Way back machine
    "Welcome, rainman.
    You last visited: January 1st, 1970 at 12:00 AM" this is the message which greeted me when i logged in to the new abw forum...now i wa not even born that time...???????????????????

I vaguely recall an issue with a null field/zero field which vBulletin translates to that date.

You'll probably never see the date again all things considered.

CodeJockey.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    It's a default setting that's displayed when the real date isn't available.

thnx
    Hi thnx all for the explanation..i was just curious..

ABW Ambassador
    That is the birth day of unix. Unix uses seconds since its birth for many functions. So when it translates 0, that equals the second it was officially born, "January 1st, 1970". And if you think Y2K was fun, wait until January 19, 2038. The day the unix counter will no longer fit into a 32 bit register and will reset itself to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by chetf
    And if you think Y2K was fun, wait until January 19, 2038. The day the unix counter will no longer fit into a 32 bit register and will reset itself to zero.
    Quite an information, if I live till date definitely will remember your post and see people panicing as they did at Y2K.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

wow i had posted this message for fun...but in return i came to know lot of valuable things from you guys...

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chetf
    And if you think Y2K was fun, wait until January 19, 2038. The day the unix counter will no longer fit into a 32 bit register and will reset itself to zero.
    I miss the frenzy from the big Y2K scare. Think this could generate as much excitement?
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Maybe we should make up a date and create our own y2k scare the way everyone believes things that they read in a forum it would spread like wild fire. The google dance post crack me up as most people dont have a clue.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread