Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Is anyone else here excited about the upcoming football season?

I cant wait, the Ravens are going all the way this year!!!

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I cant wait, the Ravens are going all the way this year!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can't be serious

I can't wait for fantasy football.

yup im serious, im friends w/ thier QB so I have to root for them. If LA had a team I'd cheer for them as well.

I'm excited for football season for so many reasons, I can't keep them all straight.

As for the Ravens, while I find hold them in personal distaste (as a Browns fan), I can tell you they got the steal of the draft by taking Josh Harris in the sixth round. In five years, he'll make Kyle Boller a footnote.

Just started playing my new copy of NCAA Football. It's awesome!

Professionally, we have lots of new stuff in store for the football season, so there's a lot to be excited about!

Can't wait.

Affiliate Manager
    The Ravens should be a very solid team this year. The defense will be as strong as ever and if J. Lewis can run over everyone again they should make the playoffs.

However they will have to take a backseat to the eventual Super Bowl champs, The Seattle Seahawks. They have a very, very good offense with some good young talent at all the skill positions and a strong o-line. The defense has plugged a couple holes from last year and will be vastly improved. GO HAWKS!!!!
    Joe Sousa
    <a href="http://www.whatdoesjoethink.com">What Does Joe Think</a>
    Affiliate Coordinator
    <a href="http://www.fanatics.com">Fanatics.com</a>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phillyBurbs.com:
    I'm excited for football season for so many reasons, I can't keep them all straight.

I can tell you they got the steal of the draft by taking Josh Harris in the sixth round. In five years, he'll make Kyle Boller a footnote.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lets see if he makes the team first before we make him the second coming of Steve Mc Nair! And lets not forget that he did light the world on fire in college.......For Bowling Green!

As a proud BGSU alum that saw him play twice live last year, plus three times on TV, I stand by my statement!

If the Ravens cut him, they will regret it!

Am I ready You betcha I did something way out of the ordinary and bought Atlanta Falcons season tickets even though I live in New York. Will be flying down to 8 games and the playoffs. Sad thing is it is quicker to get to Atlanta than it is to get to NJ to watch the Hapless NY teams
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nyfalcon:
    Am I ready You betcha I did something way out of the ordinary and bought Atlanta Falcons season tickets even though I live in New York. Will be flying down to 8 games and the playoffs. Sad thing is it is quicker to get to Atlanta than it is to get to NJ to watch the Hapless NY teams <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is really tremendous!!! I am trying to get some time off to go and watch a baltimore game but dont know if ill be able to. But going to see the falcons when you live in NY, how can you not be a Giants fan?

ABW Ambassador
    In the AFC looks to be Patriots again. Looks like pretty much the same team + Corey Dillon.

NFC only one choice - Atlanta Falcons - Vick is back and their new head coach comes from a defense background, hopefully that helps as the Falcons have always been weak on D.

While I love NFL Football (its the best of the best) my true love is college football!!! The tradition, teams, stadiums, student sections and bands!!! That is football at its best, IMHO! Theres nothing more exciting to me that getting up on Saturday and watching the best college teams match up against eachother, and of course who doesnt love Rivals Week!!!

Go Ravens!!!!!!!!!!
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Ah, my youngest one looked at me yesterday and said, "Dad, I want to play football." Woo hoo! No dancing footballs, so a mango will have to do!!!!
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by elbowcreek:
    Ah, my youngest one looked at me yesterday and said, "Dad, I want to play football." Woo hoo! No dancing footballs, so a mango will have to do!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

congrats Elbow, if you ever want any help w/ training and are in the area let me know.

www.99touchdowns.com

Hey Prophet, if you were a tad closer, I'd take you up on that. He's got a competitive streak a mile wide! Just a kid, but it is nice to finally have someone in our family that is playing my favorite sport.

On a different topic, if you have connections with football teams at any level, keep in mind that you could sell football field covers through me, and earn an 8% commission on it.... Football field covers are big bucks!

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>On a different topic, if you have connections with football teams at any level, keep in mind that you could sell football field covers through me, and earn an 8% commission on it.... Football field covers are big bucks! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

EC, I love how you slipped that one in, hehehehe

Good on the quick, bad on the subtle, that's me, lol.

any college fan around ?

Fantasy Football is one of the funnest hobbies i've ever come upon. I played for my first year last season and I was attached to the stattracker thing all day sunday watching my player's numbers. For anyone else out there who is into this what is your top five fantasy draft picks? I think it will be
    1. Priest Holmes
    2. Ladanian Tomlinson
    3. Jamal Lewis
    4. Clinton Portis
    5. Ahman Green

As far as NFL football, I'm a die hard bucs fan and I know it is not looking good so far, but we made good moves, picked up some veterans and I trust Jon Gruden's judgement. GO BUCS! SB CHAMPS 2002!

As for college, I bleed Orange and Blue! GOOOO GATORS! Dominate the SEC in 2004, oh yeah!
    Matt

I love playing the Yahoo football fantasy league every year, we should get an ABW league going.....

Hey, why not, it's free and we can do the draft online. I'm in, what should the prize be? I'll take charge of setting it up and being the commissioner of the league. We need 10 people and say everyone puts in like 30-50 bucks, thats a nice cash prize for the winner. Who's interested?
    Matt

I'd kick in some money, or be happy to donate some product to the winner. How about you set up a thread with an appropriate title, and see if we get anyone to join?

Well, I guess you guys are really into the NFL. How bout starting a thread for NCAA conference bashing ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by redsand:
    Well, I guess you guys are really into the NFL. How bout starting a thread for NCAA conference bashing ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Redsand Im in!!! The Pac 10 is the strongest conference top to bottom.

I would like to live long enough to see Indiana University have a decent football team. I don't think that's a whole lot to ask out of life, do you? If I got my wish, I think I would end up living to be an old, old man.

So, I can't bash any other conferences, kinda like the chicken turning the deep fryer on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast