Adding site to CJ
    I'm asking this question about CJ, but I suppose it could apply to other services as well.

If you are already a CJ affiliate and want to open a new website, can you just start using CJ links on the new site or do you have to get an "ok" from CJ before you start doing it? For example, I'd like to start using CJ links on a new niche market-targeted site right away, and I'd like to use those links largely as the content of the site (sort of like the mall concept employed by other CJ users). Is this ok?

Thanks,

-A

Arcadius,

I have read that on CJ, if you have an account there you can add more sites to that account but, when you join a merchant under one domain name, you will get the links with the code for that domain only and that if you want to use the same merchant on another domain, you must tell that merchant so they will give you the link with a different code number to use in the other web site.

I am not 100% sure but, that's what I believe is the rule.

You may get a better and faster answer if you post this question on the CJ forum, not too many people will find a CJ question on this Newbie FAQs forum.

Sal.

Once you join you can add CJ links on any site with the same code.

If you want to track sales by each site, you can add the individual sites to your CJ account and get a different ID# to use in the code for each site in your account.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    when you join a merchant under one domain name, you will get the links with the code for that domain only and that if you want to use the same merchant on another domain, you must tell that merchant so they will give you the link with a different code number to use in the other web site.
    That's how BeFree works.

At CJ, just go to Account-->Web Site Settings
    Somewhere on that page is an "add new site" link. It's above the site info box...

Click that. A form will pop up (you may need to turn off your popup blocker). Fill out the form; hit Submit. Let the screen refresh...Presto you should have a PID for the new site. Expect the CJ Network Quality bot to pop by the site right away (you'll see it in your logs)...at least it always does with me.

If you don't get a PID right away, CJ's system may be a bit backed up. Wait until it generates a site-specific PID if you want to be able to track which site is doing what. But lately I haven't had to wait at all.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Thanks for the hlep, all. I got a new PID for the new site I have up. I'll be putting links on there later today using that PID. Since I wanted to build the site up using a lot of affiliate links to begin with, I may have to go mostly with merchants who automatically activate.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread