Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This year is the first year that affiliate marketing will allow me to buy a really good birthday present for my husband. He'd die if he knew I wanted to spend so much on a birthday present but he is just such an awesome guy and puts up with me AND all my time on the computer!

I need ideas - what is a really cool gadget that he would love to have? I can spend about $1000.00. (He's not so much into music but more computer stuff.)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

age range?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    If he likes gadgets/computer stuff maybe something here:
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/

late 30's

-Christopher Morley

Have you thought high end remote control car, airplane or boat? Baseball and I were futzing around one day and decided to go to toysrus and bought two R/C cars ($50ea) an then after getting the bug and demolishing them in an all out demolition derby type event, I decided to go Nitro. Sure enough after some research I found one that was 4WD and could go 73 mph! We were excited! We also ended up buying two really reliable electric cars and six different bodies and light kits to run with in front of the house. So I can almost recommend either a car, plane or boat - based on your geographic locality and what he likes. I can almost guarantee that he'd love it, I know I do.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

I vote for the RC stuff. I am trying to talk Linda into getting me a nice RC boat or plane. I already have a decent rc car, but my area is not good for driving it at.

Chris
    Recycled Talent - Architects of custom scripts and snippets, perfectly written to suit any need. We stay on top of the latest technology so you don't have to.
    Total Stupidity - Shining light on stupid things.

Chris,

Ask Linda to get you This, 3 foot and 35Mph ... I'm savin up for this baby.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Yep those hopped up RC cars and boats are addictive. Thankfully we have kids and grandkids who we can dispatch to fetch the losers in the head to head battles.

Smart move Haiko to just by-pass the headache of buying one online from any of the available RC merchant links. Not seeing the sale show up is an instant bummer.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Amazing you'd choose that Miss Bud hydroplane for your wishlist Haiko. My sisters owns a Hobby/Toy shop and she got one and gave it to my brother Pat and his 2 older boys 2 weeks ago just in time for the Detroit River ThunderFest Races. We docked his big boat at Sinbad's, 200 yards from the bottom course turn, and played with RC boats while drinking like Pirates. My sunburn from the 3 day outing is finally subsiding....but Charlie misses the crowds as his Cage & perch was right on the poopdeck.

Only thing that stops that RC Miss Bud is clumps of seaweed. We rigged it up with a shot holder and sent it over to some 63 foot monster SeaRay parked across the canal filled full of partying Hotties.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    Amazing you'd choose that Miss Bud hydroplane for your wishlist Haiko. My sisters owns a Hobby/Toy shop and she got one and gave it to my brother Pat and his 2 older boys 2 weeks ago just in time for the Detroit River ThunderFest Races. We docked his big boat at Sinbad's, 200 yards from the bottom course turn, and played with RC boats while drinking like Pirates. My sunburn from the 3 day outing is finally subsiding....but Charlie misses the crowds as his Cage & perch was right on the poopdeck.

Only thing that stops that RC Miss Bud is clumps of seaweed. We rigged it up with a shot holder and sent it over to some 63 foot monster SeaRay parked across the canal filled full of partying Hotties. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Remotes are great,we have some planes,and boats,bought my grand daughter a remote sports car, and I think she sleeps with it,graet fun, even Einstein read comic books to relax, sounds great to me.
    JJ

I am glad I came here to ask because I would NEVER have thought of this idea.

I'm still thinking...really? you all like this kind of thing?

Us women are sooo much easier to buy for.

-Christopher Morley

Gotta admit Haiko, that's pretty cool. I would want my wife to buy me that

Fred

RC cars are tons of fun. If you are a noob in r/c, I'd suggest you stick with the electric powered ones. Nitro can be stressing for newcomers, you might end up losing the interest in the hobby.

try rc10.com (U.S. made r/c cars - their products are good, parts are available almost everywhere - even in jerkwater towns - their r/c cars are at world championship level).

Haiko, all I can say to that is SWEET!!!!! I'll try and work on her and see what comes out of it.

Chris
    Recycled Talent - Architects of custom scripts and snippets, perfectly written to suit any need. We stay on top of the latest technology so you don't have to.
    Total Stupidity - Shining light on stupid things.

Affiliate Manager
    I just got this for my birthday- and it has impressed all the tech geeks in the office-

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...onics&n=507846

Garmin iQue 3600 Bundle (iQue 3600 with Automotive Friction Mount)
    Jessica Hutson
    Senior Manager of Strategic Development

(IAN) Interactive Affiliate Network Representing:
    www.hotels.com
    www.travelnow.com
    www.vacationspot.com

I got mine a R/C helo for his birthday, and he loves it!

RC Cars are definintely cool...I went to RCX (a RC convention) recently (for work) and got completely hooked on the cars.

The Apple Mini iPOD is about the hottest electronics toy/gadget out there right now...and very cool.

Or you could go with a Auto Navigation System (GPS) with turn by turn directions if your Husband is the type of guy that gets lost easily and then refuses to ask for directions...Magellan Roadmate 700 is right about in your above budget.

an LCD TV is also in your budget from what you said above. you could get a 20" 4:3 format or a 17" 16:9 format

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zimmy:
    Us women are sooo much easier to buy for. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Riiiggghhht. You just keep telling yourself that.
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

http://www.traxxas.com/ makes some of the best IMO.. easy to repair or build or just buy the prebuilt kits. Check out the videos http://www.traxxas.com/products/vide...ideo_vault.htm

http://www.towerhobbies.com/ is a good place to buy from, wish they had an affiliate program

These kits are not kids toys, they are fully repairable or can be modified with better shocks, faster motors or engines, different tires, etc. Not to mention they are quite large and fast.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Canadian eh:
    http://www.traxxas.com/ makes some of the best IMO.. easy to repair or build or just buy the prebuilt kits. Check out the videos http://www.traxxas.com/products/vide...ideo_vault.htm

http://www.towerhobbies.com/ is a good place to buy from, wish they had an affiliate program

These kits are not kids toys, they are fully repairable or can be modified with better shocks, faster motors or engines, different tires, etc. Not to mention they are quite large and fast. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Us women are easy to by for, never met my wife,clothes were always the wrong color, or a little tight, perfumes all smell different (something about body oils),jewelry didn't match, so I bought her a train set, she loves it,and spends a little each year, to add to it, and being creative, makes villages and scenes for the kids to come in to see, stick with the remotes,my nickle,
    JJ

How about a Wheelman?

http://www.wheelmanus.com/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I bought her a train set, she loves it, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did that, too. She loves it. Actually, my intent was to buy her something I might like to play with and it backfired. We don't have enough space for the RR layout, so we stepped up our plans to build a log cabin on our mountain property with a full basement for the train and other hobbies.

Last week I ordered a 3 stone diamond pendant from one of my merchants. It didn't arrive on her birthday so I got on the computer and printed her a gift certificate - a full year pass to the Wild Pocket Rocket Ride at Erninator's Fun Park - a win-win solution.
    ~Ernie

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    If he likes building stuff then take it one step further and get him the plans for this :

http://www.rqriley.com/tri-fly.html

Buy him a few things instead of a single $1000 gift, kind of a Christmas stocking without Christmas.

You could include some of these BEST-IN-THEIR-FIELD items...

- A bottle Balvenie Vintage Cask 1966 (about $300)
    - iRiver ihp-140 40gig jukebox MP3 player (about $360)
    - Doom 3 (about $50)
    - Logitech Z680 5.1 Computer Speakers (about $240)
    - USB Swiss Army Knife (about $70).

Then watch the poor man jabber, drool, and worship you.
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    Over 120 merchants with CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    Over 4500 network publishers seeking programs to advertise
    Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    $1,000 to spend on any silly thing I want?
    Easy...I'd hire a contractor to build a treehouse.

And this time I'm not climbing any stupid rope ladder...I want stairs!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast