Making Affiliate Marketing FUN!
    Silly question time!
    In dreamweaver I setup the page properties so that all the links would be white...works in my color scheme, but one link I need to change to being blue, yet I don't know how to do this without changing them all.

Don't you love when it seems you can solve every complex problem, but never the simple ones?

set the link up like this
    <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">&lt;a href='http://www.hardwaregeeks.com'&gt;&lt;font color='blue'&gt;HardwareGeeks.com&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/a&gt; </pre>

What Mikey said, or you could just set up another class in your css. I prefer that method because you can change it a lot easier if you use it in more than one place..

thanks!

I got the link color figured out but i am running into a problem. It isn't showing up for me, there is just a white space where it should be...but when i ask my friends to look at it on their computers they see it fine. This is also happening on one of the banners i put for my affiliates. Why would this be happening just for my computer?

ad blocker?

HJ-
    I had the same thing on one of my sites...when I tried viewing the javascript code, I got a "blocked" message.
    It seems that if you code the script on your machine, the browsers or firewall or (in my case) IE saw the code as possibly being malcious...so it blocked it from displaying on my machine, on the browser I used to "check" the code.
    On other machines (i.e., on the internet, through a server) the code displayed properly and was not considered a threat.

I tried Netscape, and everything displayed properly from the get-go. Haven't tried Firefox yet (though I should). I guess this goes back to the old "test your pages through different browsers, resolutions, ect".
    Go figure.
    Later,
    Rick K.

To change the color of just one link, make sure the font properties are exactly before the text and exactly after the text.
    <a href="http://"><font face="Arial Black" color="#0000A0">text</font></a>

Be sure your editor does not rewrite this.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Or, if you are of the CSS persuasion:

<a style="color: #0000A0;" href="http://whatever">text</a>

-John.
    There's a reason army's wear uniforms even though it makes them easier to spot. Sometimes that's what you want. Uniforms suggest organization, power, and numbers. These, in turn, inspire fear. And, as any good operative knows, there is no more effective weapon than fear.

Hosting Comparison - HostScope - jrrl.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    It isn't showing up for me, there is just a white space where it should be...
    It could also be that you've gone to the link's destination recently. Often, "followed" links change color or are coded to do other behaviors. Your friends hadn't visited the destination, so they're seeing the links as "new" (unfollowed) links--and therefore they're showing up like you expect.

If that's what's making the difference, you need to change the behavior of "followed" links so they will still be visible even to people who've recently been to the destination site.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread