Hi everyone! Ok, I have a new endeavor: www.bee-utifulscrapbooking.com
    I have already received a couple of requests to advertise on my site. I am not sure how to go about this. Do I contact PayPal to accept payments? Is there a way to show advertising clients how many clicks that they received? What do I need to do? Can anyone help me?

THANKS!
    Cyndi

the best way to manage advertising is with a banner script.

there are several good ones available... search
    Hotscripts.com you want one that will accept different sizes and types of ads...

I have been doing this for several years... you wont make very much... banner rate are very low right now...

as for Paypal... just go to the website and open an account...

BEware... their are a lot of unetical people on the net... they will place an AD then after it runs out.. they will then it was a fraudulent purchase... and Paypal will give them their money back... via a chargeback to your account..

there is no recoarse... and Paypal's sellers protection plan doesnt doesnt cover digital products...

I have been hit real hard the past 3 or 4 months by Paypal...

the probelm is there is a "report fraud" a the top of the page with in the members account... making it very easy for the customer to get their money back... all they do is claim unautorized access to their account andthey get their money back..

the best thing to do is require a money order be sent to you. this will cut down on the B>S>..

and make it real hard for someone to claim fraudulent access to their account..

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

PHPAdsnew
    is great allows geotargeting.

Use paypal invoicing

When you send them a bill utilizing the invoice and they pay they agree with the services for payment. You have excellent grounds with which to dispute a refund.

Always let your customers know you will prosecute fraud refunds against your company. It has to be clear that making a false report for fraud is in fact punishable in a court of law. For anyone who has had this happen to him or her and does not follow up by prosecuting the fraudulent theft, you are a part of the problem.

Contact your Attorney Generals office and request prosecution.

I have accepted paypal from more than a dozen sites who wanted to advertise on my site. I haven't had a problem, knock on wood. I typically get 3/6 or even 12 months up front.

Paypal is evil. I use to live off paypal thousands of dollars went through my account monthly. Never had one complaint never had to refund anything in over a year.

However I had a bad habit to let my funds grow to a large amount so that I could get that Money Market thing at the beginning of the month and then I would transfer all the funds for the prior month to my bank account.

One day my account is locked with 3539.82 USD in my account no email notice from paypal. A customer told me they had trouble paying me and when I logged into paypal it said my account was limited so that’s how I found out.

Took me 3 months and over 100 phone calls and countless emails a complaint to my attorney general to get paypal to finally tell me why they limited my account. Took another 4 months for them to lift the limitation even though it only took me one day to get them the information they requested and I did that the exact same day my account was limited. Plus they had the nerve to charge me a 15 dollar investigation fee which they later refunded after I called and used a few 4 letter words.

Reason Paypal Limited my account. I logged in from more then one location.

I still accept paypal but I immediately move my money to my bank account now.

I just needed to rant.

use either paypal or 2checkout,com for accepting cc payments. I've been getting some advertisers this way.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

http and a telephoto
    2checkout is worse than paypal for locking accounts. They hold your money and then require proof of shipping, so I don't know how that would work for paying for advertising. Investigate 2checkout VERY thoroughly before using them for digital items or advertising!

I use paypal and spend the money quickly
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thank you so much to everyone! I knew I could count on you guys *smarty pants*!

Cyndi

ABW Ambassador
    You could probably prove advertising by giving them limited access to the stats like w/ phpadsnew... Just provide the username/password you gave the buyer to check stats to 2checkout and they can see that their banner has been displayed so many times, or that you were complying w/ your end of the deal...

**edited to add that I just saw that I broke 1000 posts! woohoo!
    Hi, I'm a signature.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I have been doing this for several years... you wont make very much... banner rate are very low right now... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think my paypal account has a lifetime amount of 3k, maybe but doubt it.

I typically move to my bank account whenever its over $100 (2 or 3 times a month)....

ABW Ambassador
    I use 2checkout and paypal for this as we don't want to mix it in our general account with wellsfargo/authorize.net, 2checkout works fine, you don't ship servies.

And I can't see Karl's smiles, but I think i agree... if someone tells you cpms are low now or you can't earn off of cpms, well.. i don't know what to say, but I wouldn't listen to the advice from that person.

Chet

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread