Thumbs up LinkShare Analytics (SynergyAnalyticsTM) Beta Program
    Did anyone else get the email for this?
    LinkShare Analytics (SynergyAnalyticsTM) Beta Program

Pretty nifty look at your information, with some new things as well.

Now, if only we could fix... oh, nevermind

Fred

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Pretty nifty look at your information, with some new things as well.
    My platform (WindowsME) isn't supported!!!

Now, if only we could fix... oh, nevermind
    One of my LS merchants emailed today - they pay me "on the side" because of LS check problems - and said consolidated payments and direct deposit is a done deal - starts in April.

So Fred, how did you keep "Buy Online" - I seem to be "ropg" instead of Billy Kay.

Cool, we can estimate the money we might make for which we might eventually be paid. It's lovely how, uh, innovative they are with things that don't mean anything to us.

Oh, and Billy Kay, did you try requesting a password for Billy Kay? That's how I kept my same user name.

I've been looking at the beta program - trying to figure out if it is going to be useful to me or not. Looks interesting, but I need to play with it a little more to figure out what it all means. Do you think it might be something Linkshare is doing to get ready for the consolidated payments I've heard rumors about?

"So Fred, how did you keep "Buy Online" - I seem to be "ropg" instead of Billy Kay."

You need to go ask Haiko. He merges old and new accounts. It's not a password issue, I tried that several times - to the point I almost gave up.

As for whether the analytics thing is a prep for consolidated payments - could be. They may have needed to update their reporting to give them the payment capability. That is, of course - a total guess on my part.

If you're serious about reports, then one would welcome what they (and Seibel) have done.

Fred

BK,

your G2G!

==========

The LS analytics are a fantastic tool!!!!!

What they are doing is allowing affiliates to see how they drive traffic to the merchants and how it compares to other affiliate traffic that may have converted.

LS struck two deals ... one with websidestory and one with omniture (two of the largest analytic programs out there) so that they can tie thier internal traffic to the affiliate refferal info so that merchants can see what happened before the end user hit their site and affiliates can effectively measure their performance and how they drive traffic and also compare it to other analytics offered via the interface (remember this is just a beta - the merchant side was in beta for 60 days). There are a slew of reports affs will be able to access once it goes live, but for now ... you can measure M vs YTD or MTD volumes for merchants as well as pulling merchant performance reports.

I feel this thrust of LS to fully equate the analytics (as middle man) for both merchants and affiliates alike is the needed step for better decision making on both parts on campaigns, partnerships, realtionship terms and performance.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    My platform (WindowsME) isn't supported!!!
    Ditto here (Linux). Sigh.

-John.
    There's a reason army's wear uniforms even though it makes them easier to spot. Sometimes that's what you want. Uniforms suggest organization, power, and numbers. These, in turn, inspire fear. And, as any good operative knows, there is no more effective weapon than fear.

Hosting Comparison - HostScope - jrrl.com

Unhappy No Firefox
    I can't use it with Firefox either, bummer..

15 years and counting
    [QUOTE=Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    The LS analytics are a fantastic tool!!!!!

What they are doing is allowing affiliates to see how they drive traffic to the merchants and how it compares to other affiliate traffic that may have converted. QUOTE]

I agree with you, nice set of tools, BUT

1-I'm not sure this set of tools was developed first for us, with the affiliate needs in mind.

2-Who else is using our data?

It's funny how it can take them years to work on what the average affiliate really need everyday and be so fast to release other features. What's behind the LS analytics?

So far, I'm not impressed. It's slow as molasses. I'm still wading through reports, but many of them are useless. Why would I care to have a chart showing what percent of merchants approve me into their affiliate programs? Maybe there will be some jems in there, but I haven't found them yet.

I get much better, faster, and useful reports through AffTrack.com. Or at least I did until Linkshare's "security enhancement" blocked AffTrack.com from collecting my data for me.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Is anyone else having problems loading this thing up?

I'm getting a 'Unexpected error has occured" and it asks for my login.

Error Codes: OPR4ONWY
    Location: saw.threads, saw.threadPool, saw.threadPool, saw.rpc.server.socketServer, saw.rpc.server, saw.rpc.server.responder, saw.httpserver.request, saw.connectionPool.getConnection
    File: connection.cpp, Line: 309

Is it just me and my account? Or is anyone else having this same problem

I've also had a few issues but that's why it was released as a Beta, to determine the bottlenecks and server demands. The merchant's version was in Beta for about 60 days.

-------
    Michael,

I know there are many more reports on the horizon.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    How exaclty is this supposed to help us?

Or is it just nice to look at?

Per Mr. Messer's Letter:

“Your use of these applications shall be strictly confidential and shall not be disclosed, directly or indirectly, to any third party without the advance written consent of LinkShare Corporation.”

Ummm, does this mean we can't talk about it here?

Well, at the risk of having LS drop me for saying something here, I was just a little put off by the email I got as I felt it was sent after the fact, did not provide enough information and might be more trouble that it was worth without support. So I wrote Mr. Messer about it and.....

...he actually responded.

Thank you Mr. Messer for answering my questions. It’s the first time you’ve ever answered my emails and I appreciate your taking the time to respond to each of my questions. I'll give the Beta version a try now that I understand more about it.

Now, if I can get one email from you maybe there is a chance we can someday open a dialogue and discuss some of the many issues that I and other affiliates have with the way your company does business with us, with your merchants and parasites. If you ever want to start a “Focus Group” or similar gathering of affiliates and merchants, to openly discuss current issues and concerns, I’d be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    consolidated payments and direct deposit is a done deal - starts in April.
    I'll believe it once they have it implemented and working.
    This has been a priority of theirs for years and they've basically done nothing.

Why is it that LS can find the time to implement this product, but hasn't been able to find time for Direct Deposit???

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Per Mr. Messer's Letter:
    If you ever want to start a “Focus Group” or similar gathering of affiliates and merchants, to openly discuss current issues and concerns, I’d be interested.
    That was and still is the purpose of our innercircle forum. Once we are all straightened out, I'm gonna be crankin that puppy up - Both Kellie and I have some good ideas for discussions and I know that it will definately be informative to all.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleland
    but hasn't been able to find time for Direct Deposit???
    Jungleland,

They announced that at the Summit also ... consolidated payments with a $1 threshold and direct deposit see http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=53691
    Continued Success,

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    How come they don't tell us non-paying non-Summit goers anything?

I had not heard of the innercircle forum. Is it a LS sanctioned group?

A quick question: how to login? I tried IE and Firefox, both received error message.

Can someone from Linkshare confirm that they understand that affiliates are not able to login to this SynergyAnalytics tool?

Is there anyone actually able to get into this without going through the login page and getting an error?

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I got it to work through my account but got errors when trying to see it via my moms acct

Affiliate Network Rep
    SynergyAnalytics TM Discussion with LinkShare
    Hi,

I want to introduce myself to everyone. My name is Dave and I work for LinkShare Corporation and lead the team responsible for the design of the SynergyAnalytics TM applications. I’d like to invite you to participate in the discussion threads I will be hosting here, starting Wednesday 1/26/2005 to examine the various reports and analysis available within SynergyAnalytics TM.

My goal for these discussions will be to discuss with you the new and exciting direction LinkShare is driving the market with SynergyAnalytics TM, discuss how you can utilize these tools to grow your business, and answer questions you may have regarding our new applications. I invite you to participate in these discussions and I appreciate your feedback and interest in our applications. Thanks.

Dave@SynergyAnalytics

15 years and counting
    Welcome Dave. Glad to see somebody from LinkShare answering our questions.

Welcome Dave!

I am sure you will get some very "candid" questions.

Fred

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread