Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thumbs up I love the new look!
    Good job, Haiko!

TY SSanf, got a couple of other goodies also, but they'll have to wait til I get everything else straightened out.

How's the speed and search results?

Also, did you notice the similar threads (scroll down). Cute no?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Speed is good! What a relief that is.

Similar posts! Way cool!

Is there a way we can see what posts we ourselves have made? That seems to be gone from profile unless I missed something.

The speed is fantastic now Haiko.
    I must admit this last few weeks the old board was so slow had I not been a fanatical believer in ABW I would not have waited for the pages to load.

I like the layout and colors of this board it is very relaxing for my old eyes :-)

Thank you for doing such a great job.

BTW this is Gordon really not Pauline :-)

I agree Haiko ... It's shaping up nicely!
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

I agree, it looks great and is fast too!

Yeah!!

Ebudae

SSanf,

Yes, when you look in Thread view (eg. http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11 ) you'll see an icon on the left that shows that you've posted in the thread. Also there is another icon, under the rating column, that shows that your subscribed to the thread.

========
    Gordon,

Yeah I had had it with freakin poop and the last power outage was the straw that made me go overtime and move everything, still got some issues here but it will be much better for long time growth as our speed and reliability were major liabilities with poop.

=========
    DW & Eb,

TY It's been a long time in the making.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Looks good Haiko - Speed is fantastic - ABW was becoming quite a chore to read with all the speed issues.

Any chance of doing avatars a bit bigger than 32X32? I apparently lost my avatar in the switch. 64X64 would be better
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

much better
    Speed is good, features are good too.

Great changes! Well done!

Looks good Haiko - Speed is fantastic - ABW was becoming quite a chore to read with all the speed issues.

Any chance of doing avatars a bit bigger than 32X32? I apparently lost my avatar in the switch. 64X64 would be better
    Heidi,

I like the non intrusive size of 32X32, it seams that the avatar becomes more of the post than the actual content when there are large avatars and images in sigs. You can upload the custome avatar you had (got to old abw and get the image and spec it from there.

It was a damn chore with that archaic system over there.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Yes speed is much better than the "old" board. It was frustrating to have to wait several minutes sometimes for one page to load. Definitely a huge improvement here! Until the board grows too big and needs to be moved again.

I miss the new threads on the right of the page like the other board had. I always checked those first. I don't see a CJ forum here either, hmmmm Did spyware eat it up? Or am I just blind?

Overall, great job Haiko!

Catwoman

ps: I sent you a message via the link in your reply about my name. The "forget password" wouldn't recognize my email address and I don't remember which one I used to register last year although I'm pretty sure it's the same one I gave you.

ok if we are stuck with 32X32 - umm can everyone's be the same size since there are some that did transfer ok that are 60X60 showing right in this thread.

I know minor issue - didn't know about the other major ones going on when I asked my question. Good luck with getting it all worked out. It really does look great here and it FLIES nicely
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

I luv the new layout of the forum! But it will take some time to get used to it.

And I hope that this new layout will let the search engines spiders to crawl all the valuable content available here. Many times when I make a search on google regarding AM I get results from WMW, even if abw can offer better help (my opinion).

So what I hope is that abw will remain as fast as it is now and that this new layout is more friendly for SE, and not only for us, which sure is!

MARK FORUMS READ! Thank God. That was my biggest gripe about Infopop.

edit: damn, it took me a while to get like 100 posts, now I have to start over.

edit 2: Why is everything center aligned? Well not everything, but alot of things.

edit 3: Hey, vizion buttons!

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Talking I'm in
    Hey Hey. I'm in again. Had to do a new name, but at least I can post again.

Haiko...good job. I know it had to be a lot of work and may still require a lot more. Still, glad you recognized the need and took action.

Loads very fast on my old model A pc.

Just gonna take a while to get used to the new look and feel.

Thanks
    Frank
    "Just the facts, Ma'am." Sgt. Joe Friday, Dragnet

I really like the avatars this size and the names bigger. I found I was often responding to an avatar instead of the name since that was what I recognized most readily. Too bad if two people had the same avatar! I hated them equally! Or, the other way around.

To me, this is much better. But then, I get confused easily.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I agree with Meowser. I like the larger ones. It adds a little personality to the board. The tiny ones are just too hard to see.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by cditty
    I agree with Meowser. I like the larger ones. It adds a little personality to the board. The tiny ones are just too hard to see.
    But I don't like them through the page, I wish there was a way to set the user info to be on the left, not above each post. Otherwise great.

Yeah but...yeah but....

Doesn't it seem like there is more room for the actual message instead of having it scrunched over to make room for the avatar on the left?

Sorry, I have to be the suck up, here. I really do like this much better.

Pauline's avatar is showing 60x60. right now. That looks good.

I just don't like the really big ones some other boards have.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

If my vote means anything, I would say no larger than 60x60. Besides, if the avatars bother you, then there is always the turn avatars off function in the user control panel.

Chris

infopop had an auto resize featue for the avatars, gonna get that hack I like the 32x32 because I'm going to change the profile pages and move all AM sigs there and they can add all they want there. The 32x32 is the best IMO, was going to go legacy display (info on left column and even had a custom hack with multiple items built for it) but decided to go plain to be give more attention to the content.

Taking a needed rest break -- I will be back ASAP but www.abw.infopop.cc is still open if you can't post or login here.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

I feel like I am in a new world, like other said it is going to take sometime to get use to the new board but It is nice and lot's of new function that is very cool.

Great Job Haiko.

i love seeing all of us as a newbie. lol...
    I need to learn how to put my new sig like it is.

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

I ain't no newbie!

I am a crone. I earned it. I deserve it and I should have it!

"For Lo~! I am She, who was with you in the beginning...."

Well, close enough, anyway.

Thumbs up
    I like the new board fast and quick, obviously SE friendly. ABW should get its place in SE as it truely deserve.

Great work Haiko!

But kinda sorta miss the old board. I felt like home there. Got so used to of it. Maybe it will just take a little while to get used to of New ABW.

Overall, like the new home.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I agree, the new board is much faster! Very nice!

The only thing that seems off to me is that when looking at the forums, all the thread topics are centered instead of left justified.

Also had to register a new username so hopefully someday we can get your post counts updated over here when other things get smoothed out. :-)
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast