ABW Ambassador
    Angry Lending Tree wants traffic only, not affiliates
    Looks like Lending Tree wants our traffic only, and doesn't want to share any commish with us.

Not only do their cj links open up a page with a glaring "Speak to a Rep" ...

BUT TAKE NOTE OF THIS: if you come from their front page (and not an affiliate link) and go to that same landing page, the page will load starting from the beginning of the online form and therefore pushes the "talk to the rep" upwards and out of sight.

That means that the "Talk to the Rep" portion was intentionally made for affiliate links.

And take note again. If you want to link to their main page only (where the links bypass the "talk to the rep" portions), guess again? you can't!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Just a low down diversion tactic to go along with their lame creative links.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    yup!

and i forgot to add. when the "talk to the rep" is showing, you can't even see the online submission form below. it's below the flap. users would then likely think that the "talk to the rep" is the only thing to do.

these diversion tactics are really zeroing in on their affiliate links. the're right on the money. no doubt about it.

If you aren't satisfied with LendingTree, I might suggest checking out America's Lending Partners on CJ. They have pretty good payouts, and they don't try to scam their affiliates out of rightfully earned commission.
    [FONT=Verdana]Chris Gates[/FONT]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I can't ever remember receiving a check from Lending Tree in 6 years. I got a two page creative up they offered years ago. When it got lot's of clicks it was because I linked to that section from my main traffic pages... www.ecomcity.com/lendingtree.htm with tracking by BeFree.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by cgates
    If you aren't satisfied with LendingTree, I might suggest checking out America's Lending Partners on CJ. They have pretty good payouts, and they don't try to scam their affiliates out of rightfully earned commission.
    You are exactly right. American Lending Partners just loves to reverse commissions constantly upwards towards about 90%. They found a different way to scam affiliates.

While programs like LowCostLending and LowerMyBills never seem to have that problem. I haven't seen a reversal for LCL or LMB in over... well never.

Another good one is Savings.com. They, too, love to click that "reversal" button.

nevemind.. I see now.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread