Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Consolidated Payments Are Finally Here
    Can't believe no one from the Summit has posted this yet, but the big announcement was Consolidated Checks and ACH payments.

Payments for April will go out under consolidation payment in the May check. The delay is due to the fact that all accounts will go through a verification process prior to the consolidated checks beginning. You will be limited to one account but you can have multiple sub id's. A third party will be running a check for the verification also, so LS wants to give folks time to resolve any issues that may arise from this if need be. IMO this verfication process is a very good thing and will certainly help curb fraudulent activity.

I don't believe it! Is it real?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Yep. Announced at the Linkshare Summit on Tuesday, which is where Haiko broadcasted his Affiliate Marketing Today show from.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

It is optional for merchants to opt in to Consolidated payment

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrindavan
    It is optional for merchants to opt in to Consolidated payment
    OOOOps. Then the only 5 merchants who pay on time will have their checks combined. Sure would be nice if they could force merchants to payup and cut the checks on the 20th like CJ does. If slow pay merchants hold up consolidated payments for 3-4 weeks we'll all be screaming.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Yeah!!!!!
    Ebudae

I was going to post a whole recap of the summit and include this and some other news from the summit, but have been truly deluged with migration issues so I must beg Stephen and the entire LS team for appologies.

The summit was great and some really great news for '05 including consolidated payments, which yes is optional for merchants, but from the multitude of merchants who were there and after a private interview with Stephen, I am comfortable to say I see many merchants opt-ing in. Go project Athena!

With the new affiliate checking and verification system (project Athena) many many many merchants will opt-in and get this ... payment thresh hold is $1 and it all starts with the May payment. Kudos to team LS for making this a reality, finally, but more importantly .... implementing the safeguards that both merchants and fellow affiliates need to ensure our earnings. The affiliate screening will block most of the bogus aff applicants who are stuffers, redirecters or engage in other unscrupolous activities.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    This is GREAT news!

My May/June check should be pretty nice with all those 'little bits' added up.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

ABW Ambassador
    But will the payments be on time? CJ is like clockwork. Even in funded accounts, Linkshare's payments are never timely. At least this is a step forward for experimenting on some merchants.

Does this mean that I might have a chance of seeing the money from the 45 merchants who owe me some but I've been under the payment levels in some cases for a year or two?
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Has there been any word about whether there will be a direct deposit option?

And about time!!! It will sure be nice to get all those commissions which have been lying dormant now for almost 2 years - at least I hope those will be paid out now?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I'll believe it's real when I see the check--and CASH it...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

hey, that sounds like a great idea! yeah!

faint....

When BeFree started consolidating, it was only for new merchants that joined their program. I have yet to receive a consolidated payment from them. I hope it's not that way with Linkshare. I would like to clear out some of those commissions that have been sitting there for so long.

15 years and counting
    Kellie aka Ms. B - Consolidated Payments Are Finally Here

The LinkShare staff should not be working for an affiliate marketing company but for the News. Sure, they're good for PR and great shows. But like the Media, they are also spreading wrong informations.

I'll tell you in May if finally the consolidated payments are here.
    The only thing sure for now is the announcement.

ABW Ambassador
    Sounds good but I prefer they do something to assure I get more money, not just the same amount all lumped into one check.

Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Kellie aka Ms. B - Consolidated Payments Are Finally Here

The LinkShare staff should not be working for an affiliate marketing company but for the News. Sure, they're good for PR and great shows. But like the Media, they are also spreading wrong informations.

I'll tell you in May if finally the consolidated payments are here.
    The only thing sure for now is the announcement.
    Now, now Zeus ... let's not paint all media with one brush!

Didn't someone say it was optional for merchants? Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose? Did they announce what percentage of merchants would actually be joining this movement?

BTW, I'll believe it when I see it.

15 years and counting
    You're right Karl, my comment was way too broad. I was more thinking of CBS News than Phillyburbs. Sorry for that.
    Their merchants are reluctant to move to consolidated payments. For years, they have avoided to pay a huge amount of money to thousand of affiliates under the threshold. Many of those affiliates never got their money.
    I must say LS tried to push them to lower the threshold to $25 or even to remove it in December.
    Time for free advertising is over. I really think, the merchants would have to move to consolidated payment to keep their affiliates.
    I like the annoucement but I heard the same thing before.

sweet.

just testing my posting abilities..

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Any word on which merchants will be participating in this? Would love to make more pages for the ones who do opt in for consolidated payments..

It's certainly a step in the right direction. We'll see how smoothly it is implemented. I suspect that it'll cause even more delays.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I hope they make it so Affiliates can set their own Check threshold.
    Rather than just having a default ($25 or $1 or whatever)....

Cashing in a check from linkshare, down here in AUS costs $10..... so getting a check
    worth $25 isn't really going to make me happy.
    Hope they let me chose my own limit (ie; 25, 50, 100, 250, 500)

I think CJ has that?

I would certainly welcome affiliate-configurable minimum payment amounts, too. I got several checks from Linkshare merchants for amounts like $0.02, $0.04, $0.05, etc. They're all sitting in a pile on my desk. They cost me more than that to deposit them.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast