Well I decided to make a datafeed script that will work with all of my befree.com affiliates. I'm doing this by exporting the text file into mysql using navicat.

And I wanted to know what makes a good datafeed script?

Should I just make it display everything or have various categories and allow the user to search each category.

Any ideas are greatly apreciated.

What I have done so far is located here
    http://www.hardwaregeeks.com/test/testes.php

I'm working on it now so if you get a mysql error or anything instead of product list thats why.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> sufian doesn't know how to code, that's why i'm here <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> This is something like what my English buddy says to me.

Thanks a bunch you know who you are
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Yeah I put that in there because Sufian the guy helping me do this well one of the guys made an error. And I was teasing him.

well I worked all night and day and this is what I have so far.

http://www.hardwaregeeks.com/test

You will do all that work and end up with nothing in the long run.

Norton and the like will kill those bfast links and nothing will show. Creating a script to work with your data feed is only the tip on the iceberg. You need to make sure those links are converted into your own domain name link, or all this is for nothing!

ha I thought I set a redirect type thing up. I will fix that now.

Don't forget to work up a crone for the auto feeds

Sandra,

I have a datafeed application and need to add a link cloaker to it. I noticed you have a jump.cgi script in your "Googies" sites. Is that something you coded yourself or did you pick it up somewhere. I would be interested in something similar.

Thanks,
    Bo

Its a plug-in for a program I purchased.

Why I like this program - plug-ins can be created by myself or others. Plug-ins take the place of chronic upgrades!

Sandra,

Thanks. After posting I investigated how to do the link cloaking and figured out a way to integrate in into my BuyItBomb application. I haven't completed it yet, but I should be able to link to myself and redirect to the merchant product of interest.

I like the sites you have put together. What are you using to handle the datafeeds?

Bo

Mikey,

I have just recently developed a script to use with a datafeed and it was extremely helpful to have a category field.

Depending on how many items will be included in the datafeed, I would recommend breaking down the categories even further with multiple sub-categories.

Also, to make the datafeed more flexible for future updates, use a consistent method for displaying sub-categories. Either create one category column and have the sub-categories separated by a special character or, create a separate column for each sub-category. This will allow your Affiliates to create a dynamic site where the categories themselves are dynamically generated and new categories can be added by the merchant without any changes required to the Affiliate site.

Cheers,

Hi Sandra!

I am a complete newbie at this and I am concerned about what you said.
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Norton and the like will kill those bfast links and nothing will show. Creating a script to work with your data feed is only the tip on the iceberg. You need to make sure those links are converted into your own domain name link, or all this is for nothing! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could you possibly PM me and let me know what program you use that you are talking about.

Thanks

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread