This is miserable. I couldn't sleep last night so I kept getting up and working on my sites. Now it's 8:15 am and a beautiful day is starting. I'm so tired I can hardly see. I don't want to sleep the day away.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Got antishistamines? The old-fashioned kind that *do* make you drowsy? Next time you can't sleep pop one of those babies. Or you could do visualization techniques while lying in bed, rather than fretting because you can't fall asleep.

Take a short nap, enjoy the rest of your day, and try to get back on track with your sleep schedule tonight. Just don't try to operate any heavy equipment today, okay?

(I suspect that as a group we have really horrible sleep hygiene.)

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I usually don't work on anything after 10PM for that reason - get too wired up.

If you don't want to get into meds, try this: Frosted White Cake and Ice Cream - cake should have butter cream icing, not whipped - this works better for me than just about anything. Too much use may result in efforts at weight loss however!
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I have this boring historical novel that I hate, it's just awful. When I can't sleep, I force myself to try and read it, that makes me sleepy in a wink.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Unisom is da bomb! Remember that next time you can't sleep.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    When sleep just doesn't happen I work on client pages and post rants at ABW.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Ah-ha! See if you don't like Mikes rantings just send him some Ambien!

Hey Heyder,

I am right there with ya. Last couple of nights have been tough. Tylenol PM works grest for me pop 2 and before I know what happened it's morning.

Spider Man

Sing a song in your head. Pick a song that you know every word to and try to sing it from start to finish.
    I've finished a song only once but I was out like a light before the chorus of the second one.
    I’m not one for Rx solutions but my wife swears by Unisom.

CDC
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do...

ABW Ambassador
    I need to try some Unisom.

ABW Ambassador

I've been a Night Owl trapped in a daytime world all my life.

I haven't found anything that works to change my sleep habits. Even the U.S. Army couldn't change me!

RadarCat
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

Bloody hell you Americans you got drugs on the brain...tsk tsk tsk, what happened to a good old fashioned half bottle of whiskey or a few pints of Guiness? If that don't put yer to sleep nowt will....and it tastes better than tablets
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Yuk! I didn't sleep last night
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Night sleeping is for empl*yees. Repeat this meditation: "I am free now, I can sleep when my body really wants to. I am free now, I can sleep when my body really wants to. I am free now, I can sleep when my body really wants to. I am free now..."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I don't want to sleep the day away. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go out into the sun before you go to sleep!

I'm not joking as much as that sounds...I've done that many times. Morning is a great thing to see before going to bed. Nice dewy grass, flowers aglow...peasants hustling to w*rk while I sit and watch

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RadarCat:

I've been a Night Owl trapped in a daytime world all my life.

I haven't found anything that works to change my sleep habits. Even the U.S. Army couldn't change me!

RadarCat
    http://www.os2warplinks.com <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto, except I haven't been in the Army.

First I went to night j*bs only...but then I solved the so-called "problem" permanantly by just foregoing j*bs altogether!

Amazing how great it feels, to sleep when I want, and get up when I want, and as for the fact that that's usually 12 hours different from 90% of the people--OH WELL! Occasionally some fluke happens and I'm up in the day, but it's wonderful to not have to be up at any particular time.

I'm grateful for this business--and for stores that never close, whether they're online or offline. Fortunately there's a full store right near me that's open 24/7, that has everything from groceries to hardware.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> (I suspect that as a group we have really horrible sleep hygiene.)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's only horrible if you try to stay up at night AND during the day.

If a 24/7 awakeness starts trying to crop up, I second your suggestion of antihistimines.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

My vote is for Unisom (1/2 tablet) is usually enough for me. Feel much better in the morning than with wiskey or beer too.

John

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Atarax, a prescription antihistamine. My allergist described it to me as, "possibly the safest prescription medication available." It's great if you have allergies and it also has a sedative effect.

I also use self-hypnosis to help me sleep on bad nights. Get in bed, get comfy, close your eyes, and visualize something simple, abstract and repetitive.

Can't sleep? Are you kidding? I have a 6 1/2 year old and a 2 1/2 year old. I can fall asleep anywhere, anytime. I used to have insomnia. Kids have proven to be the perfect all-natural cure.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Can't sleep? Are you kidding? I have a 6 1/2 year old and a 2 1/2 year old. I can fall asleep anywhere, anytime. I used to have insomnia. Kids have proven to be the perfect all-natural cure. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine are a bit older Karl,almost 11 and 8 same scenario, but you are well aware it doesn't work around your schedule, it's theirs only!!!!!

LOL at the comments sleep when they want

Think they must be all the single childless ones
    Flame away HA HA
    ( no offense meant, just reality)

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread