Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Affiliate Network Rep
    SynergyAnalytics TM Discussion with LinkShare
    Hi,

I want to introduce myself to everyone. My name is Dave and I work for LinkShare Corporation and lead the team responsible for the design of the SynergyAnalytics TM applications. I’d like to invite you to participate in the discussion threads I will be hosting here, starting Wednesday 1/26/2005 to examine the various reports and analysis available within SynergyAnalytics TM.

My goal for these discussions will be to discuss with you the new and exciting direction LinkShare is driving the market with SynergyAnalytics TM, discuss how you can utilize these tools to grow your business, and answer questions you may have regarding our new applications. I invite you to participate in these discussions and I appreciate your feedback and interest in our applications. Thanks.

Dave@SynergyAnalytics

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    My direct experience with merchants running redirect Datamining, or cookied datamining, applications is these cause havac with the affiliates sales tracking cookie. You cannot expect the fragile LS tracking system to cope with another layer of datamining as you complile multiple stats for side deal SEO/SEM and keyword buying services. What can this package offer me trying to figure how Overstock went from a 1/70 conversion ratio in December to a 1/580 ratio in January?

Maybe it your new datamining application placed on top of Overstocks dataming app + their various cookied popups coming from some new shopping cart application.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

discuss how you can utilize these tools to grow your business, and answer questions you may have
    The best way you can help all your honest affiliates to grow their business is to remove all the parasites and cookie stuffing scum that seem to abound on your Network.

How the hell can you expect honest affiliates to help you to make more money by selling our statistics to the highest bidders which are usually the parasites and you do nothing to prevent them stealing our commissions?

The mind boggles at your outright cheek.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Be glad to discuss. Simply purchase me a new operating system prior to 1/26 because you won't let me see anything with WindowsME, or my browser.

Or... you can give back the stats I COULD see and COULD put to use at RevTrends

OK, OK. I busted your chops enough! Case of residual built-up resentment for your company.

Welcome (really!!) and thanks for coming. And good luck Dave

Simply put data mining, nuff said. I mean my God they have years to implement, consolidated payments, direct deposit. And what do they come up with? Christ these guy's are weasels. Ask yourself what does this do for me as an affiliate? You were right on the first thought ZERO, NOTHING, Zilch

I may be wrong. Please correct me!

ABW Ambassador
    I read about the consolidated cheques in a thread further down. That puts linkshare in a totally different, positive light. It shows that linkshare does listen to the needs of affiliates and does care.

How do i modify my previous post? Or can someone delete it?

If this SynergyAnalytics reporting tool is necessary for the consolidated cheques, then I'm for it.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Womanht,

Deleted per your request. On VB you have I believe 15 minutes to be able to edit a post before the Edit option disappears. See here: http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=37

<OT NOTE>
    I saw the post and didn't see anything wrong with it, but thank you Kellie for deleting it.
    </OT NOTE>
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    (OT)
    Haiko,

I've sent a PM...
    (/OT)
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    Mike makes a good point.

If you could, please begin with an example from the Target.com and Walmart.com programs. Use the analytics to show why Walmart simply dominated Target this holiday season in top-ten toy conversions.

This is a serious request. If the stats can help out with that on a day-to-day basis we would sell a lot more particularly in the heat of Christmas shopping.

Show us that it is not just pretty graphs.

As a merchant, I find the Synergy Reports to give good data but it takes a very long time to get to the data. Just to run a MTD Sales and Activity Report takes numerous clicks and filters. Before you could just hit a button and the report would show up.

That's what I'm seeing as an affiliate, too. It seems very counterproductive. Select that starting year (defaults to 1997!!!). Click Next. Select the starting quarter. Click Next. Select the starting month. Click Next. Select the starting date. Click Next. Select the ending year. Click Next. Select the ending quarter. Click Next. Select the ending month. Click Next. Select the ending date. Click Next. Select more options. Wait for the report to generate.

If they want to see a truly intuitive, fast interface with useful data, they need to look at AffTrack.com.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

"I will be hosting here, starting Wednesday 1/26/2005 to examine the various reports and analysis available within SynergyAnalytics"

Isn't that TODAY!! Did I miss it????

Affiliate Network Rep
    Welcome to the SynergyAnalytics TM Discussion

I want to begin by saying I appreciate your interest in our product and your feedback during these sessions. My goal is to introduce the new SynergyAnalytics TM affiliate application, discuss our vision and direction, discuss how and why this application benefits you, answer your questions, and get your feedback.

As I mentioned in my first post, I lead the team responsible for the design of the SynergyAnalytics TM application. My area of expertise is focused on these applications and while I am sure you have important and valid questions regarding other LinkShare applications I will not be able to address anything outside of SynergyAnalytics TM.

The SynergyAnalytics TM applications provide in-depth reporting and analysis that is organized by business process. The SynergyAnalytics TM applications allow you to view information organized in one or more pages. These pages appear as tabs across the top of the application and can display anything that is accessible with your Web browser, such as SynergyAnalytics TM reports and analysis, images, charts, tables, text, and links to Web sites and documents. The SynergyAnalytics TM applications have five main areas, which correspond to the main business processes: Overview, Offer Analysis, Network Transaction Analysis, and Consumer Analysis, and Partner Analysis. The reports and analysis in each of these areas are customized so that they return only the information that pertains to a given user.

What does this mean to affiliates?

We recognize that affiliate success is a critical component to the health of our company and we want to help you grow your business by providing in-depth business intelligence at the Right Time. In order to accomplish this task we have decided to go beyond providing data dumps in the form of transactional reports and provide actionable analysis through our analytical applications. Our goal is to present new insight into your operations without your having to spending time extracting, processing and analyzing large volumes of data.

The application looks better but I don’t see much difference. Where is this analysis you keep talking about?

You’re right. What we have done is to initially replicate our transactional reporting system. We have also provided a few new analyses that to give you an example of the direction we are going. Our approach is two-fold; first we needed to dedicate the majority of our time and resources to designing and building a scalable infrastructure to support our user base. During the beta phase, this will be an ongoing effort as we analyze and optimize for environment to provide the best performance. Second, we wanted to ease the transition to the new application. We plan to continually rollout more in-depth analyses in the coming weeks and months. As we learn more about your needs we will to incorporate them into our application as new analyses using industry best practices and key performance indicators.

I see a lot of new areas in the application. What are they for and how do they benefit me?

We built the application around the different business processes. We did this so we can provide insight into different areas of your LSN program. The transactional reporting application only provides data on you network transactions (impressions, clicks, sales, etc...) This is important but only answers the question, what happened? We want you to be able to answer, what happened, when, and why. The Overview area hosts high level reports/analysis that are intended for provide a summary view of the data. The reports/analysis in this area provide affiliates with a high level status of where there LSN program is at a given point in time. The Offer Analysis area provides detailed reports/analysis of the affiliate’s participation and status in merchant programs. The Network Transaction Analysis area provides multiple detailed reports/analysis that allows affiliates to gauge their performance by multiple business dimensions including Link Types, Revenue, Clicks, and Impressions. The Consumer Analysis area provides information on the affiliate’s customer base, such as repeat customer analysis. The Partner Analysis area details the affiliate’s relationships with merchants including a ranking of partners by revenue.

Can you explain the new analyses?

There are three analyses that I would like to concentrate on, Consumer Analysis, Payment Distribution, and the Current vs. Year Ago Comparison.

The consumer analysis, in my opinion, is one of the most critical indicators that we currently provide. This analysis provides you with the ability to determine the number of repeat customers vs. new customers, their percentage of sales and their order volume by date. It shows your new customer acquisition versus your customer loyalty within the LSN for a given time period. This is a key indicator to determine if your site is attracting new customers, retain customers, or losing customers to other affiliates. Think about it this way, if you have a high number of repeat customers, you probably have a high value add that is causing your visitors to come back to you time and again. If however you see lots of new customers and not a lot of repeat customers, it may be a sign that your value proposition is not high enough to make a buyer think of your site before buying. Another way to look at the data is to see if sales are decreasing, yet repeat users are high, then you may be losing customers to a site that has more to offer, and/or your recruitment efforts are lacking. Again, this report can offer you different ways to view the value add that you provide and offer early insight into behavior that might affect your long term revenue opportunities and growth.

The payment distribution provides detailed analysis of all payments ranked from highest to lowest commission paid. This analysis presents a monthly view of all your partners ranked by payment amount and provides valuable insight into which partners to feature based on season, determine which partners are growing, and which are fading. Think about this report as a way of also looking at seasonality across your partners. Because you can run long reports and see how different merchants have ranked over different months, you can begin to see how seasonality might impact your merchant mix or product mix. This report can also help you to identify areas where you need to focus more time on outside of the top group of merchants. Merchants in the middle of your revenue mix might not get the bulk of your attention, but may have faster growth rates. This report helps you find the growth players early on to help you identify who you might want to put more effort into. Again, this report can be used to identify different transactional information that you might not have paid attention to in the past.

The Current vs. Year Ago provides you with the ability to track your main factual transaction metrics for a given period and compare it to the same period of the previous year. This allows you to compare your current performance to that of the previous year and can be used to determine your goals and how you are meeting those goals. This simple report is just a nice gut check to see how you are doing without the need for a lot of work. As we roll out more reports we will offer more reports that look into time series as another means of measuring performance.

Let me stop here to allow you to ask questions on what I have just discussed. I know that this is a lot to start with, but I would ask that we keep the discussion around these topics so that it will be easy for anyone joining us to follow. I should also say that I am happy to answer any questions you might have with the technology itself.

Dave

<Admin Note>
    Dialogue people, OT and accusatory or otherwise defamatory posts will be removed and bans or warnings will be issued
    </Admin Note>
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

15 years and counting
    Great explanations, Dave. I've learned a lot already from your consumer analysis and I need to work on that.
    This is a powerful tool, I knew you had all that data available. With this information in the wrong hands, you can ruin my business anytime. How can I be sure this information is secure and will not end up with the wrong merchants or the wrong affiliates. You understand why I can't trust some of Mr. Messer's friends.

The consumer analysis is certainly interesting, but would be much more useful if we could also narrow it down to a single merchant.

I don't see any value whatsoever in the Offer Analysis. Why would I care what percent of merchants accepted my application? Much more useful would be an analysis of changes in commission rates and/or return days.

Could you also address the criteria selection for reports? It's very time consuming when you have to... Select that starting year (which defaults to 1997!!!). Click Next. Select the starting quarter. Click Next. Select the starting month. Click Next. Select the starting date. Click Next. Select the ending year. Click Next. Select the ending quarter. Click Next. Select the ending month. Click Next. Select the ending date. Click Next. Select more options. Wait for the report to generate. Even Linkshare's current reporting is FAR easier than that.

Some other very useful metrics to measure over time: EPC, Conversion Ratio, Average Order Size.

I realize it's a work in process and that this is the very first version, but it's not even close to being useful yet.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Can you post screen shots so I can follow along - WindowsME and Netscape were excluded

Affiliate Network Rep
    I wanted to add one quick note. I know many people have asked about browser support for the SynergyAnalytics TM applications. As you know we currently only support the following

Windows XP: Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0
    Windows NT 4.0: Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5, 6.0
    Windows 2000: Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5, 6.0

The application can be accessed with other browsers or platforms however formatting, functionality, and stability may be affected. Even though we currently only support IE please rest assured that we are working hard at expanding our browser. At the time development of this application began, IE had a 98% share of the browser market we are working towards supporting additional platforms and browsers. Thanks.

Dave

Affiliate Network Rep
    Zeus,

Thanks for the feedback. We realize and appreciate the sensitivity of the information contained in this application. Information security is among our highest priorities and we are employing industry best practices to ensure security for our users. As you may have noticed, the information in these reports and analyses are limited by user.

Dave

"The application can be accessed with other browsers or platforms however formatting, functionality, and stability may be affected."

I just tried... here's what I get...

The SynergyAnalytics product currently only support Internet Explorer 5.0 and above. Click here to return to the affiliate interface

Affiliate Network Rep
    Michael Coley

Thanks for the feedback. This is the initial release and there will be more in-depth analysis to come. We are looking into ways to enhance the usability of the application, especially the area you mentioned, having to navigate through a series of column prompts.

Please realize that not all users will find value in every report or analysis. We have a very wide user base with many different business models and we need to support them all. Thanks.

Dave

15 years and counting
    Thanks for the answer, Dave. Beyond the accessibility of the data I was concerned also by the possibility to sell that information in an aggregate form or not. I didn't like at all AffTrack idea to do that.

In the Offer Management Analysis I don't see the commission %, there's a Tier 1 Comm. Rate with 0.00%. What's that?
    There's a problem each time we're getting an email with a change in our relationship with a merchant, we never know what's the change, commission level, Offer Dur. Days or other. We have to log in and have to remember what was the previous offer. Your report can fill a gap.

I found it slow and difficult to get information I was looking for. Then when I did get it, I could not easily understand it or it was missing what I thought it was going to show me.

I think someone did a great job of show how many ways you can crunch numbers, but I'd prefer the current system. You guys are just going to gum up the works trying to offer us every possible analytical graph, chart and report there is. Keep It Simple!

As an affiliate that uses several different networks and many independents I have my own stats tracking and reporting methods. I don't need to dig that deep into my stats to know what is working and what is not. I might look at this system a couple times a year, but I want a simple method for my day to day reporting and tracking.

Just my opinion.

Just let you know that I still couldn't login to your system.
    Windows XP SP2, IE6 with default setting.

Unable to Log In
    An unexpected error has occurred in SynergyAnalytics. Please re-try your request at a later time.
    Error Details
    Error Codes: OPR4ONWY
    Location: saw.threads, saw.threadPool, saw.threadPool, saw.rpc.server.socketServer, saw.rpc.server, saw.rpc.server.responder, saw.httpserver.request, saw.connectionPool.getConnection
    File: connection.cpp, Line: 309

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast