Ergonomic Relief
    Have read posts in the past about people having body problems from computing all day. Next to a great chair you deserve a great keyboard tray. Just got my new one yesterday and have to say it is fantastic. Thought it was a bit on the expensive side but my arms hurt so I bought it anyway. Well worth the price. You can raise and tilt it to all different angles. The best part is the mouse tray on the side can be adjusted independently and can slide over so it floats over the number keys. Gets it in nice and close if you are doing lots of image work in photoshop or whatever. I now have very happy hands! 3M Adjustable Keyboard Tray Best price I found was at Securemart.com Now I need to find an affiliate merchant that has a great price on these.

Best thing I have found is a track ball. Takes getting used to but you don't have your arm floating in space all day like with a regular mouse. A folded towel under your elbow helps, too.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I use an ergonomic keyboard and an optical minnie mouse with scroll button. The smaller size of the mouse fits my hand better. My arm/wrist hardly moves at all - just my fingers. The change to these devices about a year ago alleviated pain I was having in my wrist - almost immediately.

My ergonomic solution was to buy my first heating pad yesterday. I feel so old!
    But are you still master of your domain?

When I first acquired a PC at home about the same time as at work I got a stiff wrist after a month or two.

So I then printed off a list of all the windows short cut key combination, left it by the keyboard and then started to use the short cuts on a regular basis so that I was always alternating between mouse and keys, and the wrist problem went away.

So don't forget that keyboard shortcuts are a good way for give your mouse muscles a rest from time to time.

This might not work for everyone but it definitely worked for me.

Les

Wink
    "When I first acquired a PC at home about the same time as at work I got a stiff wrist after a month or two."

"Ergonomic relief"

Ah.... the web is all things to all men....

Since a couple of years, after I noticed some first signs of possible RSI, I use a trackball and a Wacom Graphire Tablet. Both take time to get used too but they're great. I never had body problems anymore.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread