I have about 3,000 visitors per month for motorcycle enthusiasts. I've had a few merchants that get a few sales, but all have either dried up completely or out of the affiliate business.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

I have tried:

BikeBandit
    PeopleFirst
    Motorcycle-Superstore

None produced results. All were tried for at least a month.

The only one that did anything was a T-shirt place and I got a few orders there, but 10% of a T-shirt isn't much.

I tried RideAmerica, which I think might work, but I can't find them on CJ, even tho their application takes me to CJ.

I tried Competition Accessories, but their affiliate signup page is 404.

Same for many others.

JC Whitney have motorcycle products and motorcycle-specific links in Commission Junction.
    People First (CJ) offer motorcycle loans.

Posters? Allposters or Art.com. Hey, I'd love a poster of a Harley, hmmmm....

Magazines? - Amazon or a magazine merchant at cj. I used to spend hours in the magazine store at the motorcyle section.

There might be a number of items you could market via Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...094687-2263844

Also, make sure to try a separate sales area on your site. Don't even rely on your traffic that's coming in for content, just optimize for Google and get traffic for keyword phrases specific to the motorcycle products you're selling.

Happy marketing!

What about posters of motorcycles?
    Subscriptions for motorcycle magazines
    Boots
    Leather anything
    Motorcycle books
    Motorcycle calenders
    Motorcycle minitures
    Harley Barbie
    Harley anything
    Motorcycle toys for the rugrats
    Easy Rider
    The music from Easy Rider
    Head Rags
    Could you find something about Sturgis? I think there might be some videos on it.

Good Luck!!
    Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I had joined this affiliate program - http://www.adrenalinavenue.com/cgi-b...banner.cgi?121 awhile ago for one of my motorcycle domains that I have yet to build a site on (along with a few hundred other of my domain names).

It sounds like it would fit your site.

Larry Wentz http://www.AffiliateNetwork.org

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Not a one of them have produced anything much in my auto/motorcycle/RV site sections. They all seem to have unpayable sister linking schemes and hate to pay affiliates for high markup items. Why do I know there high markup. I placed point of sale computers in 3 Motorcycle shops. Totally computer illerate group of owners doesn't help much.

I'd charge on a reasonable fee for an affiliate enable Cycle shop if they had staying power.

Bikers are not normally interested in computers - they would rather been tinkering with their Hogs.

But there is a huge "weekend" biker community that is computer literate and not many of these are going to buy anything dealing with their bikes online. They go to the local Harley or real Biker shop. It's an identity thing that can only be fixed with contact with real bikers.

So the best way for Biker shops to use the net is to put up a one page billboard with the directions to their shop and maybe an 800# to call.

Where you might make some $$ from bikers is
    go bring your laptop to the bike shop and see if the owners want to buy some "posters to resell" from the relevant online art places. They could use the posters as premiums for specific purchases.

Something like - Buy $250 worth of stuff and get a FREE biker poster.

Or you can write up a press release about some biker type poster and send it to all the biker mags - with you contact info so those interested can send you the money for the poster. Then go buy it on AllPosters and have them ship it to the purchasers.

Write the PR up the right way as a NEWS item and you can get a ton of exposure for the cost of a stamp and list of biker mag addresses.

THANKS EVERYONE! You've given me good ideas and pointed me in some good directions. You are right about bikers not really being geeks, but they are here so I've got to give them something to click on. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Professor:
    Bikers are not normally interested in computers - they would rather been tinkering with their Hogs.

But there is a huge "weekend" biker community that is computer literate and not many of these are going to buy anything dealing with their bikes online. They go to the local Harley or real Biker shop. It's an identity thing that can only be fixed with contact with real bikers.

So the best way for Biker shops to use the net is to put up a one page billboard with the directions to their shop and maybe an 800# to call.

Where you might make some $$ from bikers is
    go bring your laptop to the bike shop and see if the owners want to buy some "posters to resell" from the relevant online art places. They could use the posters as premiums for specific purchases.

Something like - Buy $250 worth of stuff and get a FREE biker poster.

Or you can write up a press release about some biker type poster and send it to all the biker mags - with you contact info so those interested can send you the money for the poster. Then go buy it on AllPosters and have them ship it to the purchasers.

Write the PR up the right way as a NEWS item and you can get a ton of exposure for the cost of a stamp and list of biker mag addresses. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe the terminology "Real Biker" is where you're making your mistake. A "Real Biker" isn't someone that rides a Harley or other cruiser style motorcycle. I own several Motorcycle websites devoted to the "Other" type of "Real Biker" the type that prefer to ride "Sportbikes" aka CrotchRockets. And "we", the SportBike riders actually prefer to buy our parts online because the cost is less than our local stealer. Check your facts again, there is a huge market out there for online parts buying through the Sportbike riding crowd.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by affjus:
    None produced results. All were tried for at least a month. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need to try them for longer than that, present them in a few different ways before you can really say they don't work. What pages are the ads on? are they for specific items or just generic banners? It will take more then a month for most sites to get new pages well worked into the serps.

I've had some success with leatherup.com. The sell directly from the factory and have great prices to promote. Their creative is limited but if you find ways to promote their stuff you'll get paid. I put them up in my fashion section and never bothered to check my stats. One day I got a $355.00 check in the mail and found out that I had been one of their top affiliates. Their letter directed me to go to their site and pick out any leather jacket I wanted. My only investment was a couple hours of putting links up.
    ~Ernie

The ones I know ride BMW's and shop on ebay

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread