Question New FP layout
    All,

As I am in the process of moving everything over, I wanted to also change the FP (http://www.abestweb.com) by adding a few forums, moving some and removing some, what are your thoughts on the following:

Affiliate Lounge
    Introduce Yourself, Midnight Café, Voting Booth, Virtual Family, Newbie FAQs, Photo Gallery, Daily Chuckle, The Best of 2002, The Best of 2003, The Best of 2004, Barter / Trade / Buy or Sell, Off Topic Discussions, Suggestions

Affiliate Academy
    Affiliate Marketing Power Tools, Site / Logo or Banner Review, Domains & Hosting, Effective Advertising, Newsletters, Link Redirection / Protection / Cloaking, Spam, Helpful Articles, Credit Card processing and Payments, Becoming a Merchant

Industry Issues, Tips and Tricks
    ABW Inner Circle, Revenue Magazine Forum, Couponer's Corner, Test Purchases, ParasiteWare

Search Engine Insight
    Google, MSN, Yahoo, AOL, Other SEs, Pay Per Click Search

Programming / Coding
    C3Scripts, Scripts4yoursite, DesignerWiz, Programming Corner, DataFeeds, Webmerge

Then the listing of the Merchant and Network forums below
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Smile
    Haiko:

Looks like a winner. After looking over the list, I have to ask - will you be doing a best of 2004?

I like it!

And maybe put all the closed forums down at the very bottom.

Ebudae

Looks good to me, it contains lots of the stuff that would interest affiliates and grab thier eyes. Get ready for a new surge in memberships.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Yup it looks good. The FP of ABW is the main difference between any other board and ABW. At one glance it gives you picture of everything. Specially the "New Post" feature on FP is a great utility.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

I like the "search engine insight" changes! This is the future of the ecommerce, so it needs more attention.

One suggestion would be to add anotherone, something like "Search engines Optimization Strategies".

You could probably toss out the Best of 2003 since the results were basically thrown out anyway. Everything else looks cool

Just my 2 &cent;
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Yes, the FP was great. Many times I refered to it.

Also, reminder about the suggestion to separate the OPMs from "Other Ad Networks".

I plan on only disqualifying one category of the Best of '03 - Best Network totally stuffed. The other one that was in question was best program I think, still have to analyze it, but I am going to call that one myself because I know what happened there also. The best of '04 nominations will be started this weekend but voting will not start until I install a hack that only allows people with a minimum of X posts to vote, this should allieviate any stuffing or questionable activities for the '04 vote.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    This really isn't a fp thing, but....

I see that in LS (that has it's own header in place) that the top navigation bars carry through there. When the other Merchant/Network forums get styled with their own headers again it would be great if that would carry over in those also if possible. On poop I would get 'trapped' in some forums with that navigation menu not carrying over in the forum.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Question
    Looks Great Haiko. You could add a real time saver and add-in the best of Mike&Charlie Posts ...link. Real time saver there. Makes it easy to block my rants,raves and roses....or catch up quick on what's happening. Just watch out for the hooks. I miss my Duck and Master baiter icons. The Newbee Tag makes me warm and fuzzy all over again like a virgin.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Old Forums on Bottom
    - And maybe put all the closed forums down at the very bottom.

I heartily agree with that. There are a few too many old and dead forums scattered all over the place. Putting the dead forums on the bottom in their own little category will greatly help "clean up" things and make it far easier to find new forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellie aka Ms. B
    This really isn't a fp thing, but....

I see that in LS (that has it's own header in place) that the top navigation bars carry through there. When the other Merchant/Network forums get styled with their own headers again it would be great if that would carry over in those also if possible. On poop I would get 'trapped' in some forums with that navigation menu not carrying over in the forum.
    Yep they will, I tested that and some other issues on personalization of forums with the LS forum, but all forums will have the top nav bars.

Re the dead (closed forums) they are going straight to the archives, won't even be listed on the FP.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    > separate the OPMs from "Other Ad Networks

Thanks Haiko! Looks perfect.

All OPM's, you can now thank Haiko as merchants can find you with ease.

http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=236

TY Jorge,

Miles away from what I want to do, much less the placement but we are getting there.

Each OPM will have a forum for each of the merchants they mange under their forum and a link to that forum (in the OPM's category) under the network or appropriate heading on the front page (yet to be finished). I'm getting there, just gimmie a few more, damn learning curves LOL
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    How about an area that's all Haiko - a forum where we can chat with you. When I first came, I had problems PM'ing you. When I won the t-shirt, I think it fell through the cracks because of a delay, on my part, of PM'ing you. Seems like the "ABestWeb Affiliate Academy" might be a good place or the "Newbie FAQs" or "Feedback".

In any case, with such a large community, it seems to me that there needs to be a very, very obvious place to talk to YOU about ABW and any needs or problems that arise. Would also be a nice place for you to tell us about upcoming changes, events, specials you run, posting issues, bans, reminders on behavior and more.

Right!

I think Haiko should log into chat and be available for an hour each week so we can all assault him at will.

This, of course, should be highly publicized on the top navigation.

There should also be regularly scheduled celebrity chats once a month or so which should be well publicized with a note taker who will provide a summary of the discussion posted to ABW for those not in attendance.

Also, there should be volunteer "greeters" in chat at all times just to say hello to anyone who arrives. Nothing is more off putting than an empty chat room.

This of course would require some kind of a team or one highly motivated person to get it going and I don't know if there is enough interest to drum up volunteers. But, it could be a nifty project for someone who has the interest. Any frustrated would be disk jockeys out there?

Chat is a very under used resource of this board.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread