I want to post this for all to see, I made a terrible mistake. To A very fine lady,who has helped a lot of us.I didn't know our profiles could be viewed by others, and when she offered to help me build a better site, I was delighted, we exchanged personal things to, when she found out my wife, from Ireland passed away on Nov.23 last,I had a goal, and she helped.My sales began to climb, and with the help of my computer repair service Carole & Leon, I tried to cope, 49 years with a beautiful Irish Rose,hurts.I have had some vertigo attacks, and wasn't thinking clear, no excuse,when I was upgraded to windows xp, I couldn't find my McAfee icon, and was using ad aware for parasites and hijackers, the only person I trusted had all my tracking codes, user names, etc., and the sales I had In Linkshare vanished,the repair service came and showed my all the tracking,users,passwords and id numbers were out on the internet, I don't know how, someone else got the benefits of all I spent, and the time to build better websites, I always believed assuming, makes an ass out of me, and I sure blew this one, all I can do is beg for her forgivness, vertigo and not knowing many people where we live is not an excuse for a friend, and by switching to DSL, I had a lot to learn, I sent a message to each program hoping to get new id . to try to earn a few bucks for the holiday season, the designers of that site, made a preview with your image on it, they changed it,it was only a preview, and I respect your opinions, and value your friendship more than money, please forgive me,for being an ass,my new email address is penroad127@earthlink.net
    JJ

Our profiles can be viewed by others..?
    Who has this level of authority...?

I have never been able to view the profile
    of other people on this forum...

I’d love to know more about the people that I am talking to
    so I’d like to ask... How do you get this level of approval...?

Does this mean that some folks can and most folks can’t...?
    How do you get the right to view member profiles...?

Haiko?
    <Font size="1" color="99000">Never doubt anybody's word for anything... but... Always double check everything... - Grandpa</font>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JAMES T. MONROE:
    I want to post this for all to see, I made a terrible mistake. To A very fine lady,who has helped a lot of us.I didn't know our profiles could be viewed by others, and when she offered to help me build a better site, I was delighted, we exchanged personal things to, when she found out my wife, from Ireland passed away on Nov.23 last,I had a goal, and she helped.My sales began to climb, and with the help of my computer repair service Carole & Leon, I tried to cope, 49 years with a beautiful Irish Rose,hurts.I have had some vertigo attacks, and wasn't thinking clear, no excuse,when I was upgraded to windows xp, I couldn't find my McAfee icon, and was using ad aware for parasites and hijackers, the only person I trusted had all my tracking codes, user names, etc., and the sales I had In Linkshare vanished,the repair service came and showed my all the tracking,users,passwords and id numbers were out on the internet, I don't know how, someone else got the benefits of all I spent, and the time to build better websites, I always believed assuming, makes an ass out of me, and I sure blew this one, all I can do is beg for her forgivness, vertigo and not knowing many people where we live is not an excuse for a friend, and by switching to DSL, I had a lot to learn, I sent a message to each program hoping to get new id . to try to earn a few bucks for the holiday season, the designers of that site, made a preview with your image on it, they changed it,it was only a preview, and I respect your opinions, and value your friendship more than money, please forgive me,for being an ass,my new email address is penroad127@earthlink.net
    JJ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

James - I was never able to see your profile. I saw several of your posts and from them I read about the Irish background, your wife's death, etc.. I sent you a PM asking if you needed help, that is all.

I am not sure what happened to your Linkshare accounts or your Share A Sale accounts (I do not have access to them) - but I hope you have contacted them to clear up any misunderstandings on your part about your commissions.

As far as someone else using your link/ tracking codes - even if they had, the money would have gone into your account. Please contact your affiliate managers to explain it to you. They will be able to let you know about any activity, click throughs and sales on your accounts. (and past history on those accounts) If something is amiss, I am sure they can help.

I thank you for the apology.
    I wish you no ill will.

I hope you will go on to learn more about affiliate marketing and computers in general.

I will not however be contacting you. All that needs to be said, has been. Time to move on.

Good Luck!
    Ebudae

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>all the tracking,users,passwords and id numbers were out on the internet <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So what could someone do with this info? Get into your account and change where the money was sent to? Make sales for you? Seems all you would need to do is reset your password.

I'm glad I learned how to repair my own computer, I would never let a repair shop have access to it.

[
    So what could someone do with this info? Get into your account and change where the money was sent to? Make sales for you? Seems all you would need to do is reset your password.
    [/QUOTE]

yes and yes!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by webpartner:
    Our profiles can be viewed by others..?
    Who has this level of authority...? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only Approved affiliate managers and moderators can see profiles, only I have access to IPs or other 'personal' information.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread