Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Run!! Run before you are floating in sewage, chemical waste and covered with red ants!

But, buy from my site first!

1.2 Million Warned to Leave New Orleans
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Yep it don't look good for New Orleans.

Bster (BLFH - Ms. B) evacuated yesterday morning to get out of the path to go to a safe location. It was weird talking with her as she was gathering things to take with her, I don't know if I could, at the drop of a dime, decide so quickly what to take with me as she did.

I know I will be, and ask you all to, pray that her home isn't damaged by Ivan or the subsequent surge. I'm sure she'd really appreciate all the well wishes, thoughts and prayers extended to her and fellow Louisianians.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

So mote it be!

This is no joke! How can they evacuate those dependant on public transportation? A whole lot of people have no cars!

Direct Hit by Ivan Could Sink New Orleans New Orleans would be under about 20 feet of water!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I saw some families getting into school buses on the weather channel, I assume that they bus them into hurricane proof shelters.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

They need to get out of town altogether. Hurricane proof shelters are no good when they are underwater and anything above the surface of the water is covered with red ants. PSanf says most people can walk out of a major city in a day. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The surveys predict that about 300,000 of the 1.6 million people living in the metropolitan area would risk staying. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> They must be crazy. Even if the leveys aren't breached, why would anyone take such a risk? If they are wrong, the horror is unimaginable.

Let the looters stay! When they rebuild, one less problem.

I read that two million people are fleeing from this one. I think that's enough hurricanes isn't it? Hasn't the weather made it's point?

Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

ABW Ambassador
    A Florida paper quoted one of the resolute inhabitants of a possible landfall target:
    ``We ain't going nowhere,'' said [idiot's name removed], a nail technician in nearby Navy Point. ``We've got a generator, beer. What else do you need?''

My question: Why are these people allowed to breed?

Wayne

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Good luck to Ms. B.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I think that's enough hurricanes isn't it? Hasn't the weather made it's point?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO--it HASN'T made its point even YET!!!

Tropical storm "Jeanne," now in Puerto Rico, looks like she doesn't want to be left out of the party!

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/hurr...rto-rico_x.htm

She's expected to attain hurricane strength any time now.

And, the expected trajectory has her coming for a "vacation" in the US:

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/hurricane/2004/a11.htm

(Mouse over the "projected path" link on the site above to see the map of it.)
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    "My question: Why are these people allowed to breed?"
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't see nothing wrong with those people. People think different under different circumstances when faced with the probability or possibility of a life changing event.

I read on the news yesterday of a priest living in Fort Lauderdale, that still had his house protected with the hurricane shutters and died after his house catch fire and he tried to put it off with a hose garden.

So then what?

When it's time to go, I guess it makes not much difference........

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NorthernStudio:
    My question: Why are these people allowed to breed?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wayne,
    that's likely a cousin of mine!

Ms. B. was the first thing I thought of this morning following news reports. Came here to see if she'd posted anything or anybody's heard. Thanks Haiko for your note. Feel better -somewhat- now.

Ms.B. let us know how you're doing after you've taken care of more important business. Prayers are with you and others in harms way.

Rick
    Rick McGrath
    FatWallet.com
    Merchant Affiliate Team

ABW Ambassador
    I spoke with Ms B. yesterday and I am so glad she was evacuating! I join you all in hoping her home withstands this hurricane and fooding.
    The same for all residents there and in Florida.
    Cazzie

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    New Orleans' situation is especially dire because it's actually a bit lower than sea level (or maybe it's the level of Lake Ponchartrain).

I vacationed there once (highly recommended if you love great food and live music) and that week the city was under a flood alert due to heavy rains. If a heavy rain can cause New Orleans to flood you can just imagine what a hurricane could do, especially if it hits at high tide.

Wayne, I believe your nail technician is a candidate for the Darwin Awards. Some people just figure if they get drunk enough no harm can befall them.

Ms. B,

Even if our last chat was heated - you will be in my prayers. I hope everyone is safe and little to no damage is done to your homes and business'.

ABW Ambassador
    I lived in new orleans when andrew was heading that way. Our thought was, the building we lived in (in the quarter), was built in the 1700s. If after 300 years it was still standing, it was a safe bet to hunker down there. So I still agree with that thought.

Our walking around the quarter during the hurricane (not a direct hit) was probably a little more questionable.

I hope MS B's home is fine when she gets back, that has to be the hardest, leaving everything behind.

Chet

((((B))) stay safe and let us know you are ok as soon as you can!
    Ebudae

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Sal:

I don't see nothing wrong with those people. People think different under different circumstances when faced with the probability or possibility of a life changing event.

....When it's time to go, I guess it makes not much difference. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I have no problem with these types being swept out to sea. It's when they endanger children through their utter ignorance that bothers me.

Wayne

It's when they have children through their utter ignorance that bothers me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NorthernStudio:
    I have no problem with these types being swept out to sea. It's when they endanger children through their utter ignorance that bothers me.
    Wayne <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So the people that stay to report the news must be more ignorant then, because they don't know the area as well as the "nail technician in nearby Navy Point" that probably has his family in a safer place and just decide to stay behind until the last minute.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Sure hope Ms.B in Lousiana and all those along the Gulf coast weather out this one. Having been through 5 Hurricanes it always helps if your not suffering from Hurricane party hangovers when it comes to cleaning up the damage.

When Andrew skirted New orleans in 1992 the wife and I just bought clothes and half priced cruise trip tickets on the 7 day cruise ship docked at New Orleans Riverwalk Mall. We were in sunny skies and calm water off Cancun when Andrew hit La. Our home was spared any major damage (2 downed trees) and the only danger we faced was the damn water snakes that got washed into the neighborhood when the canals overflowed. ABW should get Ms.B some autographed snake sticks as a coming home present.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Don't expect things to get any better.

Global warming is upon us.

We are pissing in the gas tank and expecting the car to still run.

Hope people like George Bush can breathe money since that is all their policies on the environment are good for.

Ever worry that we are beyond the point of no return?
    <b><a href="http://5startravelgroup.com" rel="nofollow">5 Star Travel Group</a> - Luxury Travel Memberships</b>
    Lifetime membership pays <b>$1000 commission on two levels</b>
    Very easy to sell, unbelievably lucrative! <a href="http://5startravelgroup.com/contact.php">Contact me</a> for more information.

ABW Ambassador
    It's all part of the evolutionary process.

The dead branches on the tree of evolution (us) wither and break off, while the fittest survive.

The meek (ie; the cockroaches) shall inherit the earth.

I tell you the truth. Verily, verily.

Humans have nothing to do with global warming.
    Volcanoes and other natural things produce multple times more polution than humans do. The worlds forests in one night release more carbon dioxide than all the cars in the world do in one year.

If you took all the people in the world and stood them up rank and file you'd only cover an area of about 25 miles by 40 miles.

Heyder

My quest for knowledge leads me to believe otherwise.

Nobody can prove for sure but valcanos and forest fires are part of the natural cycle, cars, fossil fuels, and deforestation are not.

We are seeing unprecidented changes though, that much can't be argued.
    <b><a href="http://5startravelgroup.com" rel="nofollow">5 Star Travel Group</a> - Luxury Travel Memberships</b>
    Lifetime membership pays <b>$1000 commission on two levels</b>
    Very easy to sell, unbelievably lucrative! <a href="http://5startravelgroup.com/contact.php">Contact me</a> for more information.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heyder:
    Humans have nothing to do with global warming.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Science suggests otherwise.

It's cheaper and easier to think as you do. And it protects profits.

Or is this part of the "man's dominion over the earth" hocus-pocus?

Wayne

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast