Domain Reg. & Web Hosting
    Are there any disadvantages/advantages of Registering a Domain with one Company and hosting it with another? e.g. registering a domain name with "abc" and hosting the site with "xyz".

Any suggestions that I need to keep in mind before I do so?

Much Appreciated!!!
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

Please anyone? Need advice as I am holding on to registering a Domain but first need someone to enlighten me.

I know this is a easy one for most ABWers except me................lol
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

I like to register with godaddy.com or similar and then do the hosting with poweb or similar, that way I pay $7.95 to register and I make over $90.00 in commission by using one of the web hosting companies that I promote to my visitors.

Sal.

Thanks Mr. Sal for your reply. So that means to say it can be done and there is no harm in choosing two different companies for domain and hosting. Just wanted to confirm this.

Thanks again! Much appreicated!

I have never used the same company for both things, except when I was on AOL.

I second what Mr. Sal said. I think godaddy now by default puts a lock on your registration, so be sure to unlock it before trying to update any of the hosting info.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread