2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Their aren't many of me since I'm usually assigned to taking them!!

The one Jane Fonda turns too when she needs some dancing and lovin!!

[ 02-24-2002: Message edited by: EcomCity.com ]

Hey Ted, oops I mean Mike [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Haiko

Ah! the truth is out now...Mike is really Ted Turner [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Or Ted Turner is really Mike. Get Mulder and Scully in here. The truth must come out.

If you thought the Ted Turner resemblance uncanny, you should have seen us playing Golf and Tennis together every Wednesday in Atlanta. His Mom owned a Cable TV franchise Continental cable he managed in the early 70's before he moved on to become a Millionaire. Lousy Golfer but definitely a driven man. I sold him all the Live TV studio equipment so they could remain on the air and syndicate Network TV shows as long as they had 3 hours/day of live local programming.

Lined him up in 1995 with PointCast news on his laptop and told him to buyout that "push" technology company for showcasing CNN. That one application got me enthused in the Internet.

He balked at paying 100K for majority ownership and went after an alliance with a startup called MSN for syndicating his news. Gates ended up paying New york Times some ungodly subscription fee and left Ted's CNN off the news list. Did enjoy dancing with Jane a few times while putting together some 1996 Atlanta Olympic sites prior to their breakup. That girl can move and Ted should have kept her happy, even if it meant taking dance lessons. I did get a nice fee for getting his alliance/merger talks going with TimeWarner. They then never would pay me a consulting fee for followup advice. Too bad they didn't both listen and get AOL in on that first deal to give them a NET savvy company to round out the deal. Kind of like a tripod with only 2 legs.

Strange -AOL now owns Times Warner and it could have been the other way around. I never once got any Christmas cards so I guess just a resemblance remains.

[ 02-25-2002: Message edited by: EcomCity.com ]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    That's an amazing resemblence!! I found a picture of Ted here and if his ears weren't slightly different I would have said for sure it was him in your pic!

That is uncanny Leader, the ears and Mike has more hair!

Come on now. Ted's a few years older than me so he should have less hair. We were the same height and weight back in the early 70's and we both liked to get away with passing ourselves off as brothers on the Golf course and tennis corts. He's always been a perfectionist, so Golf was frustrating to him, but we drank the same scotch all 18 holes and he enjoyed being one of the boys in the locker rooms. His hyperactivity required some Prozac type meds, or more scotch, and like me used the outings as get-a-aways from problem marriages and stressful business.

I think Jane was his third wife and first real love besides his kids. Nice "real guy" who always defended his position/opinion on any subject. Sound familiar? He once told me we were both unemployable within structured organizations. Inside of 3 months we'd be stepping on management toes to get our "running the business" opinions heard. I did like the fact, when we occasionally lost a sporting wager, he'd immediately take the blame and payoff for both of us.

My life would be complete if Jane would only call and ask me to dance the night away at the Omni Hotel in Atlanta. Boy would supermarket rags love to get wind of that one. She, like Ted, are both too private to even chance this happening. But I can still dream.

[ 02-26-2002: Message edited by: EcomCity.com ]

:eek: :eek: :eek:
    Shoot!!!!!!!

WHO IS WHO? Are you playing with us Mike? Are you Ted's twin brother or something? :eek:

Maybe back in the older days our parents might have had the same milkman. I look at my Bank balance ..I'm sure he never has to look at his balance!!

[ 03-02-2002: Message edited by: EcomCity.com ]

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread