Angry BeFree Contact Info - No Phone! No Response
    Lets just make this generic so we do not stir up trouble. BeFree has been having tracking problems with my merchants for several months. Lets just say since they merged with CJ. I noticed that on one of my merchants that I had no clicks (0) Clicks to be more specific. But I had 1500+ visitors on my site searching and viewing my datafeed page linking to this specific vendor for the merchant. The merchant contacted BEFREE, BeFree basically left them hanging for more than a week while I continued to pusue this problem. Both the merchant and BEFREE refuse to give me an answer. I finally got the merchant to come up with another point. If I am showing no clicks (even with the merchant and myself clicking like crazy to test the clicks) then obviously there are no sales - 0 clicks means 0 sales tracked. The reason I am leaving this GENERIC is that my sales with BEFREE have dropped 75% of normal since CJ took over. I am testing and coming up with serious problems on more than one merchant - in fact all my merchants.

And all I hear is - Well none of our other publishers is having this trouble so it must be your site!

Is there any technical people left at BEFREE since Scott left and if so - WE NEED TO TALK! Anyone else having trouble contacting BEFREE or are you getting CJ also and then CJ says "sorry cant help you with BEFAST"

Sales are coming up strong on my low performing networks Linkshare and Performics - what happened to befree and cj. they used to be the top performers for me - great merchants, sad tracking!

Talking
    I believe you now contact CJ. Try calling the call is free and phone numbers are tracking.

Pooper

I've also noticed that since Scott left you just can't get a straight answer to anything. After I sent 3 emails to one of my merchants regarding reporting problems and never got a reply, I sent an email through BeFree only to be told "you should contact the merchant" (and I told them in the message that I had already contacted the merchant but got no response - hence the reason I was contacting the network)! I agree with the Duchess that since the two networks have merged things just don't seem right anymore. Both BF and CJ were my highest converting networks but these days sales leave much to be desired. Of course there is NEVER anything wrong with their tracking (yeah right!).

RANT:

Thanks for the comment:
    I agree with the Duchess that since the two networks have merged things just don't seem right anymore.

I did call CJ Poopie Nubert - that is why I posted here. They told me basically - we do not support BEFAST/BEFREE and there is no phone number to speak to anyone. WHERE IS SCOTT Anyway. He used to be great. CJ probably ran him off.

CJ basically tells me repeatedly it is my site, then why is my traffic back, linkshare doing better than cj and befree put together. The merchant told me they only get tracking info from BEFREE, if BEFREE isn't tracking clicks then how is the merchant suppose to give me credit for SALES.

I've had excellent support from BeFree for the past couple years, but that's primarily because I have an incredible account rep who fields all my questions and gets answers for me. Scott was fantastic, too, but with him gone it's a big loss for BeFree.

I work with many different BeFree merchants, and haven't seen any drop in performance since the acquisition.

As for the problems that the original poster had, it sounds like a link problem. Any time clicks aren't registering, that's about the only thing it could be. Even the most green customer service rep should be able to figure that out.

Dutchess: PM me the details (the name of the merchant and a page where you put their links) if you'd like and I'd be glad to take a look at it for you.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Just to follow up from my PM...

You're looking at the Product Activity report. It shows sales for all products despite the type of link, but will only show clicks for Product links. The links you are using are a different type of link, so the clicks won't show there. They should show up in the Traffic Report, though.

Glad I could help. Maybe I should send BeFree a bill?

BTW, I've emailed BeFree about this thread and recommended that they get someone from the BeFree side of things to check ABW regularly like Scott used to.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks Michael - It would sure help if somebody from BeFree would come in here occasionally to check on posts, as we are basically all groping in the dark when it comes to affiliate support on BF right now. I hope they heed your recommendation

Angry
    I too have been having problems contacting BeFree lately. Up till about 2 or 3 months ago they were very responsive with my datafeed requests. I'd ask for a datafeed to be set up and they'd set it up pretty quick. About 2 or 3 months ago they stopped responding to my emails. I've sent several requests to have datafeeds added to my account and they refuse to respond. I'm using the datafeeds@befree account. If anybody has a better email, please PM me. I'm getting fed up with this.

- Scott

Being new to the affiliate program, I am concerned with what I am reading about BeFree and CJ. Please keep information coming in. It is vitally important to know the status of the ongoing problems. I will personally phone and see if I can get some answers. This is bad business for all affiliates.

P

I haven't put any time into BeFree for a few months because they've yet to respond to any of my emails. I even had some of my merchants try to contact them for assistance, but there was no response. As far as I'm concerned BeFree is dead in the water.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I've been posting here over and over that click total reporting is way off at BeFree for a few merchants I display network generated links for...

No response from ABWers on the flaws on ComputerGeeks stats getting 5000 impressions/day with below lousy click totals. Manual click tests don't report anywhere near the actual numbers. Had this problem before with TigerDirect CTR going sounth after the merger when they had 5000+ impressions/day. Now they're getting 500-600 impressions on buried old links they show an amazing 3+% CTR. Something is fishy when the premo showcase links get 12 clicks on 5000 impressions and the 600 impression merchant gets the same 12 clicks.

Hope BF and their merchants roll up their sleaves and get to the root cause of this.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread