. I'd actually like to see it reach 300 mill, so if you could go back and buy a few more tickets each, I'd appreciate it.

I would make my family and I happy, then I would try to make everyone I could happy.

Having said that, I would not play the lottery as is with the odds at an all-time high.

Heck, I get enough of a thrill gambling on the affiliate business every day.

Fred

I would build a Pagan/Wiccan community center in several large cities. Then, I would be broke again.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

http and a telephoto
    Well, I will make my donation to the pot later today. Anyone that doesn't play a buck on it is missing out on the fun of dreaming for a day or two.

The odds are ALWAYS against winning, but the CHANCE remains...... Just like your dreams. They probably won't come true, but the chance remains....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

buy a ticket for me.

use the numbers

5 - 8 - 11- 22- 30- 42

Let me know where to pick up the check
    Getting There Is Half The Fun! Staying There Is Half The Battle!

my wife threw $10 at it last night.... good thing I didn't spend any of it.

I can only say I wouldn't be going to work the next day if I did win......I expect that I wouldn't stop working my web sites either...

: )

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    After I put up my huge mega manor and staffed it, I should still have plenty left over to invest in pet projects.

I'm sure I'd invest a lot on anti-aging research. I think it's a huge ripoff, a travesty, that the body starts to break down with old age no matter how "healthy" a person tries to live, and I would invest heavily to come up with a way to jam that effect.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> would we keep doing what we do if we won, I have decided NOOO WAYYY!!! ~DaPackster <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This beats a j*b by 10,000 miles.

But winning the Mega Millions beats it all by a million miles!

The business side of me wouldn't let the sites just close. They'd be properly sold to the highest bidder. Except I'd keep the one with my name in it. No more updates on it, though! It would become "archival."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I would build a Pagan/Wiccan community center in several large cities. Then, I would be broke again. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not how to do it. That kind of money should never run out, ever.

Establish a foundation or a trust fund. Then, have the foundation make investments. Use the money from the investments for the foundation's projects. But never touch the principal! That way, the money will never run out unless there's some huge disaster that wipes out all the investments.

Make sure you're one of the officers at the foundation, and give yourself a suitable salary from the foundation's payroll.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I think it's a huge ripoff, a travesty, that the body starts to break down with old age no matter how "healthy" a person tries to live, and I would invest heavily to come up with a way to jam that effect.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well this aging crap is for the birds for sure, but I have fiqured out why it has to happen. If you had the body of a 20 year old when you were 90 it would be too hard to die. You must slowly wear out so you will be ready when the time comes. Would living forever be a curse? Would you eventually get bored to death?

http and a telephoto
    UPDATE: Mega Millions Jackpot is $290 Million. Find a friend in one of the 11 states and buy a piece of a dream for a few hours

LOL, if no one wins there may be mass chaos....

Drawing is at 11ish pm EST.
    Deborah Carney

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Aging?

Lemme tell ya, the first thing to go is your feet. Vision and hearing close behind. I hope Deb wins! I'd probably fritter the money away on research on the mitochondrial DNA of the anomuran crustaceans. (No kidding.)

http and a telephoto
    LOL, thanks for the good karma Rhea!! Now everybody chant....
    Deborah Carney

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    &gt;&gt;Well this aging crap is for the birds for sure, but I have fiqured out why it has to happen. If you had the body of a 20 year old when you were 90 it would be too hard to die.

When I said I wanted to combat aging, THAT INCLUDES doing away with that "dying" crap that's currently at the end of it!

&gt;&gt;You must slowly wear out so you will be ready when the time comes.

The "time" won't ever come, at least not naturally, if my research is successful!

&gt;&gt;Would living forever be a curse? Would you eventually get bored to death?

The only way to find out would be to try it!

If it gets all that bad, there's always those Kevorkian types...

And of course, nobody would *have* to negate their aging process if they didn't want to.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Hey Deb, you're welcome! But if you do win, couldja spare a million for that research I mentioned? Carcinologists everywhere would worship you!

http and a telephoto
    Don't worry, if lightning strikes and I were to be the lucky one tonight, the economy would get a boost, researchers in several fields would be happy, and I would be producing 2 movies.

I'm not selfish, I would not be keeping it all to myself
    Deborah Carney

I contributed my five bucks to the pool, so hopefully someone will be very happy this evening. Only a few minutes left to go before the drawing...

http and a telephoto
    I didn't even win a free ticket Have to wait until morning to see if anyone at all won.

My guess is $350 mil if it rolls again.
    Deborah Carney

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast