ABW Ambassador

No, the picture above isn't me. However, I woke up a few nights ago and found this little guy hanging out under my bivy bag.

For picture fans, I have a whole slew of pictures from a recent trip through Desolation Canyon. This is about 100 miles southeast of Heber...where Backcountry.com lives.

Missoula - Short Stories

ABW Ambassador
    Your pictures are beautiful! You must have had and enjoyable vacation. Lucky You
    Cazzie

Y,

What is a "bivy bag"?

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

That's a *really* nice picture - it'd fit right in with some sort of "Critter Camouflage" article.

NM, I went to BCS and saw that it was a sleeping bag [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Wow, there are still wild horses running around?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by qball0213:
    Wow, there are still wild horses running around?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The epitome of city dwellers (at least you didn't say that was the biggest, weirdest cockroach you'd ever seen).

ABW Ambassador
    The wild horses were really cool. They swam across the river...about 200 yards in front of my boat. There were about 20 in this herd. I wish I had a good zoom lens.

There is not enough water for farming. The area used to be used for ranching. Most of it was overgrazed; So, now it's a wilderness study area.

Wouldn't it be fun if it were possible to make enough on affiliate marketing to just spend the year going to interesting places and taking pictures. That's the main reason why I am hanging out here...trying to see if I could make an idea like that work.

PS: A bivouac sack is a gortex bag you put on the outside of your sleeping bag. I find it more comfortable than a tent...tents get that condensation that falls on you in the morning. I've been in severe snow storms with a bivy bag, thermarest and down sleeping bag, and been quite cozy, while the people in the tent were cold.

Missoula - Short Stories

Wonderful pictures!! thanks for sharing!!

Sounds like you had a great time.

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

she was tired of being poor, and she wasn't into selling door to door.... CSN

yintercept
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Wouldn't it be fun if it were possible to make enough on affiliate marketing to just spend the year going to interesting places and taking pictures. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Thay is the same reason I am doing it. I live in hope that someday it becomes possible, what a fantastic life it would be [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    Well, I have yet to cover web hosting and IP costs. So I am still paddling up river on the economic freedom idea.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread