GoDaddy - AutoRenewal
    FYI to anyone using GoDaddy as their registrar. Apparently, they decided to do me a favor and turn on auto-renewal on 23 of my domains without telling me. When I register my domains, I make sure to turn that fetaure off. I know this is a helpfull feature, but I choose when to renew my domains and when not to.

Anyhow, I was planning on letting some domains drop this month and since they turned that feature on, I get hit with a renewal. Luckily for me, there was only one name expiring this week. I would advise everyone to check and make sure your setttings are what you left them at.

Chris
    Recycled Talent - Architects of custom scripts and snippets, perfectly written to suit any need. We stay on top of the latest technology so you don't have to.
    Total Stupidity - Shining light on stupid things.

Thanks for the notice. I will have a look.

I have had myine on auto new for 2 years imagine when Got the email today telling me that I have not renewed the domain. There is something flawed in their system somewhere. Luckily I had a day before it expired and could save it but there will be a ton of people that will lose their domain.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

I've never had any problems with godaddy. I have some domains on auto renew, and others not. I also receive about 3 emails per domain when they are coming close to renewal. I think they are 60/30/15 day notices. Always a good thing to check those emails and log into your account from time to time. One thing that I haven't done yet, is sync up all my domains to renew at the same time. Seems like that would be the route to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    I've never had any problems with godaddy. I have some domains on auto renew, and others not. I also receive about 3 emails per domain when they are coming close to renewal. I think they are 60/30/15 day notices. Always a good thing to check those emails and log into your account from time to time. One thing that I haven't done yet, is sync up all my domains to renew at the same time. Seems like that would be the route to go.
    Ditto what you said Spencer.. I'm a reseller for Godaddy and all of the domains that anyone has registered through me get the three notices.. I know this because they usually call me wondering why they get it. After the first few calls I changed my defaults to have all new accounts default to auto-renew..

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread