Hi everyone,

i am trying my hand at building a site from a datafeed and i am looking at buying webmerge after reading all the talk about it here. I checked out DB2HTML Express as well and it does look a bit more flexible to me (e.g. it has a query builder?), but i guess if ABW unanimously recommends WM, i will probably go with that.

Anyway, my question is, if i build a website with webmerge from a current datafeed, if the datafeed is updated next week i will have to rebuild the pages and reupload everything. (I don't know any scripting languages yet keep in mind...) Is there a way to only regenerate those pages/records that changed since the last feed?

Thanks in advance,
    Katalin

<a href="http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=548608979&f=179600589&m=5876081315&r=1086034915#1086034915">My goals for 2004</a>

I don't think that's possible Katalin - but webmerge generates pages so quickly it is easier to just run the whole feed and build the entire site again.

The only problem is the time it takes to upload the entire rebuilt site ...

If however, the page header and footer etc is the same on your new pages - and there won't be any broken links between old and new pages - you could just upload your new pages - nice and easy!

The time involve is to get teh feed to add keywords, titles, headings and so forth.

Of course, if you don't want any of those, data feeds are a piece of cake.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSanf:
    The time involve is to get teh feed to add keywords, titles, headings and so forth.

Of course, if you don't want any of those, data feeds are a piece of cake.

__Mr.Merchant,_ if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!_
    __Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?q=Y&a=...76006894&p=1__ Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sure they are... opne you figure them out...

And, that's the bottom line because it's my2cents!

Thanks for the replies! I guess i'll have to figure out how to choose only the new pages and upload those only.

&lt;a href="http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=548608979&f=179600589&m=5876081315&r=1086034915#1086034915"&gt;My goals for 2004&lt;/a&gt;

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread