Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Can anyone tell me what this third world ahole is up to?
    After looking up my site at ask.com i found this site which has my whole site on it.

http://www.gearshopping.com.1bu.com/

what is this jerk up to?

Allen

Picking up usernames, passwords, and email addresses?
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

15 years and counting
    Pretty bad. You have to act fast, it can cost you your ranking in Google. The best is to find his host, more likely around shenzhen, Guangdong, China.
    Do you still have your own affiliate ids or did they switch them? In a case like that I'm sure the networks can deactivate them but it's not enough.
    I've been pretty successful sendind C&D letters to many hosts even in third world countries but not yet in China. Good luck, feel sorry for you.

ABW Ambassador
    The ip belongs to china, as well as the owner. Have fun trying to get this closed down. But of course, affiliate programs shouldn't ban countries that don't follow the bern convention - oh no...

Chet

You all might want to check yours adding ".1ibu.com" after yourdomain.com

he's got one of ours too and I will be checking other domain of ours. the source that is showing is the same as ours he just added .1ibu.com

This is messed up!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

he copied the whole sites! what the @#@$%Q%$^&^^!!!!!!!

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

I'm not so sure it can do anything to hurt your Google ranking. I think Google says, if you believe them, that there's almost nothing someone else can do to hurt your site. It would be too easy to sabotage your competition otherwise. For any penalty that may occur because of duplicate content, it would happen to the newest version. That said, it doesn't mean he won't get some benefit from all your work. That might hurt you a little because someone found his copied version of your site and not your original site, but that effect on you is probably minimal.

I would still do what you could to shut the guy down. Complain loudly to whomever will listen. Send an email to his host in very simple English (just "my site copied" and the addresses, or something like that). You could also use a computer translator to add a Chinese version of the letter. They will get the message. Will they care is another question. Tney might not care now, but China will have to start playing by international rules soon. (they currently don't in a lot of areas, of course)

You're not alone.
    Check this: http://www.webdesigntalk.net/showthread.php?t=65094
    Its worth reading through the thread for some ideas of what is happening.
    A search at google for .1bu.com is revealing.
    Here's another link: http://www.seo-guy.com/forum/showthr...?t=3957&page=5
    Eat Less. Move More. :cool:

ABW Ambassador
    They cloned my ENTIRE site!!! No wonder my traffic from google vanished!!!
    http://www.womanht.com.1bu.com/
    How can I take action against them? How do I find their webhost or the relevant authorities to take action against them?

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    It's a proxy server with filter, that's all.

If you don't like it just block their IP from access to your website.

I find it handy to test if my "block all access from China" setting is working or not.

I had a friend of mine who speaks chinese visit 1bu.com he said its a proxy server and a portal. I think you guys may be over reacting.

Edit Drewbert beat me to it.

Avum do you know that Google for what I've read here penalize sites that is clone?

This person could be one of the competition that is doing it so sites of all of us can be
    penalized from duplicate content! Minimize affect is not what I see here and the human behaviour like this person did is wrong. It also affect your domain because the links that he had is dead links if you click on it.

I think this person does this for the domain to be penalized in alot of ways!

and I also think that they are here right now lurking because the sites is not showing now!

ball bounce back remember that!

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Their IP if you want to block them: 202.96.140.119

Other domains under the same IP:
    <TABLE border=1><TBODY><TR><TD>Website</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#f1f1f1><TD>www.1bu.com</TD></TR><TR><TD>www.1bu.net</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#f1f1f1><TD>www.21seek.com</TD></TR><TR><TD>www.23cc.info</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#f1f1f1><TD>www.8u8.com</TD></TR><TR><TD>www.8u8.net</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#f1f1f1><TD>www.8u8.org</TD></TR><TR><TD>www.9uu9.com</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#f1f1f1><TD>www.Gyqt.com</TD></TR><TR><TD>www.Leadad.com</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#f1f1f1><TD>www.Sz8u8.com</TD></TR><TR><TD>www.Y365.com</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#f1f1f1><TD>www.Y365.org</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    It's up now, and they've got at least one of my sites!

It's a proxy server with filter, that's all.~Drewbert
    Errr...Plain English please? And what makes that a "that's all" situation?

If you don't like it just block their IP from access to your website.

I find it handy to test if my "block all access from China" setting is working or not.
    How? And how do I do a "block all access from China" deal?

(Edited to add) I'd like to do it from the server-side rather than on a per-site basis...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Well whatever this China connection is, 2 of my sites are there as well. Weird!!!

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Kellie!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Thanks to Google Translation (Chinese-->English), here's this from their front page, which may explain better:

One step filters the function: You add on the.1bu.com visit behind the existing website, may filter out above FLASH and so on, is advantageous for your use. If you are the website host, does not hope your website is filtered the visit, may apply the cancellation 1bu.com filters the function: You add in the back of existing websites.1bu.Com is visited, can filter FLASH above, etc., benefits your use. If you are a network station owner, do not hope your websites are filtered and visited, can apply to cancel
    In better English: Basically they seem to be telling their viewers to stick ".1bu.com" on the end of any site they want to visit, if they want Flash etc. to be filtered. And, if you don't want your site "filtered" they want you to apply to cancel.

Seems like *every* site will come up if you put .1bu.com after it, then.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Yeah it's basically a proxy server filter ma bob thingy.
    Doesn't change any of your tracking code or remove ads. Just removes flash/java etc.

ABW Ambassador
    For now. How do we know if they might overwrite our codes with theirs, or superimpose their ads over ours in the future?

The impact on our sites, like the duplicate content penalty that could be imposed on our sites is the most worrying thing at the moment.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    >The impact on our sites, like the duplicate content penalty that could be imposed
    >on our sites is the most worrying thing at the moment.

Right. And what's probably the only way Google is going to find it to index it? - If you start posting - to discussion boards - the 1bu.com domain that brings your site up on their system. If you don't do that, Google is unlikely to know it exists.

Check your web logs for referrals from 1bu.com.

But check out the PR on google.1bu.com :^)

would google.com consider this a DCMA violation and react in our favor?

{edited to add}
    but is this also a service to help those on extremely slow third-world connections to see our sites without flash problems?

too bad most of them can't order through us. or . . . maybe?

Seems like politically or other wise objectionable materials, being filtered. Thank God. As I have 5 sites on their list.

ABW Ambassador
    Wink
    Right, can Haiko or someone remove the hyperlinks from that domain so we don't end up promoting them on this board

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    I don't think it is as big a problem as a lot of people, myself included, first thought. It is purely a proxy system that automatically picks up any site you plug into it in real time. Replacing link IDs would require specific programming for each individual site being proxied and is therefore a neglible threat.

I am sure the SEs are aware of this and many other proxies and would deal with them appropriately.
    [url=http://www.dWoz.com/][b]dWoz[/b][/url] - serious webmaster tools & resources.

ABW Ambassador
    I did an ip address ban on 202.96.140.119 but my site can still be seen on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast