Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Elbowcreek and I have been shooting the idea around of having a Yahoo fantasy football league consisting of ABWers. We would need 10 people to be in the league and we can decide on what the prize will be when we have everyone ready to go. We would setup a time to do an online draft (it takes a while to do a draft) and then you just watch your players stats throughout the season and see who comes out on top at the end!! Post if you would be interested in joining.
    -Matt

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I think it would be terrific fun to stomp everyone here with my invincible team, bragging rights to the victor! Mwahhahahahah....
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

count me in
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Affiliate Manager
    Sure, count me in for this. I always like winning
    Joe Sousa
    <a href="http://www.whatdoesjoethink.com">What Does Joe Think</a>
    Affiliate Coordinator
    <a href="http://www.fanatics.com">Fanatics.com</a>

ABW Ambassador
    I've always wanted to learn how this works, never had enough time. I've run football pools before so i guess i can learn how to do this and take some of your money

Anybody have any good links where i can learn about this and how to play? Something easy to understand. Thanks

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Already in 3 leagues but the more the merrier

Sounds like fun, let's all throw in some money and winner takes the pool. Like 50 bucks a piece.

I just found This to run the league, I'll pay for it if we have enough interest
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Preach on DFL

Count me in as well. Have to break out the laptop on Sundays. heheh
    Thanks,
    Doug

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Haiko,

You pay I'll play

Don't tell my wife but I am game for a little wagering

Is betting on FF legal, hehehehe!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by redsand:
    Count me in, please. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So we have 9, Haiko are you the 10th? Sportsline is good, I like yahoo too, anyone else here used either of these for their prior leagues? Any opinions on which is better?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>by TrustNo1
    Anybody have any good links where i can learn about this and how to play? Something easy to understand. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The best thing to do is either sign up for some websites such as ESPNinsider or mockdrafts.com (you are not going to find many online rescources that are free, but it's not too expensive) or what I do is go out and buy a couple fantasy magz. The two I have used and like which are easy to follow are Sporting News and CBS Sportsline. Look at all the different factors. PM me if you want some additional tips.

Haiko, that sportsline commissioner is good. I did the online draft with sportsline for NBA last year and it worked fine.
    -Matt

Matt,

I'd rather another member take my slot, I'll stay on the side lines a talk a lot of smack and egg on the competition (Hey, maybe I should recruit Brian Clark and 2gunshorty LMAO).

If anyone knows a better system then the commissioner program, please post a link so we can evaluate our options.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/

This is Yahoo's league. I was part of a league last year that used the free version of Yahoo's offering. It was good. Stattracker is great you can see up to the minute stats in this java applet. I like Sportline's as well.

Here is another one
    http://www.sandbox.com/

So we need one more person, who will it be?

Count me in Matt.

&lt;trash talking starts&gt; Time to show you all how to play this game. hehehe &lt;trash talking ends&gt;

OK so the 10-person league consists of the following ABWers:
    1. MarketMatt
    2. elbowcreek
    3. nyfalcon
    4. drcool
    5. TrustNo1
    6. DFLSports
    7. qball
    8. Doug
    9. redsand
    10. Ian

Haiko, I think overall the yahoo commissioner program is the best and the most user-friendly, second being the sportsline one. We have the interest so let's get started sometime soon. We need to schedule a time for the online draft and decide the draft order at random somehow (any suggestions?). What time of the day or night works for you guys, i'm trying to get an overall consensus then we can setup a specific time to do it (it will take about 3 hours to complete) but you can be doing other things during the downtime of other people picking. Needs to be done by the end of august, so we have plenty of time. Go get your fantasy magazines and prepare to face my wrath!

I've used the free Yahoo version last few years, it was easy to use.

One other thing, if it is too hard to draft all at once, there is an option where you list the players in the order that you want, then Yahoo dishes the players out as evenly as possible.

Not as much initial interaction, but easier to coordinate the draft.

Either way is fine with me, and heck any system at all will be fun, whether it is Yahoo or some other one.

What we can also do is select the offline draft option. Then in this thread or another that we make up, we can post our draft pick, then the next person in the order can post theirs etc. etc. Once the draft is completed i'll put all the picks on the appropriate teams in the yahoo league. That might work better, since you can just draft when you see it's your turn. I'll send out a PM to the person if there is lag time.
    Also, your starting lineup breaks down as follows:

1 Quarterback
    2 Runningbacks
    3 Wide receivers
    1 Tight end
    1 Team Defense
    1 Defensive player of any position

Make sure to pick up on the trends of the draft to help you with your picks. (If everyone is picking a runningback ahead of you, you might want to get one before the good ones run out)

- - - - -
    Then in this thread or another that we make up, we can post our draft pick, then the next person in the order can post theirs etc. etc. Once the draft is completed i'll put all the picks on the appropriate teams in the yahoo league.
    - - - - -

That sounds like a good idea. We should be able to get a couple rounds a day done, as long as everyone checks in from time to time.

I figured out the draft order by putting everyone's name on a piece of paper and throwing them all in a cup then randomly selecting them out. The draft order is as follows:

#1 qball
    #2 Doug
    #3 Ian
    #4 DFLSports
    #5 redsand
    #6 MarketMatt
    #7 nyfalcon
    #8 drcool
    #9 TrustNo1
    #10 elbowcreek

It is a snake draft format. That means we start at #1 go to #10, to start the second round #10 picks again and then back to #1, to start the third round #1 picks again so on so forth...
    So qball whenever you feel you are ready post your first pick. Take as much time as you guys need we have a month before i need to put the teams into the league. GOOD LUCK
    -Matt

hey, any services where we can see a list of players we can choose? Maybe I need to signup with Yahoo's free one just to see a list?

Once Haiko signs us up in the league, we will have access to all information on players to choose. You can look at a large list of players and certain stats that is printable. I suggest you go out and get a fantasy football magazine. There are draft 'cheat sheets' and mock drafts that would be a good aid for drafting they cost like 7-8 bucks, I advise getting the Sporting News or CBS Sportsline mag.
    -Matt

Your choice Matt, tell me which one and I'll make it happen.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    Hold on, gonna have to take me off. Don't think i have enough time to devote to this. Besides getting ready for the holidays, will be making a major move shortly, so I'll be absent from the boards for awhile. Sorry about that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast