ABW Ambassador
    Anybody have Sirius or XM? I heard Sirius is better? I know they have a program at CJ but want to know from a user perspective, thinking of trying it out. How do you like it, what extras did you buy for it? thanks

Right after posting, saw a commercial for Sirius on Monday Night Football

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    They just reviewed XM radio in our local newspaper and at the ended provided a short comparison with Sirius. They said both services where about equal but Sirius had more sports stations available.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm in the process of checking them out too. I think I'm going to go with Sirius.

I'm a bit confused by what exactly you need to actually hear the stations (tuner, receiver, etc.?) I would like to get a boombox to listen to in the house and a portable device for the car.

I was thinking of getting it in my h2, but first the Jesse James dubs.I hear the xm radio is pretty cool tho from people who I talk to.

Rarevos

Trust, whats up? Ok well I can speak honestly as I have had them both.

In my personal opinion Sirius is better... has a much better sports selection as well as comedy selection. I also prefer its ability for you to login to Sirius.com and you can stream the radio stations as well if you are not at your device. The NFL program on Sirius is top notch it is exactly what you want I bet. Perfect highlights of all the games as they happen and two channels dedicated to games. Great if you follow teams out of your area.

XM did have a much better live concert series that I loved. Now I was at a disadvantage in some way in that I had the XM PCR which is now defunct I believe for XM which basically let you listen to XM on your PC with a software interface it was nice and there were lots of tools for it but I think I would have had a better experience with more of the to go devices. That you can take in your car, home, office, etc...

I suggest going to Sirius.com and get the 3-day free listening pass it gives you a taste granted its not all the channels there are some amazing talk based channels and comedy. I believe XM has the same preview style ability at their site XMRadio.com.

Lastly, don't forget the user based sites which might help you more.

XMFan.com
    and
    SiriusBackstage.com

Hope that all helps... as for my Sirius equipment I have the Sirius JVC KT-PK1000 which is great!

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    What a juicy tidbit that Sirius is selling thru CJ!!!

I used to move a lot of units thru a very good satellite merchant with a forum here - but Sirius went with Direct Sales and I got stalled with a great converting page and no merchant.

Looks like CJ setup says $40 / unit for Sirius activation. Great! I'm back in the satellite radio biz!

Saw the duration is 45 days - and that's for the activation - and the links to Sirius have them selling the equipment too - anyone selling Sirius thru CJ? Is there any trouble with 45 day duration covering the span between purchase and then receipt of stereo unit and subsequent activation?

And having EVERY NFL broadcast twice - once by each home team - means you can please everyone all of the time! Football season is the time to kick off your Sirius sales - anyone else in?

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for the replies. Will try the 3-day free listening pass and see what's going on.

ABW Ambassador
    I bought the receiver and boom box this weekend. The boom box antenna didn't work so I'm going to take it back to the store and get the home receiver instead.

Do they have a device to hook up to your current receiver. You know an old thing from the 1970's

ABW Ambassador
    I had XM for the past week (rental car). The best thing about it was the two comedy channels, had me laughing all the way from Tahoe to San Francisco.

If Sirius has more comedy then I would go with that because the rest of XM seems to be just boring music and news.

Music is why I would want it.. not boring music though. Sure as heck don't want any sports!

ABW Ambassador
    I just installed the home receiver. Works like a charm. I love it already!

Jane - look on the back of your receiver and see if there are two holes marked AUX. If so, you're good to go. If not, you aren't. I have an old boom box and it doesn't have the AUX capability but my stereo does.

The boom box was pretty cool. If the antenna had worked I would have just kept that.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread