ABW Ambassador
    Hijacked? Very Strange - Need Help
    This is very strange and I don't know if I've been hijacked. Hopefully someone who is more intuitive regarding hijacking can give me some advice.

I recently changed some pages on my site and decided to see whether or not Yahoo had picked up the new pages in their cache. Go to one of the pages, clicked "cached" and while the page is loading up pops "you need to load chinese characters to read this page". WTF?? I check other pages on the site in Yahoo (clicking the cached link) and get the same thing regarding the need for chinese characters on every page. I check other sites (not my own) on the same Yahoo page but don't get the need for the chinese character msg. Clicking the non-cached version of the link takes me directly to my page.

I put my url into Yahoo to check to see if anyone is linking to me to see if I can determine if that might indicate I've been hijacked. I'm the only site listed. I click on the "cached pages" listed in Yahoo and now do not get the language box for chinese characters, but every Google AdSense ad is now showing an ad for Google Poland (www.google.pl). If I click on the non-cached version of the links, there is no problem.

I go back to the pages I originally checked (the ones where I was told I need chinese characters) and now there is no cached copy of any of those pages.

Anyone have any ideas?

Bob

have you bought the domain recently? if so it may have been an asian language website previously.

ABW Ambassador
    No. I've had the original domain for years.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread