Is there any quick and easy way of generating html pages from a data feed? I tried Web merge and it seems a pain. Any suggestions?

ABW Ambassador
    It's times like this where it would be a really good idea to learn scripting, either through PHP or Perl.

Michael

Right! The next time Windows hangs, maybe I should get to work on building a new operating system

I have built many sites using Webmerge - and from where I sit it is the best and easiest way to go.

I have built many sites using Webmerge, and I would not trade it. I just dont have time learn a new scripting language when Webmerge has such a short learning curve.

Just my thoughts....there are many ways to achieve a good result.

Webmerge

Check out their forum here:
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=frm&...9&f=8536090862

Fred

You might just be a redneck if..."You can't schedule a family reunion until after the parole board meets"

Webmerge is a good starting point if you don't want to wade through a database programming manual right now.

Only drawbacks as I can see are the index page options are limited, and you'll have to ftp a lot of html when you're done.

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    I thought Webmerge was OK. I use DB to HTML Express. More expensive than Webmerge but I had better luck with it.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by futurescopes:
    Right! The next time Windows hangs, maybe I should get to work on building a new operating system <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...or maybe you could try wiggling your nose Samantha

Seriously though there is no magical fix...either you will have to find the time to learn some sort of scripting languare or take the time to learn one of the few DB to HTML tools. Personally I prefer WebMerge.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Right! The next time Windows hangs, maybe I should get to work on building a new operating system <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread