Hurricane Season appears to be especially brutal this year. Ivan is a real killer. To anyone living in the affected areas, I hope you have good fortune on your side. We'll say a prayer for you.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

Ivan was dropping tornados all round my area. We don't too many of these around here. But yesterday they were all over the place.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

We live in Navarre, FL.

Our power and cable was just restored. Something like 60% of the county is still in the dark. We still have to boil water. The water is running out so we're under conservation orders until they can get power to the city water pumps.

It's been a total mess, from destruction, to getting food, ice and water in to town, to the county officials being slow on getting us information. No gas. I waited 2 hours on sunday to get premium unleaded because that's all that was left.

We have roughly $25k worth of damage to our home. The roof needs replacing, ceilings are starting to collapse in our kitchen and in 2 bedrooms. Carpets will need to be pulled out. It will be 2 to 3 weeks before we can get an insurance adjuster out here. One of our 2 grocery store sustained major damage. One of 2 "sit down" restaurants on hwy 98 in navarre is completly destroyed. The other one may be damaged beyond repair.

Houses are being bull-dozed here in town along the coast. The beach road needs to be replaced. We are very blessed to only have the damage that we do.

Here are a couple pictures:

wow Ellen!! Thanks for shareing the pics!

Sorry to hear of your damage!! Will send good thoughts that all will work out for you and the other families there.

Welcome back to lights and electricity!!
    Ebudae

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ebudae:
    wow Ellen!! Thanks for shareing the pics!

Sorry to hear of your damage!! Will send good thoughts that all will work out for you and the other families there.

Welcome back to lights and electricity!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Parts of New Jersey and New York City were in bad shape,fllods,downded power lines, underground tranformers exploding,no power,phones,seniors stranded only to be rescued and return to find collaped walls and roofs,we had a few tornados,not normal for here,Sice NJ is surrounded by water on 3 sides, and Manhattan, it was a tough one, the local radio and tv staions were off, until they could get emergency generators.One bright spot, 2 babies were born in police cars, and doing well, some story for them to lern when they get older.My nickles worth.
    JJ

The weather around here is so boring. If it isn't sunny it is cloudy. Our worst weather is the heat.

Or course I don't wish for destructive weather but I do love storms.
    <b><a href="http://5startravelgroup.com" rel="nofollow">5 Star Travel Group</a> - Luxury Travel Memberships</b>
    Lifetime membership pays <b>$1000 commission on two levels</b>
    Very easy to sell, unbelievably lucrative! <a href="http://5startravelgroup.com/contact.php">Contact me</a> for more information.

Internet Cowboy
    We are getting ready for our third hit in six weeks here in the Edgewater/ New Smyrna Beach area......

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Sucks that your place got hit so bad. Hopefully the adjusters will get ahead of schedule and you can get things fixed soon!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Hi Leader,
    I think I remember a post of yours saying that you had property in Florida. How has that area been holding up with all these hurricanes?

Bob

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread