I just got a new canon camera and went online to buy a back-up battery for it. I looked at Amazon which were about the cheapest canon batterries that I could find. I think it was something like 39.00. On the site they also had their other merchants listed that had generic batteries for 3.29. Anyways I bought a couple of the generic batteries instead of the name brand Canon battery. Was that a mistake or not. Does anyone here use generic batteries for cameras??? Thanks all

Also does anyone have a Canon s50 camera or a Canon s500???
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

I use generics for my digital camera. I found the best price for mine on Ebay, but it sounds like Amazon Marketplace is a good place to check too. A battery is a battery.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks Michael, I was hoping for an answer like yours. The Canon battery that came with the camera isn't impressing me all that much as to how long it lasts so I figured it would be worth taking a chance for the big difference in price.

I used a generic and the canon battery on a two week vacation that I shot over 700 pictures.

They work just fine.

Cool Limey,

I take a lot of pictures and the new camera I bought has a pretty good video shot also. Its nice to hear the batteries will last I'm pretty impressed with how little space the new Canon camera uses on the memory card shooting video clips. A huge improvement from the Canon s50 to the Canon s500 which has sound also

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread