ABW Ambassador
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    An apple fritter is nothing like an apple turnover. Not even close. Fritters are dee-lish! :drool:

There is a 'Dutch Pantry' restaurant here in WV that serves an Apple Fritter Sundae! It is awesome! Two warm apple fritters, about a pint of ice cream, butterscotch, whipcream, and a cherry! Geez, I gotta get back up there
    Life is like a dogsled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

-- Lewis Grizzard

ABW Ambassador
    Whoops, I mean to put this in the "Daily Chuckle". I thought it had been deleted.
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

Also, there are banana fritters and corn fritters. You pretty much won't find them in a restaurant outside the southeast U.S. but they're easy to make at home.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rhea:
    Also, there are banana fritters and corn fritters. You pretty much won't find them in a restaurant outside the southeast U.S. but they're easy to make at home. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Fritters (of all kinds) look pretty easy to make. I just don't want to eat fried foods.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rhea:
    Also, there are banana fritters and corn fritters. You pretty much won't find them in a restaurant outside the southeast U.S. but they're easy to make at home. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mmmm... Corn Fritters... Yummy...

Mom used to have a recipe for easy corn fritters using creamed corn from the can. Gotta give her a call now...
    Tom C.
    [URL=http://www.cafepress.com/simplesignshop]Simple Sign Shop[/URL]

Every day leave someone or something better than you found it.

Weisinator, I very rarely eat fried foods. I just don't like the way they taste. However the way I make fritters they're very lightly fried, just enough to crisp the batter a bit. Just cook them in a hot, lightly oiled pan.

Now what I really want to know is...who likes OKRA!!!

OKRA ?!?!?!

Ewwwwww!

The only way I've ever had Okra (when I lived in NC) it was always mushy mystery pods with green slime and seeds.
    Tom C.

And now back to our regularly scheduled topic:

Fritters,
    Gimme fritters.
    What kind of grease junkie doesn't like fritters?

Corn Fritters
    Apple Fritters
    Fritters in the fridge!

Sugared fritters
    Plain fritters
    Even fritters with apple sauce

Oh, Fritters,
    Gimme fritters!
    The snack I love to much!
    Tom C.

Apple fritters... ya gotta love 'em. I've eaten many an apple fritter, but always go back to my old staple... the Winchell's apple fritter. You've got to look for the one's that have been in the fryer a little longer than the rest. Crispy = Yummy!

CURSE THE FRITTER!

While I enjoy a crispy apple fritter... with moist and tender little chunks of sugary apple strewn about... it's not part of the healthier eating plan I'm trying to stick with!

CURSE THE FRITTER!

So about 5 hours ago I discovered this fine post about apple fritters and couldn't help revealing my secret love for them. Ever since they've been dancing around in my head... calling my name... Frank... I'm so tasty... wouldn't it be nice to have an delicious apple fritter RIGHT NOW???

CURSE THE FRITTER!

The craving overwhelms my desire to "eat healthy," and after 5 hours of torturous cravings I break down and hit the road to find that apple fritter.

CURSE THE FRITTER!

I travel to the local Winchells (my favorite fritter place) and they don't have any! The craving has gripped me so tight I travel to the next city to another Winchell's to check there. They don't have any APPLE fritters either, but they do have Blueberry fritters.

CURSE THE FRITTER!

I figure the Blueberry fritter will have to do and I shell out the 99 cents. Well, I get this Blueberry fritter home and while it's good it doesn't have those sweet little bits of apple in them. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

CURSE THE FRITTER!

So, the craving lingers. My belly is filled with the unhealthy blueberry fritter but my mind still craves the apple.

CURSE THE APPLE FRITTER!!!

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread