It seemed to me they didn't have enough hard evidence against him but then again I didn't follow it too closely. I was a little surprised with the verdict but more surprised at how fast it was reached with the 2 new jurors. Jeeze, the lawyer wasn't even there.
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    you're not alone - a friend of mine just shared the exact same comments with me on that front.

I Findit funny how they kicked off two jurors to take 3 hours to get a verdict. I got a feeling he will be out of jail on appeal.

Thank God it's over.

Fred

Hard to believe this guy isn’t guilty, he seems to be devoid of a conscience…he’s lied at every turn, he thought he could get away with everything and thought he could outsmart everyone... evidence of a truly stupid person... It was a quick decision, the evidence may have been circumstantial but there obviously wasn't any doubt in the minds of the jurors. Having followed this case, it would have been hard to let him off I would think.
    [left][font=Arial]"If you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra [/font][/left]

ABW Ambassador
    I have no doubt he is GUILTY AS CHARGED!!!! I was in Best Buy when the verdict came down on the tv and I was so happy that I wanted to cry. Now Lacie and Connor can rest in peace knowing justice will be served. Although I do believe he may get a new trial on appeal but - I am confident that a new jury will find him guilty as well. His actions just tell it all. Everything he did afterward was so suspect. I mean the man is so fake and lacks emotion it's unreal - he's a damn monster. I followed this case from day one - listened to it everday on court tv. He's GUILTY, GUILTY GUILTY as charged. I hope he's made to think about what he did for the rest of his ugly life.

Now the media can find another story to captivate America with. I dunno what they'll do. Maybe Martha Stewart will get into a jailhouse brawl. C'mon Martha the media is counting on you.

I must admit I never thought there would be a guilty verdict! If he was clever enough to cover his tracks so well that there was no shred of forensic evidence, surely he couldn't have been so stupid as to place himself in the same bay where the bodies washed up. He is a womanizer and a liar (nobody disputes that) but that still doesn't make him a murderer. If he wanted to kill his wife and dump her body, he didn't even need to buy a boat - he could have driven out to the Bay and disposed of her without going to such lengths. I think there is more to this case than meets the eye, and there are more than enough grounds for appeal by the Defense, particularly the recent shenanigans with the jury, and the fact that the judge would not allow the Defense to enter the video about the boat into evidence. I think he should have had a better lawyer than Mike Geragos who, in my opinion, did a shocking job at defending his client. He is so wrapped up in his other high-profile cases that he didn't even have the decency to be there for the verdict!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    OK by me if the publically hang this murderous cad and his legal team from the same tree.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Grumpy did you see the video? It was hilarious (as something can be about this case). They sat their trying to throw the body out of a rowboat, on the side, never going over the back transom like any sane fool would do.

My family is going through a similar less high profile case here in cleveland, and the BS the defense will raise is insane.

Occam's razor wins again, the most simple answer is the most likely. The defense just tried to cloud what was really the simple and obvious steps he took.

And to say to hang the lawyers is silly, everyone has a right to a trial and lawyer. If you want to hang some lawyers, try these.. The jury wanted to convict him, but the prosecuting attorney did such a bad job some of them felt they couldn't.

Of course this didn't get such high media coverage because of the age and sexiness of everyone involved. At least with this guilty verdict, the jury may not be scared to convict on this one.

Chet

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>OK by me if the publically hang this murderous cad and his legal team from the same tree. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll go along with that, Mike. Only problem is that the sentencing trial won't make any difference in CA. They'll just warehouse him at the taxpayers' expense. For the same bucks they could send him to UCLA.
    ~Ernie

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread