Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I just had an absolutely wonderful dinner of coconut fried shrimp with cranberry sauce drizzle, crabcakes atop melted brie and for dessert hot pecan pie topped with a chocolate/carmel glaze and fried ice cream. Heaven...truly heaven. And yeah I'm completely bloated now and totally useless for the rest of the evening I'm sure. But no doubt more than worth it.

Off to find some more comfy clothes to change into as letting the belt out a couple of notches hasn't done the trick.

Ms.B you get worse....first gator sandwiches now it's fried ice cream????? LOL what kind of Louisiana speciality is this. I love ice cream but I just cannot visualise it after being fried

I must admit I love your pecan pie with ordinary ice cream I guess next time I'm down your end of the country I know what to ask for, if it contains ice cream it cannot possibly be as bad as it sounds
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Where's the "Homer-Simpson-Gurgle-Drool-Face" emoticon when you need it, Huh? Where is it?

Keep me posted. I'll be waiting.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Gordo..fried ice cream is a Mexican thing. At least you usually only get it in Mexican restaurants around here. Might be an American/Mexican thing. A sccop of vanilla ice cream rolled in a crumb crust and fried. http://www.texastwisted.com/reports/statefare/ Scroll down to the 5th pic. A very very tasty treat.

And I did have some alligator last week as a matter of fact. Put some alligator sausage in my pot of white beans.

::burp:: 'Cuse me.......

It looks real nice Ms.B thank you for that info. I really must ask for this next time I go to a Mexican restuarant.

I think I might prefer to try the fried ice cream than the alligator though I must admit
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Fried shrimp? Crabcakes?
    God, that has to be my favorite.
    Didja cook it yourself? And if you did, will you marry me? Louisiana isn't that far from Texas and...

Wait...I'm already married. Just sounded so good I had an impulsive moment.

My mom-in-law takes a jumbo shrimp, and sticks a corndog stick into it longways. Than she rolls the shrimp in the crabcake mix, (kinda looks like a big corndog) and fries it.

It's so good, that if you put some on top of your head, your tongue will beat your brains out trying to get to it!

Gotta go. The 'fridge is calling...

Rick K.
    "Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't...You're right!" -Henry Ford-

I just had some yogurt flax toast smothered in creamy peanut butter and a chaser of lemon homey tea.

I would take yours anyday. I think I'll go out for dinner tommorow.
    <b><a href="http://5startravelgroup.com" rel="nofollow">5 Star Travel Group</a> - Luxury Travel Memberships</b>
    Lifetime membership pays <b>$1000 commission on two levels</b>
    Very easy to sell, unbelievably lucrative! <a href="http://5startravelgroup.com/contact.php">Contact me</a> for more information.

I just had a Skirt Steak with dirty right and a margarita.

Lamb tikka starter, Chicken tikka vindaloo, peshwari naan, sag aloo, pilau rice.

I love traditional English food.

My a*se isn't looking forwards to tomorrow though!

Eeerrrr....

Doesn't the ice cream melt when fried?

No

The batter crumb coating insulates it long enough that it doesn't melt while frying.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Hmm...

Think I'll file that away with other eccentricities like peanut butter & jelly, root beer, hash browns...

Glad I saw this post now!

Alligator Etouffee is my favorite YUMMY

The fried ice cream sounds like a quicker version of Baked Alaska.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread