ABW Ambassador
    Looking for recommendations, do you have one you're happy with? I'm looking for something that prints, scans, copys and faxes. I've always had HP printers and never had a problem, was looking at:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...onics&n=172583

My printer is a few years old and i've always wanted to get a scanner plus i need a fax machine too, to send out those W9's. I figure i might as well get an all in one, to save space too. Thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    I have a different yet similar model to the one you show, and it's been reliable. I think that one would be a good choice. You might find the same price at Sears if they are near you.

I have the HP psc 2410 which is probably last years model now and I love it. Because I don't use fax, scanner, printer, copier all that often, an all in one unit made the most sense to give me all options when I have need of it.
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

I've got the psc 2410 too.. it's my second one as the first one died after a week.

Things like the fax-from-PC function aren't always terribly reliable, but it's got a nice range of features, does great prints on glossy paper and is very versatile.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

I have an HP OfficeJet D155xi, and it does everything I need. It copies, scans, faxes, and prints. It has a sheet feeder and it duplexes (prints on both sides of the page). It has two paper trays, one of which I use for envelopes. It's a network device, so I'm able to print to it from any PC in the house. I can scan stuff in (like a W-9) and fax it out from my PC on demand. It was expensive (over $600) and the ink (about $30 B&W or tri-color) and print heads are expensive (about $35 x 4). The print cartridges are date-coded, so refills and recycled cartridges don't work well.

I've also had an HP LaserJet 4L for about 10 years. It's a workhorse that's dirt cheap to operate. I've run about 3 cases of paper through it and only had to replace the toner twice (at under $50 a pop). Total operating cost (paper plus toner) has been around a penny a page. I use this for most of my B&W printing, and have it networked through an external network print server.

If cost is an issue, make sure you look at operating costs. Many cheaper printers have very small print cartridges and you'll pay through the nose in the long run.

If networking is an issue, make sure you find something that have native support for networking. Standalone print servers often don't work well with multi-function devices.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Trust,
    Might want to do a quick google on whatever HP printer you decide on, if you go with HP.
    It seems that HP sets an "expiration date" on some of their later-model printer ink cartridges.
    Even if your cartridge is almost full, the ink will "expire" and you'll have to buy a new cartridge.
    IMHO, just a way to sell more overpriced cartridges. I'll stick with my old one till it dies, I can refill it. (Lots cheaper that way)

I've got an older HP OfficeJet K60 and I love it. It's networked here at home and does everything we need reliably. HP is tops for printers in my opinion.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Trust,

Look into the Canons..I have a Multipass MP 730 that rocks...

Depending on your volume and needs, for color IMO, canon can't be beat. Inks are cheap and quality is superb.

If you are looking for a B&W workhorse, Michael is correct. Go with a laser, very cost effective.

Stay away from Lexmarks, cheap printer price but you will pay with the inks 10 fold.

*This is my opinion and not the opinion of this board or anyone else
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

I have had an HP all in one for 3 years now, never had a problem. I have also had Epson, Lexmark and other brands, that all died with just over a years use. As Andy said Lexmarks are cheap to buy but they soak you in ink costs. So my vote goes too HP.

I made the Lexmark mistake as well. I now have a Dell A920 All-In-One and it is okay. No great shakes - I probably wouldn't buy it again. The color printing is lousy and I don't like the interface for scanning.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

I have had a lexmark x83 for 2 years and I wont be buying another one when I shop for a new one. The ink is way overpriced! Give us a review when you get the new one mine needs to be replaced

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Trust,

I've seen some problems with those "all in one" combos, but I've been using HP forever and never any problems.

Never had a service call for HP, either.

I know it's not what the question was about, but I think an alternative view is worthwhile?

I've never bought a multifunction anything, always dedicated gadgets. The quality is always going to better with dedicated machines and with a multi-function device if it goes wrong, you'll probably lose everything rather than just one bit.

I have seperate fax/phone, scanner, low quality colour ink jet printer, high quality colour ink jet printer and b&w laser printer and I'm happy with the set up I have. It doesn't have to be expensive. My laser printer cost me $20 on ebay with a new toner cartridge and I use cheap generic cartridges on the low quality ink jet. The scanner has easily paid for itself in image quality, ease of use and resolution. The only "extravagance" is my Epson 2100 printer, but then it's capable of quality beyond litho and it's more than paid for itself in producing prints that I sell.

ABW Ambassador
    I've never had a multifunction anything either, just don't have much room. Maybe i just need a bigger desk

Think i'm going to go with the HP i linked too. Always have had HP printers without any problem and they always rank well in Consumer Reports. Thanks for all the replies.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Red face
    ComputerGeeks has a HP all in one USB printer for 137.00 which is 17PPM black and 10 PPM color with all the wizbang features. Use one of my front page links...LOL.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Trust,

Did you ever end up getting an All-In-One? I've been looking and am curious as to how you made out. Thanks

I have an all in one HP and it's working great. HP is a sure bet.

Canon printers look good!!!(I saw an ad lately and I am a bit sorry I got HP...), and Canon is a good company, I had a Canon printer many years ago and I threw it to the garbage only because I bought the new one, but it was still working perfectly. I love Canon cameras.
    I Never buy Sony products anymore, they might be sexy but that's it.

Thanks for the feedback Allen. HP seems to be the choice for quite a few here. Most likely will be my choice also once I see what the prices of the generics cartridges are.

ABW Ambassador
    Packy, i got the one i linked too. So far no problems, it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez
    I have a Multipass MP 730 that rocks...
    I've got a MP730 & will 2nd that.

Only 2 nit-picky things:
    It's a little louder than I'd like, but not bad.
    Slower to start up & get that 1st print than I'd like.

Cheap, small footprint, good print quality, easy setup, seperate b&w/color ink cartridges.

Very satisfied with it for 9 months.

Ross

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread