Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Where to start?

I don't miss...

Racing around in the morning getting ready and arriving at work to find I a) put eye makeup on one eye and not the other, b) my blouse is navy but my pants are black, c) my shoes/socks/earrings are mismatched.

Being put on hold...by someone who called ME!

Endless meetings where a manager droned on and on in an attempt to motivate staff.

Co-workers in the next cube who have shouting matches with their SO on the phone. (Hi Tracy!)

Co-workers who return from lunch drunk and decide to entertain everyone for the rest of the day. (Hi Jennifer!)

Co-workers who sneak out early and ask you to cover for them. (Too many to mention.)

Bosses whose egos are out of control. (Hi Gordon!)

Supervisors who are terrified of the boss whose ego is out of control. (Hi Steve!)

Co-workers with emotional problems who expect everyone to sit for hours on end listening to their troubles. (Hi Dori!)

Traffic jams on Friday afternoons in the summer.

But here's a shout-out to Fred, the best damn boss I ever had. Too bad there aren't more like him.

My screen name here as well as my site are my response to all those issues and more!

Congrats to all you affiliates that have broken free and done something about helping yourselves through affiliate marketing. Fantastic stuff... I always get inspired reading about everyone here!

LOL I've enjoyed nearly a year living from savings, feeding the squirrels in the park, reading good books, listening to good music, going for long walks at sunrise or sunset...oh yes, and building websites in between...
    Tomorrow I have a job interview LOL... wish me luck, it'll give me an income to invest in better websites...

(Former Disgruntled Employee Who Is Now A More Balanced Person Due To Letting Go Of Baggage From The Past And Of Limiting Feelings And Emotions...)

(Of course, after six weeks in employment I'll probably regress to my old state of wanting to kill 99% of the population of the planet...)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Tomorrow I have a job interview LOL... wish me luck, it'll give me an income to invest in better websites... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Radegast: Seriously, best of luck. I hope the job comes through, turns out better than expected and allows the resources to build the sites that will make you self-employed!

Rhea: I'm glad it's working out for you! I'm in the minority here in that I happen to love my job and try not to be the type of boss most people describe here.

Thank you Karl!
    I have the required skill set and speak a language they need, so unless I shoot myself in the foot I should land this job.
    It's difficult for people to read my sense of humour sometimes - I have been seriously 'releasing', and I think it'll help me handle employment better in the future...
    As for releasing, I recommend it - I use the Sedona Method - it's powerful and elegant and disarmingly simple - compatible with all faiths and belief systems (or none) - they even have an affiliate program on CJ LOL.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Philly, I've only had one job that I loved, and that was when I was working for Fred. The job was great, Fred was great, and even though there were a few things I wasn't crazy about, I enjoyed being at work. If I could get a job like that again I'd return to the workplace happily. But it ain't gonna happen so I'd rather stay at home where, like Radegast, I'm not likely to suddenly go postal. (No offense, Wayne.)

I bet you're a great boss Philly. Unfortunately I can't make the commute or I'd send you my resume.

I love my old job...

I don' miss the minimum pay!

I dont miss getting ready to work!

I love the flexibility of working (AM) and taking a break when ever I want! (have to read ABW you know! )

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

ABW Ambassador
    This is a fun thread - I must add my two sense and mention the thing I DON'T MISS about having a job.

I don't miss being overworked and underpaid.

I don't miss not being able to buy the things that I would have never been able to buy in 10 years that with affiliate marketing - I was able to buy in 10 months.

I don't miss people overstepping me for promotions.

I don't miss people thinking I'd never get too far because I didn't possess a degree and was a single parent. (Did I mention I love the new house and Benz.)

I don't miss having Screaming matches with my SO while my nebby co-workers listened in the next Cubical (Rhea - Yes, I'm guilty of that one too.) LOL!!

I don't miss having to pick out work clothes day after day after day. Now I just work in my PJ's if I please. LOL!!

Heck best of all - I don't miss calling off cause now if I don't wanna work I don't have ta work. No more making up excuses and putting on the sick voice in the morning. That never worked to well. They probably always knew I was lying. LOL!!

Hi JadaKiss! You were an inspiration to me back when I was making next to nothing from the Internet. It's been a long time since I had to make up an excuse or use a sick voice to get time off but I really hated that - don't miss it a bit.

I don't miss the rush hour traffic, office politics, office soap operas or managers who have lost touch with reality.

Ray

Note on that last one: The business I quit closed it doors 5 months after I left - got out just in time.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    - - - - - -
    I don't miss people overstepping me for promotions.
    - - - - - -

Or, similarly, relatives stabbing you in the back in the family business.....
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Well I enjoy my job, mostly because through it I interact with successful self-employed people like you guys out there, living the american dream that I will eventually obtain. I'm learning a solid skillset being involved with my company, My bosses are excellent and generous for the most part but my ultimate goal is to be self-employed, to run my own HONEST profitable business and build solid trustworthy relationships with people. This forum is a great way to begin that venture. Thanks to all of you who have been giving me advice and I hope to be working in my PJ's very soon...

Matt

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread