Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    This only applies to those who are either stay at home moms or dads.

How much money do you think you could be earning extra if you didn't have to look after kids at home while you are working?

I have a 4 1/2 year old who I look after at home, and she can make my day quite easily, but she can easily make it so that I get no work done.

Do any of you wish that your kids were in daycare?

How many hours do you actually manage to work when you have kids to take care of?

Over the summer school break I will have 2 kids to cope with all day.

How do people cope with having kids at home and trying to work as well?

Well cleaning up after the kids takes about 2 hours a day! Two more years and then the 3 year old will be in school! Time for more golf, and yes a little work. My father passed away when I was 12, so I look at it as an opportunity to spend time with my kids. Sure it may cost me some aggravation and some money, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Julian,

I am a part time stay at home dad so I hope I still qualify. I teach Martial Arts to children in childcare facilities starting at age 4 every afternoon. My wife works in childcare in the morning and we trade off mid day.

As I'm writing this post I am interupted to solve a srious problem (changing a dirty diaper) LOL. If have two small one's Robbie (almost4) and Morgan a girl just turned 2.

I feel very strongly about this issue so sorry if get a little offtrack or offend anyone. There's is NO amount of extra money I could make that would make me put my children in childcare!

I currently get about 3 quality hours in during the day. Mostly early in the AM and then at nap time. Mine still take naps but not for much longer.

I see so many issues with children who are dropped off at childcare at 7:00AM and picked up at 6:00PM only to be wisked off to a sports practice then home to bathe and do homework and go to bed. I have really good children who will start in my program and in a few months become totally out of control based on what they learn in their surrondings and then they are all medicated for some form of ADD.

Will spend more time outside during the summer and less time working. One of the reasons I love this line of work.

My wife and I sacrifice alot to live this lifestyle compared to our friends but we would not change a thing. I am the luckiest Daddy in the world I spend about 9 hours a day with my children and I don't miss a minute of them growing up and all because of this crazy business.

"In the end it will not matter what kind of car I drove, how big of a house I lived in or how big my bank account was. It will matter that I made a difference in the life of my children and other children everywhere. That is truly a great legacy to leave."

Not the exact quote but you get the idea. Great thread and good topic. So may things in my head, must stop now and get back to work Kids are asleep.

Sincerely,

Spider Man
    Living on the Web
    Hopefully one day making a living on the Web.

ABW Ambassador
    I have a 4 year old who is at home, and a 10 year old at school, and I would not ever put them in daycare.
    I love what I do, and it gives me an opportunity to stay with the kids.
    Yes, it does mean that I cannot do as much as I would like to do for the business, but it is well worth it.

I had 1 day when my 4 year old was with her grandma while my wife was at work, and I missed her. It was so quiet here.
    Yes, I enjoyed the quiet, but I still missed my daughter

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    I too am a stay at home parent. Been doing it 4.5 years now.

Rarely get any work done during the day, I'm able to check emails and make a few posts like this as my 8 month old is sleeping. My 4 year old goes to pre-k 8 hours a week and that gives me a few mopments if my youngest is napping at that time.

I get all my work done after 8:00pm, usually work 2-5 hours everyday and make up some on the weekends.

I have a site for stay at home dads, fairly active forum if anyone want to check it out, just PM me for the URL.

There are days were my little ones are a handful but I never once thought abut sending them to daycare. The pre-k program is great as it is part of the school district and the teachers have masters degrees and 3 assistants per class for only 10-12 kids. Plus I figure a little socialization with other kids is a good thing!

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> "In the end it will not matter what kind of car I drove, how big of a house I lived in or how big my bank account was. It will matter that I made a difference in the life of my children and other children everywhere. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone with or wanting children should print this out and hang it in a prominant spot

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I am a work at home mom. There is not enough money in the world to make me put my kids in daycare.

I have a 5 yr old son and a 14 yr old daughter that I homeschool.

I do the affilate marketing gig and I have a website and graphic design business that I run from my home.

My days are full and busy to say the least.

Next year, my kids are going to go back to school. My son will be starting K. and my daughter will be in the 9th grade, so I will then have more time than I know what to do with.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

My wife is a "stay-at-home" mom; it's something that we talked about even before we got married - one of us would stay home with the children.

This has required some fancy footwork with scheduling at times and we're blessed that I've had ultimate flexibility with my work hours. This has allowed Ruth to continue to teach college courses as an adjunct (she was FT at a university before Noah came along), part-time as a music director for our church and take on 10 piano students. And, yes, she keeps an immaculate house and keeps us all clean & fed (with lots of help from yours truly, of course).

If I had to, we'd move to a smaller house, sell a car, whatever it took to keep one of us at home. I can see the difference in my children already compared to other kids of similar age. It's all worth it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phillyBurbs.com:
    If I had to, we'd move to a smaller house, sell a car, whatever it took to keep one of us at home. I can see the difference in my children already compared to other kids of similar age. It's all worth it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looking at this from the perspective of a teacher, I've come across far too many kids whose parents are prepared to give them anything they want except the one thing they really need - their parents time.

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Julian,

It's great to hear from you. I agree with philly and the rest. I do this to improve my life with my family, not to get a new Lexus, but if I can do both, that will be just fine to.

I have many interruptions in a day and each one makes me thankful that I’m here and not in some office with some boss breathing down my neck.

Daycare is a swearword around my house.

Well, I don't stay home but my Wife does. AM and regular e-commerce sites allow this to happen, and still have some left over for my new Honda Pilot!

This is my hobby - chasing the dollar - and I get a rush from the amount of income that is possible. The really big rushes come from trying new things that actually provide a positive ROI. I only work on this stuff once they go to sleep - we are to busy having fun with them for me to work while they are awake.

Sorry I got a bit off track - but bottom line this internet business allows my Wife to home with our two young sons.

Nothing in life is more important than that!

Burke

hello,

My kids are now 11, 12 and 15 years old. And believe that it's important for me to be here when they come home from school. We worry about them when they're toddlers but adolescent and teenage years are very crucial years too. I'm grateful to be earning $ on my comuter. I suppose if I didn't have to run my errands in the morning, etc. I would probably be able to make more pages and earn more. But believe me I do most of my work when they're in school or when they're in bed. (It's too distracting to try to get anything done when kids arguing over everything under the sun.

My 4 year old started day care 6 months ago. My income is now 5x higher, and (she has aspergers/developmental problems) she is doing excellent going there! She only goes 4 days a week.

I guess it would depend on your situation and child

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> "In the end it will not matter what kind of car I drove, how big of a house I lived in or how big my bank account was. It will matter that I made a difference in the life of my children and other children everywhere. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awesome Thread!

I am happy to see so many great parents are still around!

Thanks to Affiliate Marketing that you guys can spend the real quality and value about life and that is spend time with your kids (don't forget wife's and husband now! lol...).

I just want to say that you guys are very lucky to have precious children/s!

Some of us don't have that chance and missing alot of good and challenge life with childrens!

Hey you can also pass them your knowledge about Affiliates!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

Animal Lover
    I thought being able to spend more time with the kids at home was the primary reason for doing AM? Well at least it was for me. It means I get the time to spend reading to them, helping out in the school, going for holidays, taking them to the park. When you lose sight of the reason for doing what you are doing, you need to sit back and reassess if you've got your priorities right. That's what it's like for me anyway. If I find that the 'disturbances' during the day ie my 3 yo interrupts me whilst I'm in the middle of making links to get me to 'print some coloring page for her on the computer' and I start to get irate and irritable, I need to refocus again and realize what's really important here and take that step towards doing the right thing - in this case dropping everything and printing out that darn coloring page for the 100th time.

Some wise person once said that when people reach their death bed, there aren't many who actually say they'd wish they'd spent more time working...

my 2cents,
    Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    I was a stay at home Dad over the weekend as my Wife and daughter went away and it was 19 month old Alex and I for the weekend... I started work about 10 PM on Saturday Night .. spent the rest of weekend playing "fee fi fo fum", "teletubbie dances", "elmosize", out at the play park, and changing nappies...

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

I started my site while my kids were babies and I have always been a SAH mom. I have also always worked at night. My work day starts when everyone here is taken care of and in bed. I usually work from about 8 pm until 2-3 am. This is my choice because my family comes first. I also work during the day when they are in school (now they are 7 and 8 ) but from the time they get home from school until they go to bed, mamma is not on the computer. I have enjoyed every moment I have spent with my kids ( well mostly every moment, LOL)

Lola, my daughter did attend a typical preschool for several months with an aide, due to language delays, and she benefited a great deal from being around other kids her age. She picked up a huge amount of language in a short period of time because she wanted to converse with the other kids. She also was able to learn the classroom stucture and expectations so she was better prepared for K. My personal opinion is that kids with developmental delays, unless you are planning to homeschool them, must have early school experience in order to more easily adjust when K starts. My daughter did quite well even though she only went a few months.

Ok, now I feel like a really rotten parent.

I just edited my post Lola, your daughter will THRIVE in preschool if they are working with her well. My daughter would never have been able to adjust to K without learning the expectations of a classroom ahead of time. There are many things that DD kids do not get naturally like other kids... language, turn taking, waiting in lines, sitting in circles, joint attention. Trust me, she needs to learn these things ahead or K will be a huge flop. This is especially essential if you want her to be in a typical classroom. Feel free to PM me. Haille has a language delay , but the issues were basically the same for her at that age.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Looking at this from the perspective of a teacher, I've come across far too many kids whose parents are prepared to give them anything they want except the one thing they really need - their parents time. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paul:

Exactly and that's what I was getting at. Ruth didn't quit working so we could get our kids more stuff, she quit so we could give them more time.

It saddens me when I hear parents talk about needing to work so they can take their kids on elaborate vacations, etc. I know one mom who said her son cries when she drops him off at preschool. "I tell him that this is the way it has to be if wants a new bike or new toys."

Just makes me shake my head.

ABW Ambassador
    Whenever we go anywhere, I notice that our 4 year old is so much better at behaving than a lot of her age group.
    We have a better chance at making sure that she has manners and is respectful to others.

I also think that our 10 year old is doing much better at school by coming home from school and having me help her with her homework. If she was going to after school care, I am sure that she wouldn't get the same level of attention while doing her homework.

It is the simple things like using please and thank you that seem to have been forgotten in this society. People are too busy for their children.

Animal Lover
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Ok, now I feel like a really rotten parent. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lola

Not everyone is in the same situation. A child with Aspergers has different needs compared to one who doesn't. You are not a bad parent. From the previous thread you started about Aspergers I think you're a great mom. My hat's off to all parents who have a child with developmental problems, it's hard going as it is with a 'normal' child, but it's doubly hard when your child is a bit 'different' and the flack that you get from other parents is totally uncalled for. I know of many parents with mentally challenged kids who just need that time off from the kids to really stay sane as a person and that can only happen when they send their child to some form of care. So don't feel bad, it's not an indictment on you.

Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

True, so very true.

I stay at home with my 2-1/2 year old daughter. It can be very trying but also rewarding.

I am trying like hell to make a living online so I don't have to return to the 9-5. I cannot fathom the idea of sending her to daycare.

I do have to manage time carefully and it isn't always easy. Soon though my wife will be on mat leave for a year so I won't be the only one home.
    <b><a href="http://5startravelgroup.com" rel="nofollow">5 Star Travel Group</a> - Luxury Travel Memberships</b>
    Lifetime membership pays <b>$1000 commission on two levels</b>
    Very easy to sell, unbelievably lucrative! <a href="http://5startravelgroup.com/contact.php">Contact me</a> for more information.

Affiliate Manager Rob@GoFreelance's Avatar
    A high percentage of our members at Freelance Work Exchange are stay at home Moms or Dads. For many, the appeal of freelancing is not the chance to make more money, or work on creative projects, but simply to have more time at home with the kids.

Yes, it does present challenges, but working from home can be a real life-enriching experience.
    Rob Palmer
    GoFreelance

Now going crazy on Clickbank...top affiliate makes over $3000.00 per day. Taking the CB Marketplace by storm. <a href="http://www.gofreelance.com/cbaffiliates.html" target="_blank" title="Going Crazy on Clickbank">Click here to get your share of the huge profits...</a>

I was a working mom off and on while the children were young. In an emergency I would stay home. Needless to say, this caused alot of problems with many of my employers. Note how I say many employers!

I quit all that years ago to start my own business ......and did it all out of the house, until it was absolutely neccessary to open a shop and do the 8 - 8, 7 days a week.

By that time both kids were in high school and would come to the shop after school to help out.

Fast forward a bunch more years and our youngest is in college and I'm back in my home office.

Hubby and I have only had two vacations without the kids and both were after the children were in their twenties.

I'm lucky that he is a consistent earner and affords us the nice things, otherwise I would never have been able to indulge in the pleasure (and headache) of running my own business (and now the AM) without hurting the family.

They grow up so fast and it's nice to be there to cherish the milestones.

Just felt like sharing!
    Never argue with an idiot.
    The person watching, may not be able to tell the difference!

:female: :star: :envelope: [url="http://www.bridalbasics.ca/"]:weddingca[/url]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast