So, I'm coming home from the store after stocking up with provisions (not for a hurricane) for my weekend outing..

Out of the corner of my eye I see a bunch of yellow "Police Line Do Not Cross" tape for about a block.. This alone is odd but on top of it, the building they have roped off is the police station.. Hmmmm, either this isn't good or Krispy Kremes is having an outing..

So I come in the house and start packing and a couple of minutes later the doorbell rings.. The girlfriend jokes "It's the cops, they found you"..

I go to the door and when I open it up, two cops and no Krispy Kremes.. I also see two cars at either end of the block closing down the road.. Oh great, they must have read my rough draft response to Sandras post on Bush ..

Turns out that wasn't why there were there.. It seems that someone "Turned in" a Mortar round that they think is live and they have the local big city bomb squad on the way. They were just making the rounds letting people know that the roads are shut down and they won't let visitors in. They also asked us to stay in the house for a short time..

Three hours later the road is still blocked off and cops are standing their posts..

I wonder what would happen if I snuck behind one of them and pop a paper bag... Hmmm, I'm guessing I wouldn't be going out of town this weekend..

Geezeee,

Your leaving town? HUMMMMM

They did read your post about BUSH that will teach you - it’s a frame up -- your doomed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SandraR:
    Geezeee,

Your leaving town? HUMMMMM

They did read your post about BUSH that will teach you - it’s a frame up -- your doomed. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> My youngest son is a cop (policeman) and fireman in Edgewater,NJ, by the Gw bridge,also has a good landscaping thing going, every since 9/11 they are on pins and needles, it was bad enough during the blackout, double duty, but the gop convention,was murder, Mike has too many citations from both departments, he isn't a big fan of the bush jr., anymore than I am, but some of the cops are pulling the weapons out when a car backfires, I should mention it was a mortar round that got me in the Korean police action,that's all they learned,so pop goes the weasel, shoot first, Edgewater has hi rise luxury condos, and when money got there, so did the crime.Just passing on a nickles worth.I sure wish someone would get iraq explained to me, I can't even prounce the names.
    JJ
    JJ

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I wonder what would happen if I snuck behind one of them and pop a paper bag... Hmmm, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

that was on the news last night
    dave

Talking of police tape.. it seems I have a missing letter bomber living not far away from me. Oooer.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    A state trooper lives two doors down from us. I feel sooooooo safe! I figure if anything funny happens on this street he'll be the first one out the door to investigate.

Well, assuming he's home. I gotta find out which shift he works.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> A state trooper lives two doors down from us. I feel sooooooo safe! I figure if anything funny happens on this street he'll be the first one out the door to investigate. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Growing up, we lived on a dead end street. We were the second last house from the end. The first building on our side of the street was the RCMP (Police) station, followed by three houses, our house and then 1 last house before the dead end. The last house was empty with a for sale sign.
    One day I came home from school to find a whole slew of police cars around the house for sale and all sorts of stuff on the yard.
    Turns out 2 runaway boys and one man had holed up there, and had been stealing stuff from all over the coast where we lived. There were stolen items from our town, all the way to three towns over, including a bloomin' powerboat and trailer in the garage.
    Right next door to us and 4 houses away from the police station.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread