ABW Ambassador
    Speed up Firefox
    For those of you using Firefox, I just came across this on the Warriors
    forum, if you are on a high speed connection this will make your
    connection lightning fast:

How good is this advice? I'm comfortable with the speed of Firefox as is and would hate to mess anything up.

ABW Ambassador
    Many of the people on the Warriors forum have made the changes and are happy, and
    I also tried it myself and do have to say everything is coming up very fast for me.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    I'll have our Office FireFox nut try it out first to see how it works... then if he doesn't start screaming in pain I'll give it a go ;o)

Well, I just tried and it really works, I did see significant difference. Till now its working fine with no problems.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

i tried it .. not sure if its improved my speed much .. seems more-or-less the same to me

ABW Ambassador
    Since I posted the first message here about how to speed up Firefox, someone has
    also posted on the Warriors Forum about how to speed up Internet Explorer. To be
    honest, I am on a high speed connection and the pages load very fast for me no
    matter which browser I use, but I have gone to a couple of sites that always load a
    little slower and after making this change to IE I do have to say that I think IE is
    actually just a little faster than Firefox for me with these sites. I don't know, maybe
    it's because I'm so used to it, but I still like my IE better. Here is the change that
    was posted:

Since Internet Explorer complies with HyperText Protocol v1.1, browsers usually only draw two streams or less from a Web server. We are going to increase that from two streams to six. This should enable you to browse much faster. To begin:

1. Click Start | Run.
    2. Type regedit and click OK.
    3. Expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER, then Software, Microsoft, Windows, CurrentVersion.
    4. Click on Internet Settings to view its contents.
    5. Check Regedit's right-hand column for the following two lines (values):
    6. If these values are present, right-click on the first value (MaxConnectionsPerServer), select Modify from the drop-down menu, click Decimal, and set the Value data field to 6. Repeat this process for the second value (MaxConnectionsPerl_OServer).
    7. If these lines (values) are not listed, right-click on the white region of Regedit's right-hand column, click New, and then click DWORD Value.
    8. Enter MaxConnectionsPerServer for the name of the new DWORD Value and press Enter. The new value should now appear in Regedit's right-hand column.
    9. Right-click the new value and click Modify.
    10. As in step six, click Decimal and set the Value Data field to 6, then click OK.
    11. Repeat steps seven through 10 using MaxConnectionsPerl_OServer as the new DWORD Value name instead of MaxConnectionsPerServer.
    12. You are done. Close Regedit and test Internet Explorer.

ABW Ambassador
    Regarding changing the settings on Firefox, I just read on another forum that the
    pipelining.maxrequests is hardcoded at 8, so even if you set it to a higher number,
    it will still be at 8.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread